Foundation for oily skin

(0) Hearts

Hello girls I need your help! I am looking for a foundation for very oily skin but with a natural finish and not heavy. Not sure if Nars sheer matte, Becca or other.

Re: Foundation for oily skin

(0) Hearts

On a daily basis I use Smashbox Photo Finish Light primer. Estee Lauder double wear foundation and set the foundation with Mac prep and prime finishing powder. I need something lighter on the skin I think i'm going to go with Nars sheer matte! Thanks for your help guys! Smiley Very Happy

Smashbox's Photo Finish Light Primer is designed for oily skin, but it's not a mattifying primer, it's better if you wish to tackle mattifying/oil control through other means (such as skin care or make up itself). 

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Oily/Primer-for-oily-skin/m-p/610061/highlight/true#M698

The above thread has a break down of mattifying primers in various formulations that you may want to check out to better aid in oil control so your make up wears and lasts longer.

(0) Hearts

Smashbox is a great one especially with the oil free primer underneath. This one works really good http://www.sephora.com/studio-skin-15-hour-wear-foundation-P292403?skuId=1349380

Make sure not to use your fingers when applying foundation and always use a clean sponge/ brush. You can also use a setting powder such as too faced primed and poreless loose powder. You can use this as a primer as well and a finishing powder. 

(0) Hearts

I agree with Kevin and SephoraLovex about the NARS Sheer Matte.  I have only skin and I use MAC's Studio Fix Pressed Powder Foundation.  It looks like my skin just better.  Make sure that you're using a good primer and setting powder also.

(0) Hearts

You should check out Hourglass Liquid to Powder foundation. Very mattifying!

(0) Hearts

If you're referring to Hourglass Immaculate foundation, it is very mattifying, but I don't think it's a natural finish. I wear it daily, but consider it to medium to full coverage. So maybe not best for a natural and not heavy finish. But still an outstanding product for those with oily skin looking for excellent coverage! 

NARS Sheer Matte or Shiseido Sheer and Perfect Foundation. Both are light-weight and natural looking Smiley Happy

Hi Carla1994! Nars Sheer matte is a great option. Smiley Happy I would also recommend the Make Up For Ever Duo Mat if you're wanting something with some great oil-control powder.  

Cheers!
Kevin 

(0) Hearts

I have been using Duo Mat Powder for ages. I use it as a setting powder and for touch ups throughout the day. It's great for oily skin!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 8 in conversation