ChicDabbler

Favorite fantasy but wearable makeup look?

[ Edited ]

First off, I was going by BeautyTester. No one stole my avatars, current handle or anything so to those old friends who knew me, don't be alarmed, lol. Also, I did it half-asleep at 3am after fiddling with all the settings and poking everywhere for half hr, so don't ask me how. @.@

But anyways, makeup. There's the cat eye, smoky eye, and the neutral eye that we wear normally. Then there's the rhinestone, inch long falsies and rainbow eyeshadows that only exists on runway and doesn't look quite as nice on the street. What about the inbetween? What are the unique/pretty but wearable look you've seen, done or love to replicate?

My current favorite is from Shu Uemura's promo video titled "Kabuki Femme Fatale" that uses not one....not two...but three eyeliners! I've tried two before, but this is unique in that the black eyeliner is not a straight line but dips in the middle and extends more in the inner corner, then pick two colors, use the darker in the middle and lighter above. Love it.

Untitled.png

My other favorite is from a Chinese manhwa Chang Ge Xing. Ok, so maybe not the one long lash thing, but definitely lots of mascara and if you look at the colored picture, there's soooo much contouring going on! And did you notice the dual-lipcolor? darker on top and lighter more feathered on the bottom? XD

Choukakou.jpg

So, any unique but wearable looks that you do or wants to do? Any fun/pretty makeup inspiration/suggestion welcome. =D

Sonny4President

Re: Favorite fantasy but wearable makeup look?

[ Edited ]

effie.jpg

I just love this look, when I first saw it on the big screen, I was like... WOW!

If someone's skin was that naturally light, I dont think it would be too extreme. Your eyeshadow and "blush" would be the same colour as your attire, which would be super amazing, revolutionary and unique!! 

The thing I love MOST about the look is actually the eyelashes! Paper cut eyelashes are trying to get into the mainstream but they don't have enough media attention on them... but it's so elegant and fun at the same time... Ve Neil did a fab job!

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Orange eyeshadows! That's my favorite! A complete orange look is a bit too much for me, and I'm too paranoid/lazy to use falsies, lol. Mmmm....gonna go dig out my orange eyeshadows again.

DarkCloud

(0) Hearts

:smileyhappy: Now I have "Kaaaa buki Femme Fatale" going through my head all the time after watching that video!

Masaya

(0) Hearts

image.jpgYa i wore small rhinestones around my eyes before

Shrewdle

Going on the Asian inspired theme, I love this look from a C-drama called "Mu Yi Tian Xia" depicting the imperial court of the Easter Han Dynasty in China. Pale skin, red cherry lips, and spots of red on the outer colors of the eyelids.

U2599P28T3D2499223F328DT20090430193914.jpg

ChicDabbler

Nice! Altho I don't think I've ever seen people actually wearing red eyeshadow outside of movies/runway, lol. Hmm, wonder how will other colors work.....

Ahaha, I didn't even notice the asian trend. This is another fav, I love the dewy skin and the bottom eyeliner is cute.

upload_6488503345213604090.jpg

Shrewdle

(0) Hearts

Ooo I really do like that eyeliner look...so cute! Will have to try it out some time! Yeah, I agree. Red is really hard to pull off...the most daring I've gone is maybe some pink on the outer corners of the eye, but I don't think I can go to the grocery store with red eyeshadow without getting some weird stares, lol. :smileyhappy: 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • ChicDabbler
    • Shrewdle
    • Masaya
    • Sonny4President
    • DarkCloud
Photos6