Noelle98

First time makeup

I'm 14, about to start high school, and I want to start wearing some light/natural makeup, nothing too heavy, I have very pale skin, dark hair.

What kind of makeup should get. 

nebel

Re: First time makeup

I agree with what has been said! Enjoy your fresh, beautiful, young skin!! Mascara is a great thing to start with, and lipgloss.  Maybe a light pink cream blush. 

clarks18

Also remember less is more when you are younger.  You have plenty of time to have a full face of makeup.

clarks18

A silicone based primer would help smooth those out and make them look smaller.  Again L'oreal makes a nice primer, NYX is a great brand with a couple awesome primers that are real affordable.  Then take your tinted moisturizer, foundation, or concealer and pat it on over the primer.  Just use your finger and really pat that in.  Use your ring finger that uses the least amount of pressure.  Since you're only 14 I wouldn't recommend using all those products everyday primer, foundation, concealer.  You could get away with less.  Again it's just about trying things and figuring out what works for you.  Lastly set that with a translucent powder.  The primer alone might help smooth those pores and make them look smaller. 

Noelle98

(0) Hearts

I also forgot to mention that I kind of have large pores under my eyes, anything I can do for that?

clarks18

I agree with tashalicious about the lip gloss and the mascara and a light wash of blush. You can also try playing with some different color eye shadows. Even if you wear just one color all over your lid. It will help you learn what colors and textures work well with your skin. If you do have some problem areas on your skin you worry about I would recommend a light weight tinted moisturizer. L'oreal makes a nice one at a drugstore price. Laura Mecier is a great higher end option. Maybe also a translucent setting powder just to give your skin a beautiful finish without looking to made up. Keep trying different things and watch youtube videos. You'll learn a lot and find what works for you. Have fun!

Noelle98

THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!

tashalicious

How exciting!!!  Do you have acne? if not you can skip the foundation, you could try mascara,  lipgloss , or a lipstick in the pink family. Sephora's colorful blush goes on very natural and it cost about $14.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • clarks18
    • nebel
    • tashalicious
    • Noelle98