SJarrar

False Lashes

Hey everyone!

I've been wanting to try out false lashes for a while, but I wasn't sure on what brand to try because I've heard they can be pretty pricey, and I wasn't sure if they were right for me.

I'm looking for lashes I can wear on a daily basis because the only eye makeup I wear to school is mascara and I just want something to make my eyes pop a little more. :smileyhappy:

+ any additional info about them would be helpful too.

THANKS

janinebt

Re: False Lashes

I go through fake lashes like ballerinas go through pointe shoes! I have so many favorite brands/styles that I usually keep stocked in my freelance bag: -Ardell Wispies (they're natural, yet still give you that volume and length that most want)

-Ardell #113 (super long and super doll-like)

-Sephora Collection Flirt-It Lash Duo (literally some of the best on the market, AND they're great for beginners, I always keep a few of these in my primary kit incase I forget my lash bag)

upload_1451403434008737159.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
aviscardi

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I had a really bad experience with velour. ordered them, they wouldn't sit properly. and when i gently took them off, the hairs actually started to fall out!! I returned them but i was pretty annoyed, i had to ship them to canada, and they didn't state that on their website since they ship from CAli. i will never order from them again, cost me $7+ just to return them!

Now i just bought ardell 301 accents to try, and i love them! they are literally the length of my lashes with mascara, so they blended in perfectly, i applied mascara first but didn't need to use any after. they actually had curl to them so i wasn't sure if they were going to be an issue
. i used duo in black since thats what i bought last year. and i let them dry for 45 secs, no issue applying them. I was proud of myself lol. i will see how easy it is to remove them tonight.

Does anyone now what is a full lash the same length as the 301, and what other brands have similar accent lashes? Im thinking about getting the pink case because i really don't like storing them in their boxes, its a pain to get open

Screen Shot 2013-12-12 at 5.52.14 PM.png

sassy1204

if i was you I would definitetly splurge on mac eyelashes, they're super easy to glue on they have a large variety of em. Plus they're reusable if you are careful when taking them off, I think they are like $16 or so. If not try ardell they're good quality for a cheaper price, but you can't get that many use outta them.

Anyway good luck!!!

BabyD0LL1982

(0) Hearts

i love Red Cherry brand. They are soft, not stiff, around $2.50/pair and can be re-used a few times if you take care of them. the make-up artist from my photoshoot used them on me and wow, they make your eyes gorgeous without looking fake. good luck!

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I find lashes so hard to apply.  i wore a pair last year from ardell, accents 308 but they were really spaced out and i wasn't crazy about it. lately ive been lemming over the velour ones, theres a few pairs i wanna try but i think il start with the accent ones first. Ive watched countless videos on applying them and i still have a hard time lol. I feel like i have a hard time seeing over my lashes, but jaclyn hills how-to mentioned angling the mirror up so you're looking down at an awkward up the nose angle lol. In the meantime, i want to see if i can find the other half lashes maybe the 301s from ardell

ghkim

if i'm not mistaken i think you can have a MUA apply your falsies for free at sephora. i have tried this, but i'm pretty sure i saw it somewhere.

i think finding the right glue is crucial. i like duo. i actually like it in white, rather than black, because i like being able to see exactly where i am placing it. the white always fades so in the end you won't see any of the glue. it makes it easier if you wearing a reasonable amount of eyeliner so that the base of the false lashes can hide in there. and as kiki said, give the glue about 30 seconds to partially dry before you apply the lashes. i squirt glue onto the back end of a pair of tweezers and use this to swipe onto the lashes.

also it is important to make sure the strip is not too long, particularly in the inner corner. if it goes all the way to the inner corner it will jab you in the eye everytime you blink.

finally, if you've got the strip applied nicely at the base of your lashes, just make sure that the are both pointing in the same direction as your lashes. some people advocate using an eyelash curler to press the false ones into the real ones. i like to do it with my fingers.

Kiki1517

It's sooo hard! I used to only wear for special occasions, so I didn't get practice enough to get it down. Using tweezers helps too. Also wait about 30 sec after applying the glue so its tacky and doesn't slide all over your eye. Red Cherrys are good to start out with because they are super flimsy, the thin flexible band makes it easier to apply. Because of this, I only get one wear out of them though.

Carmen241986

(0) Hearts

I'm curious about trying false lashes, even though my real lashes are quite long. Just curious though what kind does Katy Perry use or where can you find ones similar ?. I see a lot of girls here in Toronto with them really sexy false lashes but never seen them at Walmart. 

saturnwings

(0) Hearts

Whether she uses them herself, I don't know, but Katy Perry does have a line of falsies.  I've seen them around in odd places, like Ulta and such, but I really don't know where you would find them in Toronto.  :smileysad:

I can't attest to the quality, either.  I've bought falsies - UD's and Sephora's this past VIB promotion - but haven't had the courage to try them on yet.  YIKES!!

melde

(0) Hearts

emilynoel83 on youtube has great reviews on drugstore lashes, I think most of hers are $2-3 and they always look really pretty on her

1Emily

(0) Hearts

I've personally never tried them, but I've heard really good things about the Katie Perry ones. I think they're pretty cheap, and they look great. :smileyhappy:

neko333

Ardell, Revlon, and Sephora brands are generally good. Don't go for the really cheap dollar ones (unless you are just using them for practice) most of them look terrible on. If they look stiff and plasticy in the box just avoid them. Good lashes tend to have a more fluffy appearance. Most of mine I buy when they are on sale. I stock piled Ardell when I found them for a $1. 

I have found differences in glue as well. I do really well with the Sephora brand glue for some reason. Revlon also has glue in a tube with a brush so you can easily paint it on the back of the lash without globing it (I think it was Revlon). There are also self adhesive ones that already have the glue applied but they are only for a one time use. 

When using these I apply all my eye makeup first. I generally like using eyeliner on my top lash line when I use them because it helps camouflage them. Fit them on your lid and make sure they are the right length. Trim them if you need  to. Apply glue on the back of the lash strip and wait a minute for the glue to become tacky (but don't let it dry). Apply as close to your lash line as possible. Tweezers are helpful for this. I often put them in the right spot then use tweezers to position them. When you have them in the right spot use the back end of the tweezers and gently press them down (The back of mine are blunt and flat). Once the glue dries curl your real and false lashes together this will help blend them. Then apply a coat or two of mascara to make them uniform in color. 

I would also recommend lashes that only go on the outer corners instead of full ones (unless you want to trim them yourself). These are much better for everyday. They are also more subtle and easier to apply. upload_8821087036036466481.jpg

Londonlover101

(0) Hearts

if you are just looking to buy some for a special occasion the dollar store does sell them, I am not sure If they glue is included or not. I have never tried these before because I'm not big on falsies but for the dollar store they might be quite good. hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

marydiva

(0) Hearts

If you're looking for something to wear on the daily - you'll want to go pricey. I only ever use falsies for nights out or big dances/parties. I usually wear them maybe eight times a year, tops?

Anyway - for that kind of occasional wear going cheap works out just fine. I get packages of five sets for six dollars at Ross Dress For Less and they do the job wonderfully. 

When it comes to actually *keeping* them on, you'll need a heavy duty glue, and well made lashes. Do some research or find someone who wears them on the daily :smileyhappy:

Kiki1517

[ Edited ]

The greatest affordable are Ardell which you can pretty much find anywhere. Also I buy Red Cherry on Amazon, Mighty Gadget (USA Merchant) lets you pick any 10 pairs for $18. High end ones I've been loving are from House of Lashes (I have Siren, Pixie Luxe, and Noir Fairy which are all a little more dramatic but they have natural ones as well) which end up not being too much when you consider how many times you can wear them. I bought one of the little lash cases and have worn one of the pairs 7 times already and they are still looking new (I clean them with eyemakeup remover after each wear).

upload_6186309087061918638.jpgupload_2436692440625372217.jpgupload_6316741556439835933.jpgupload_6529446589249882013.jpgupload_6718021977060402232.jpg

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

the case is from house of lashes? and do you use an oil based makeup remover, or will that mess them up

BeautyJunkie325

Those lashes look amazing.  Have you worn the Siren lashes?  How do they look on?

Kiki1517

Yes the Sirens were the first ones I purchased. I wanted to try the quality before I bought more. I'm wearing them in the last picture I posted, you can see on my profile :smileyhappy:

Also, if you look on their website, they picture a makeup artist or beauty guru wearing each pair which helps. I kept seeing these on IG and gave in one day lol.

upload_5655063568153878398.jpg

Kiki1517

Oh another thing I forgot to add on why I also went to House of Lashes. Everytime I would try falsies, my eyes would itch or burn and I thought it was the lashes. Didn't even think about the glue...having latex. Their glue is latex free :smileyhappy: Solved my issue.

BeautyJunkie325

I think I may have to pick those up.  They look fantastic on!  I'll grab some glue while I'm at it. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 24 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • marydiva
    • aviscardi
    • saturnwings
    • janinebt
    • neko333
    • BeautyJunkie325