sls35

Foundation Help!

(0) Hearts

Hello Ladies! I really need your help. I am running low on my favorite foundation NARS sheer glow in mont blanc and I do not think I will be able to buy a new one any time soon. So I was wondering do you have any suggestions as to what drugstore foundations would be somewhat similar or whatever your favorite drugstore foundation is? I have fair skin with some dryness, and a few breakouts nothing too major. Thank you so much!

sls35

Re: Foundation Help!

@latinadiva Thank you for responding to my initial post! I will definitely have to try this foundation out as well. It is all about experimentation :smileyhappy:

latinadiva

If you like NARS Sheer Glow, I would try Neutrogena Healthy Skin. There was a lot of buzz going around that one company owned the other, but I don't believe that is true as from what I understand NARS is a Shisheido-owned company while Neutrogena is a Johnson & Johnson-owned company. That being said, it has often been referred to as the NARS Sheer Glow Dupe. I do own the Healthy Skin, but not the NARS (I have Sheer Matte, not Sheer Glow) but from what I understand they are similar in result, just that the Neutrogena is thinner. 

sls35

(0) Hearts

Awesome I did not know that you could return makeup at Walgreens! thank goodness you said something. I just wish you could get samples from there too. haha. yeah I am not a big fan of powdered foundations they always make my face look cakey.

roxystar4

If you buy it from CVS or Walgreens, if you test it and it doesnt match your skin or makes you break out, or if you just dont like it, you can return it.

I tried the Nearly Naked Pressed Powder but it wasnt for me (the color did not match)- light was too dark and fair was too pink for me.

A lot of people like Revlon Colorstay, Revlon Colorstay Whipped, and the New Covergirl 3 in 1. I have not tried any of them so I cant speak from personal experience.

I like the Loreal True match powder, but I had a hard time with the true match liquid... some people LOVE IT. I just couldnt find a good color for me.

sls35

@roxystar4 Thank you for your suggestion! I will definitely have to go to the drugstore and pick one up :smileyhappy:

roxystar4

My favorite drugstore foundation is Revlon Nearly Naked (liquid). It is medium coverage and I really like it. There are quite a few reviews on youtube about it. 

I am matched to NARS deauville (light 4).  Looks like you are lighter and have pink undertones.  For the Revlon NN I wear Vanilla 120. My guess would be Ivory for you.

photo.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • sls35
    • roxystar4
    • latinadiva
Photos1
  • photo.jpg