HookedOnBeauty2

Full face makeovers in store.....

(0) Hearts

Has anyone taken advantage of the full face makeovers they do

at Sephora with a $50 purchase? Or even the consultation they do with a $125 purchase? I mean it's easy to walk in the store and spend that so why not have fun and try different makeup and different looks. I'm looking forward to it but I heard a few stories of SA not being too knowledgeable. What were your experiences?

missey1973

Re: Full face makeovers in store.....

For me I found a big difference between a makeover at MAC, Bobbi Brown, LM, etc counter than at Sephora. The one I had at Sephora was very fun though. The girl somehow gave me neon cat eyes, bright lips and cheeks like a clown. I am 40 and was wearing sweat pants. It was a look I dont think I would even wear for Halloween but I had a great time. The girl was very young, new and her boss was watching. I didnt have the heart to say anything. I just gave her a hug for trying.  I just kept thinking that somehow I will get paid back in life for this good deed. My poor husband about wet his pants laughing when he saw me. I then made him walk all around the mall with me as punishment for laughing.

kariyava

(0) Hearts

I went in for a makeover when I hit VIB last year and had fun trying new products.  I would definitely not go in expecting to have an expertly done face just the way I want it for a big event, but I enjoyed the experience of playing with makeup.  This is especially good if you want to try makeup that is difficult to get samples of.  For example, I wanted to try the Dior airflash foundation and some bronzers for contouring.  

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

I had a pretty horrible experience where the SA doing mine wouldn't listen when I said I was allergic to a certain product and tried to put it on my face anyway. I wound up spending the rest of my afternoon in a Benadryl haze at home, instead of out shopping like I had planned. If you don't have allergies or worries about using the testers in the store for a full-face make over (that's what they use for these,) then you'll probably have a better experience. 

natirmn

I get mine done probably about twice a month. My experiences have always been FANTASTIC. At least at my Sephora everyone knows what they are doing, and alot of times i leave the look completely up to them. The best part about it for me is learning about new products and how to use products correctly. Also once you find a MUA you like, you can request them for your appointments. All the employees already know who i like to work with so when i call in for an appt, they automatically try to get me that person! Its a blast, you should definitely take advantage. Like SirenPrinccess said, its a learning experience more than anything. 

jojobe

You may want to call the store you are planning on going to and make sure you do not need an appointment. Some of the stores are VERY picky when it comes to this. Ask if they have a Make up Artist that will be doing the makeover or just a Sales Associate. I had a SA do mine but she was very helpful and knowledgeable. If you go when they are not overloaded with customers you will probably also get a bit more attention. If there are products you know you do not want on you, please let them know what items are on your no list. If you have a list of stuff you want to try it is also helpful to them instead of just saying, i want something different. Bring a photo ( or 2) as well. Be sure to sign up for the Beauty Insider program if you are not already!  

HookedOnBeauty2

(0) Hearts

Great advice, thanks! I am a beauty insider and right around the corner from VIB :smileyhappy:

SirenPrincess

I've done this several times in several different stores and my experiences were all good.  It is FUN for me to play with make up, have my make-up done, talk to someone about make-up, see new things.  So I've never regretted doing it, especially since as you said, chances are I'm going to spend $50 if I walk into a Sephora anyway.

The quality of the makeover has depended upon the artist doing it and the store.  Some are better than others.  I've had my make-up look WOW, I've had my make-up look a bit bad on a few key things (foundation match) but still had some parts I liked and learned something new so it was still fun.

I wouldn't do this right before a big event where I really cared about my make-up.  But for fun, why not?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • jojobe
    • ladymeag
    • natirmn
    • missey1973
    • SirenPrincess
    • kariyava