tashalicious

For those of us that like Dupes...

8a8768dbe63c8547a9d0d6b6e32d84ad.jpgdb71fce473385c176b8f1245eb3b6292.jpg

LuluGoodnight

Re: For those of us that like Dupes...

Christian Louboutin Rouge -->> Sephora Formula X Loves Rouge

Same in all lighting, FormX has better wear time.

nishcakes

I knew about the color dupe. But FormX really lasts longer? Wow!

BuxomBabe80

(0) Hearts

MAC Angel dupe Wet n' Wild 901B. 

WhereYouStand

this is probably silly to recommend (i fear it's already pretty well  known) but has anyone heard of the website called temptalia? if not, it is well known for comparing high end makeup to dupes.just throwing out the recommendation to those of you who by chance haven't heard of it yet. :smileyhappy: 

MLennon

I just discovered this the other day! I'm in love! 

BuxomBabe80

Yep! Love her blog! It's like a makeup dictionary! 

itscarin

(0) Hearts

Does anyone know of a dupe for Tom Ford's Black Orchid?  I can't justify spending $50 on a lipstick.  I thought Bite in Cassis might be a good dupe but I don't have that and probably won't buy it since I can't see it in person.

andyhtrieu

I think Revlon Super Lustrous Black Cherry would be a good match :smileyhappy:

BuxomBabe80

(0) Hearts

L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadows are most definitely a dupe for the Armani Eyes to Kill. The packaging is quite similar too. I believe they might be made in the same lab and packaged by different companies. 

HelloCoffee

I just bought Madiera from Bite.....it's lovely, but looked very familiar on my lips. I dug around my drawer and Loreal Colour Riche in Fairest Nude is a dupe!!! 

AllyKatVA

Oooo, do you find yourself purchasing the "same" products from different brands too? :smileyhappy:

HelloCoffee

Yes! LOL  I was doing good for a while, I usually research dupes before purchasing something but today was such an impulse buy, lol. I am going to either exchange it or just return it. It's literally the same color, lol. I am honestly kind of annoyed about it, now I have another errand on my to-do list, ha ha. 

b34utyb4by

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I've heard things about the Monistat Chaffing Cream being good dupe for Smashbox's Photo Finish!

andyhtrieu

I wouldn't use the Monistat product on my face. Even though the ingredients are very similar to the Smashbox Photo Finish, we don't know the concentration of each ingredient. Plus, the Photo Finish has ingredients that will benefit the skin. 

ashleynne

[ Edited ]

s1340991-main-hero.jpgmakeup.jpg

I found that even though the Hourglass Immaculate starts out as a liquid and the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse starts out as a Mousse they both apply very much the same, have relatively the same finish, and the same coverage! The price difference Hourglass being $55 and the Maybelline $8.99 (but you can get this on sale half the time at the drugstore).

talinder

(0) Hearts

While they may apply the same and appear similarly on the skin my guess is the Maybelline doesn't perform like the Hourglass. For example, Hourglass Immaculate has kaolin clay which absorbs sebum. I have actually felt it absorbing when wearing without moisturizer one time. That's a big deal for super oily folks. It also has antioxidants and antiaging ingredients. Dream Matte is probably great for young, combo skin though.

ashleynne

[ Edited ]

I never claimed that the mousse absorbed sebum I merely stated that it had the same finish, similar application, and around the same coverage. Dupes aren't always 100% on it's supposed to be something that is close or similar. I think it's funny your telling me what the foundation I already own and love does? Obviously I am aware of all the workings of Immaculate because I wear it myself.

emmohh

I have been looking for a higher-end dupe of the finish of Maybelline's Dream Matte Mouse. I am so excited to try this.

ashleynne

This is my favorite higher end foundation! Just keep in mind it's designed for oily skin. So if you have dry or normal or combination make sure to moisturize really well first to get the best application. I really hope you like it as much as I do!

infinitise

I actually tried the maybelline mousse foundation in highschool. I think in Sophmore year because one of my friends who were "first to wear makeup" introduced it to me 

I don't know if I would buy it again, but its surprisingly nice. I didn't use any brush back then, but it applied more evenly with fingers than any other bb creams I've tried in the past (which I buy for the purpose of wearing it with just fingers on days I have no clean brushes) 

I have fair to light skin, and the color was great; and the foundation truly stayed the entire day on my "adolescent oily skin." without becoming cakey or patchy. It didn't look flat either. 

Catrice I think is harder to get in US but has a great mousse to powder foundation that's a bit better than the maybelline version 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 62 replies
  • 92 hearts
  • 34 in conversation
    • itscarin
    • colorprodigy
    • jojobe
    • talinder
    • ashleynne
    • rastika