lillyjumper

Fall 2014

(0) Hearts

I am thinking of glamming up my everyday neutrals for fall. What sort of shades should I switch to? I would like advice for skin, lips, and eyes! 

thanks in advanced for your help!

CuriousCannibal

Re: Fall 2014

I love neutrals, and when fall rolls around I like to add in bronzy/warn red shades. A reddish brown in the crease with a warm brown or gold on the lid just looks AMAZING.

But of course you aren't limited to neutrals, you can use any colors. I think darker colors are very fall-ish (like a forest green instead of mint, royal blue instead of teal, etc.)

And the same goes for lips, darker colors look so vampy and perfect. Dark reds such as Mac's diva or sin are really nice. Chili is a nice orangey/red/brown. 

Plummy lips would look nice too :smileyhappy:

andyhtrieu

[ Edited ]

If you want to stay on the neutral side of eye shadows/liners, try using coppers, bronzes, and rusty colors. If you want to experiment, I recommend using taupe/grey/lavender colors. They are just so gorgeous and perfect for fall and winter. 

And for blush, try using a muted plummy shade. That's what I'm planning to do soon! :smileyhappy:

ilovemyfreckles

I'd step up your exfoliant ( I use ptr red line-fantastic!) and make sure your skin is well hydrated. I recommend dior's touché éclat foundation.maybe try going to slightly more fall shades ( again check out Dior. Or give  oranges a try. Be sure and try YSL's glossy lip stain--my best find of the. Season..

annypoo

To glam up my neutrals look, I always wear a red lip (either true red or a berry/burgundy red). It dresses it up without having my eyes stray out of neutrals. 

If I'm a little more daring, I'll do my eyeshadow with a maroon/burnt orange or a purple color. I feel like they are enough pop of color without going too overboard. I usually use the maroon as a lid shade and the orange as a transition shade. It looks very fall-ish. For the purple look, I usually use a deep purple or a lighter pink/purple (UD last call) as my crease color. 

immichaeld

[ Edited ]

Try something different this fall! 

Don't opt for just changing your lip colour! You are still allowed to wear summer colours in the fall or winter.

For example, if you wore a bright pink lip in the winter and complimented it with a white shimmered eye look, it would look beautiful and mock a winter wonderland! 

Even a coral lip and a purple eye would look beautiful. 

Rather than just changing the lip and doing a neutral eye, try experimenting with intense eye looks and a soft lips. That is my style and personal opinion.

As for skin, I stick with my normal routine. Do what your skin is telling you to do. If you feel more dry, pick up a moisturizer that is more rich and use it at night or add a hydrating mask. If you skin is dehydrated, drink water! Do what you skin wants :smileyhappy:

lillyjumper

(0) Hearts

That is such a cool idea!

LariTheLoud

I definitely agree with this advice -- experiment! :smileyhappy: I love fall hues, and for eyes, the shades that come to mind are oranges, bronzes, reds, golds, and deep plums/purples. Of course, you don't have to wear all of these shades on your eyes at the same time, but try emphasizing one pop color with your neutrals. Using purple and gold instead of brown and gold, for instance!

Another way that I think really evokes fall is selecting the right blush shade. Peachy shades, orangey coral shades, and reds/berries (especially for later fall) are goooorgeous. Hourglass Mood Exposure is a blush that really reminds me of 'Fall.' So does MAC Ambering Rose.

Good luck, lilly, and really, just have fun with playing around! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • ilovemyfreckles
    • lillyjumper
    • annypoo
    • LariTheLoud
    • andyhtrieu