nebel

Foundation funnies- a makeup related mood lightening story

So I'm a scientist. I'm also a girl. I happen to be the only girl in my lab.

We were just all in the lunchroom (myself and all my male co-workers) and for some reason I was talking about foundation matching and skin undertones, and for some other reason they were all listening.

I showed my wrist and how my veins look blue and explained about cool undertones.  Then I showed my boss' wrist and how he was clearly warm toned, because his veins look green.

My boss asks "Well, what kind of makeup should I wear, then?"

Without skipping a beat, my co-workers reply.

"A PAPER BAG!"

We all loled.  They are so mean, but oh, it was funny. 

LadyInWhite

Re: Foundation funnies- a makeup related mood lightening story

I love it!

wingatprsct

That is hilarious!  It sounds like you have a good working environment with a great group of guys and a goodnatured boss as well.  Is next week's lesson on contouring?  I'd like to hear how that goes as well!

thesupergirl

That is hilarious!

DesertRose0706

That is really funny thanks for sharing!

jellybean917

Oh that's great! Good thing your boss is a sport about it all.

I love talking about makeup and skincare with the guys in the lab. I think they think it's funny when they mention beauty products and I go off on some tangent about products for dry skin or how important eye cream is.

theramenlover

Oh my goodness, LOL. That's hilarious. I think it's great that you and your co-workers/boss have such a great relationship that you guys can joke like that! :smileyhappy:

spoiledbrat

it is a cute story - i don't think they were being mean, they were being sarcastic & funny :smileyhappy:

PoesRevy

It is a funny comeback (bad!, but funny) and seems it was taken in good stride.

Thank to you they all know how to tell if they are warm or cool tones! Thanks for the lol

ChicDabbler

Nobody arounds me really likes or cares about makeup either, so I don't really talk about it, I just wear it and sometimes I get interesting reactions:

- Wore dark red lips for Halloween. My two guy friends were talking so I came up behind them and joined the conversation. Both of them exclaimed "WOAH!" "wow! "whAT?!" "wow!" and I was like ".....?" and one guy finally said in a slightly amused tone "you've got LIPS! You've got color on your face!" ......oh, random comments that guys say.....

- My dad never understood makeup. Once we were together and he said "I don't understand why people wear makeup. See? you don't need make up. You've got naturally thick brows, nice lashes, pink cheeks, nice skin, and pink lips. You don't need to wear makeup!".............my mom took one look at me and laughed, then told him "dear, that's because she's wearing makeup" and my dad was like "?!?!?!?"

That's about it.

mberteig

Ha ha ha!  I love it!

beautylovingirl

That's too funny!

nebel

Hahah my boss is a good looking man, my co-workers just couldn't resist the dig.  :smileyhappy:

rikkie

I'm sure no matter whose wrist you grabbed, if they had asked that question, the answer would have been the same. :smileyhappy:

nebel

(0) Hearts

Yup. That's how they roll. We managed to have the magnetic poetry kit on the fridge for a whole hour before it was completely rearranged into **bleep** jokes.  

nebel

Aaaaaaaaaaand Sephora just bleeped f a r t.

ChicDabbler

Interesting bleep. I suppose you can always use a different word to get around it. Aromatic gaseous release?

LadyInWhite

In some ways the bleeping makes it worse.  I always fill in a four letter f word when I see it, even when that doesn't make any sense.

veronika23

LMAO!  Totally agree with you... so mean but so funny!

knadala

Scientists are unapologetically honest :smileyhappy:

spedteacher74

That is too funny!  I am a teacher and my assistant is a 59 year old man.  He hears about Beauty Talk all the time!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 46 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • spoiledbrat
    • theramenlover
    • ChicDabbler
    • veronika23
    • beautylovingirl