bnnsctt

Foundation

(0) Hearts

I am 54 years old with the results of sun exposure and acne. I need a foundation with great coverage and long wearing. I wear Estee Lauder Double Wear, but I would like to try another, if there is one better. I've tried Clinique Even Better Make-Up, but it doesn't do the job. My skin is normal/combination.

KamKamLove

Re: Foundation

(0) Hearts

Have you ever tried BB cream with powder foundation?  BB cream is very light,not heavy on your skin and you don't need a lot of it.  The main ingredient is Titanium Dioxide which is sunscreen.  You can buy other products that have an SPF too.  No matter what anyone says, YOU NEED SUNSCREEN!!!  Under your makeup especially.  You can find facial sunscreens that are not heavy or oily.  I use Maybelline's BB cream and have used Almay's version of it as well.  For me, it has helped with pigmentation in some areas and redness on my nose and cheeks.  I use my hands to apply the cream and then use my Kabuki brush to apply powder. I get my mineral foundation from Avon and use Neutrogena's Healthy skin powder, which is SPF 15.  This is a very inexpensive way for coverage. It may not work for everyone, but it's just a matter of experimenting and seeing what your skin likes. 

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

If you like a liquid, use Tarte's 12-hour foundation, but if you prefer a powder formula use Lancome's Dual Finish foundation.  Both control shine really well.  I actually like Lancome's formula for hotter days.  If you have flaky skin, it won't accentuate it like a liquid will.  Both cover pigmentation or redness well, but I like Lancome's just a tad more.  Very lightweight, unlike a liquid can feel.

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

You have to remember that foundation is not the way to get better looking skin it's through skin care and adhering to a strict routine to keep your skin looking great and then comes the foundation part. Kat Von D's lock it foundation is the one that will give you great coverage with the staying power. Hope this helps!

Here's the link:http://www.sephora.com/lock-it-tattoo-foundation-P311138?skuId=1398825

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

@beautylovingirl- I'm curious what product do you recommend for skin care. I know that everyone's skin is different, but I am curious to hear your recommendations :smileyhappy: 

jennypenny1995

I have combo/blemish-prone skin, too.  Right now, I'm finishing a round of Renee Rouleau's skin care.  Really has made a difference!  After that, I'm going back to Clinique's Mild liquid soap, #2 or 3 toner, and Dramatically Different Gel.  At night, I use Philosophy's new Hope in a Jar Night.  Twice weekly to exfoliate, I use Murad's Pomegranate Mask.  Best skin I've had in a long time!

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

thanks jennypenny1995! It is fun to hear which products are working for other people.

As for me, I have been using Proactive at night about 5 times a week. In the morning, I wash with a mild cleanser and use a moisturizer (either Earth Science Almond-Aloe Facial Moisturizer, or Mychelle Daily Defense Cream SPF17, or Yes To Carrots Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15).  I exfoliate once a week with a peel- I've been using PTRoth or Mychelle Pumpkin Peel.

On the nights I don't use the Proactive I wash with a gentle cleanser and then use boscia oil-free nightly hydration or a sample of something I have (origins brightener, etc).

My skin has been looking better since the proactive but still trying to find some diamonds in the rough products that other people LOVE. :smileyhappy:

alare

(0) Hearts

Kat Von D's "Lock-it" foundation is awesome! Full-coverage, fragrance free, oil-free, all that good stuff. However, online they are always showing all of them out of stock! And I use a color that's pretty common so the couple times I've bought it in the past, it's been out of stock since. If you can get your hands on a shade... definitely try it out! I also use the Lancome's 24H Teint Idole Ultra. It has SPF 15 and is medium to a buildable coverage. I have acne and hyperpigmentation spots on my cheek areas and the KVD foundation covers them really well, but with the Lancome one, I have to go over it once more after applying it to my face. I have oily skin and they work well for me so I would imagine them working well for normal to combo skin.

BlushHoarder

(0) Hearts

People seem to like the Tarte-Amazonian Clay 12-hr full coverage foundation. It truly is full coverage... but the shade choices are a bit limited.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 7 in conversation
    • bnnsctt
    • alare
    • jennypenny1995
    • roxystar4
    • beautylovingirl
    • BlushHoarder