Answer
tuesdaym
Favorite Nars Product

I have numerous itmes from lots of brands, but for some reason I have never been able to get into Nars. I only have ever puchased one Nars product: Nars Eyeshadow Duo in Bellissima. I really love it and want to get more Nars products, so give me some recommendations. What is your favorite Nars product and why? :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 32
syritt
Answered
(0) Hearts

I actually don't love Orgasm as much as everyone else. It turns a little orangy on me and the glitter shows more than it should. My favorite NARS blush is Torrid. Just a tiny bit gives me the perfect hint of a flush, and a little more for a dramatic evening look.

I also love the lipstick in Dolce Vita.

Really, I highly recommend going to a store if you can and playing with the different colors. That's the best way to tell what's going to look the best on you.  

JGSFLA
Answered
(0) Hearts

NARS lip laquer  in EROS! and orgasm of course lol

garnett
Answered
(0) Hearts

I love Nars blushes.  My two favorite are Amour (peachy pink no shimmer) and Mata Hari (rose petal pink no shimmer) They have great pigmentation and are long wearing.  I also love the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella.  Again, great pigments and long wearing. 

kalex
Answered
(0) Hearts

Sex Appeal!  My HG blush.  I've more that hit pan - I have to swipe my brush across the edges 20 times to get enough on there.  I told myself I can't buy a new one until I use one of the other 10 blushes in my drawer. :smileysad:

brittieeee
Answered
(0) Hearts

Nars Blush in Orgasm is the "One" everyone talks about but my fav Nars Blush shade is Lovejoy - a shimmery rosey bronze!  It is good for my skin tone which is light-medium with yellow undertone.  This has been a staple shade for me since 2004 ( i know because I first bought it for my prom! LOL)nars blush.jpgAs people have said, their lipsticks are great!  They don't bleed or feather.  No one ever mention's their red, but their Jungle Red shade is one of my (if not the favorite) red:

nars jungle.jpg

Nicrohr
Answered
(0) Hearts

Nars Blush in Gaiety - love it.  Super buildable (starts out sheer) color.  Much softer on than it looks in the package.  Goes on evenly, smooth, with great color.  Doesn't look muddy, dirty, never cakes or streaks!!!

swfupload_1857306809603372781.jpg

DTalksAll
Answered
(0) Hearts

I love NARS lip glosses & Orgasm has been my main blush for years. 

nars love.jpgI also have a Multiple in Riviera, I like it, but I find cream blushes to be a lot of work. 

shinybananas
Answered
(0) Hearts

NARS blush in Desire: a hot pink that reads more natural than you might think it would in the pan.  I love their blushes, you can't go wrong with the formula. 

Their matte lipsticks are to die for.  I find myself reaching for Vesuvius almost as often as MAC's classic red, Ruby Woo. 

Their lip glosses are also my favorite formula, aside from Chanel. For a vampy night out look, try Rouge Tribal. So sexy.

Meg82
Answered
(0) Hearts

I love the NARS matte velvet pencil in Cruella.  I also really love the translucent setting powder.

HelloImObsessed
Answered
(0) Hearts

The one Nars product that I would recommend to anyone of any skin type is the blush Madly.

In the picture, it comes off as a pale pink and the website describes it as a "seashell pink". The wonderful thing about this blush is that it is so versatile. You can achieve this light pink color by lightly applying it but, personally, I prefer another look. What I do it pack quite a bunch into a stippling brush and sweep this blush right in the area where the blush and the contour shade would meet and overlap. This creates a subtle contour as well as a beautiful blush all in once. It goes great with a bit of highlight on the cheekbone. It has a very slight shimmer that is perfect because it doesn't wash you out but it's not an overpowering shimmer.

Enjoy!

Madly.jpg

kellsmuneoka
Answered
(0) Hearts

I'm in love with their lip products. Schiap is a beautiful fushcia color & a cult classic. I don't have a lot of NARS, but the matte lip pencil in Cruella is gorgeous too. xo

waterbaby1981
Answered
(0) Hearts

My favorite Nars products:

Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30- This is one of the perfect TMs for summer.  It gives enough coverage that your skin just GLOWS (which is great, since I can fake it when I don't feel like I have that pregnancy glow lately).  I find that I can wear this alone over sunscreen and I'm good to go with a little mascara and gloss.

Nars Lipstick in Dolce Vita-I'm porcelain fair, but this is close enough to my natural lip color that it looks like a neutral on me instead of a little more dramatic.  Nars Matte Pencil in Sex Machine is similar, and looks great alone or with a shimmery gloss layered.

Nars Laguna!  Again, porcelain fair and one of the only bronzers I can wear without my skin looking muddy. 

Nars Orgasm in the Multiple- LOVE this.  Goes on sheer enough that you can build color and lasts without needing a touchup.  Great on dry or combination skin.

fhgarman
Answered
(0) Hearts

I love Nars!!! They have wonderful eyeshadows and their eyelid primer is fantastic. I really recommend their blush in Dolce Vita. It is matte (no shimmer) so it's perfect for everyday. And it's so pigmented, the little palette might last you forever. I've had mine for a couple of years and while I don't wear blush everyday, I can't imagine I will have to repurchase it for a long, long time.

BlushHoarder
Answered

I love Nars everything! This is a fantastic brand with consistently impressive products.

If I had to choose one, I would choose NARS Shrinigrar lipstick.

Perfect pink/neutral. It has some sheerness, so it is forgiving.

I dare you not to love it.

(after reading my own post, I think I need to fill out an application to work at NARS now.)

keelybt
Answered

Like everyone else I love Nars! I love the eyeshadows in any color.  The are nicely pigmented and go on so smoothly.

My perfect red- Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella

NARS - Velvet Matte Lip Pencil

Blush in Sin It's one of the few cool toned blushes that don't turn PINK on me.

NARS - Blush

The Multiple in Luxor, South Beach and Lamu They are soft, go on smoothly and give beautiful color and sheen.

NARS - The MultipleNARS - The MultipleNARS - The Multiple

sparkle28
Answered

Nars Blush in Orgasm is amazing.  It gives a natural rosy flush without settling on top of the skin.  I love it so much that I bought it for my -- then -- 79-year-old-mother.  She was a-twitter with the name, but, once she used it, she was hooked.  She uses it; I use it; my 19-year-old daughter uses it, and we all look good.  Just use a light sweep across the cheekbones.  You'll love it

crayzeeRN
Answered

My NARS lipstick in Niagara :smileyhappy:

NARSNiagara.jpg

kimmi1115
Answered

Like you, I've only tried a few NARS products.  The ones I currently have, though, I absolutely love!!

NARS lipstick in Cruising:

I didn't think I would be into nude shades, but this lipstick proved me wrong.  It can go with practically any eyeshadow combination, and it's perfect all year round.  If I'm not sure what lip product I want to wear for the day, I grab this one to use.  It has a nice texture, and isn't drying on me. 

NARS Laguna Bronzer

I recently got into wearing bronzers, and Joyce sent me a mini of this since she would not use it.  I am now a bronzer fan!  Since I'm still new to it, I don't do anything dramatic or up a level with it, but it does give the sun kissed glow without tanning all the time lol.

missjr
Answered

Tuesdaym, I don't even know where to  begin!

I knew very little about NARS products myself, and the first product I purchased was the Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, which someone at Sephora turned me onto.  I was determined to purchase the UD Potion Primer, which is great, but I've found my HG primer with NARS.  The packaging is very convenient and it does everything it says it will.  Plus, it goes on very smooth and lasts all day.  My eye makeup is the least of my concerns during the day thanks to this great primer.

NARS - Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

I figured that was it for me with NARS.  That was until I asked for advice about cheek colors for women of color.  I'm an NW45 in MAC and I wear MUFE HD Foundation in #180.  So I typically played it safe when it came to blushes, preferring to stick to neutral bronzes or browns.  However, NARS has some beautifully pigmented colors that are universal and complimentary to any skintones.  First, I ended up purchasing the Highlighting/Bronzing Blush Duo in Orgasm/Laguna.  These shades are awesome together or alone.  My skin looks as if it is glowing and really works with whatever foundation I'm wearing.  

NARS - Highlighting/Bronzing Blush Duo

I also purchased the blush in Taos to wear for a black-tie event, where I wanted my makeup a little more intense.  This shade is a beautiful rosy color with a touch of shimmer.  A little bit goes a long way and it photographs beautifully.

NARS - Blush

I also purchased the Powder Foundation SPF 12 in New Orleans, which is formulated for medium-dark skintones with yellow undertones.  I planned to purchase the MUFE Duo Mat powder for the summer but the SA at Sephora wasn't successful in finding a perfect match for me.  Although my skin has blue-red undertones, she suggested NARS and this shade in particular since I tan during the summer months.  I was unsure at first, but she was absolutely right.  Not only is this shade gorgeous, but the coverage is buildable and you can apply it with the sponge for a more polished look, or with a kabuki brush for a more sheer, natural look which I actually prefer.  This is also the first powder foundation I've worn that doesn't oxidize on my skin.

NARS - Powder Foundation SPF 12

I would strongly encourage you to explore some of NARS other products, including the lipsticks and makeup brushes which are also highly rated.

sportygirly
Answered

Nars Bronzer in Laguna

Nars Blush in Orgasm

Nars lipgloss in Turkish Delight (not the best smelling but the color is nice)

elizbeth1972
Answered

Definitely NARS Blush in Laguna.....lipsticks are also great!

thecaramelapple
Answered

I love Nars Blush in Gina.. it's a great sherbet looking color that Eva Mendes wear a lot. 

I love Nars Lipgloss in Ophelia.. it's one of those shades that go with pretty much everything..and its unique..nars calls it strawberry nectar

I love Nars Eyeliner in Bonaparte or something..its a nude one and it looks great for brightening inner corners

and Lastly Nars eyeshadow base is better than Urban Decay in my opinion.

makeupobesessed
Answered
I love Nars blush in Orgasm and Nars lip pencil in Dragon Girl..
Mstammimarie
Answered
I've Only bought the Nars blush, Orgasm. It's perfect for my tone and is very natural looking with the blend of color and that special glow look. Next, will be the eyeshadow and lipstick.
janinebt
Answered

Hi tuesdaym,

NARS is one of my all time favorite brands! I don't own a ton of their eyeshadows, however I'm absolutely crazy about their blushes, lipsticks, and bronzers. I find that these products have some of the best color payoff, which makes touch ups minimal. I also really like the blush colors that they have available, they're multidimensional giving the face a healthy glow.

Their nail polishes are also phenomenal, the long lasting formula gives my nails a salon worthy look.

NARS - Blush

My favorite NARS blush colors are: Orgasm, Taos, and Albatross (which is a beautiful golden highlighter)

NARS - Bronzing Powder

I just recently got a mini version of the Laguna bronzer. It defines my cheeks and jawbone perfectly and is quickly becoming a summer staple.

NARS - Nail Polish

Endless night is a great alternative to black polish, it's a super deep purple.

NARS - Pure Matte Lipstick

Mascate is part of the pure matte lipstick line. It's a stunning classic red that looks incredible on everyone.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
ladyjaynelove
Answered
I have to agree with the majority...Orgasm is a blush like no other, amazing for ANY skin tone. It provides a beautiful, etherial glow. My close second is the liquid sheer foundation. Sheer Glow gives a natural, luminous finish while Sheer Matte provides an airbrushed and velvety texture that keeps shine at bay. Both contain ingredients that are proven to brighten and even skin tone...a foundation that allows you to skip foundation?! I'm in! Also love the Velvet Matte lip pencils. They are soooooo smooth and creamy!
elea33
Answered
I am pretty fair so unfortunately orgasm blush looks super orange on me. I am a huge fan of the eyeshadow duos. My favorite is All About Eve and Brumes. They are so versatile I tend to reach for them daily. I never looked at BellissIma before, but it looks amazing. Are there any swatches of it? Thanks Ladies!
mrsl81
Answered

So many things to choose from and everyone has picked some great items, I don't think I can pick just one either so I'll go top 3 :smileyhappy:

1) Nars lipstick in Cruisin' - great nude (pink) that compliments pretty much everyone.  I love Nars' lipsticks - they glide on smooth, are not sticky, and have fairly good staying power.

2) Nars blush in Orgasm - again a great color that compliments pretty much everyone.  

3) Nars Pure Radiant TM - sheer, light-weight TM.  It's oil free, has spf 30, does not smell like sunscreen (i can't stand wearing face makeup that has a sunscreeny smell), gives skin a smooth and dewy finish

When I try a new brand I always try to start with 1 item, like a lipstick,  in a netural color so that I can figure out I'm going to like the formula/texture/feel etc of the item and if I do I start branching out into other colors.  Happy hunting :smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave
Answered
[ Edited ]

1. NARS Lipstick in Cruising (perfect pinky nude)

2. NARS The Multiple in Riviera(gorgeous blush/lip color)

3. NARS Lip Lacquer in Chelsea Girls(perfect pinky nude)

prettyinpa
Answered

My hands down favorite from NARS is the Danmari Blush palette that was available only for a short time, last fall. It has 6 different blushes in one sleek compact, including Orgasm and a great highlighter and bronzer. I take it everywhere with me and am going to be so sad when it runs out, I use every color in it and it even works on pale skin like mine.

Question Stats
  • 32 answers
  • 68 hearts
  • 34 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • kalex
    • prettyinpa
    • elea33
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • thecaramelapple
    • waterbaby1981