Sweetykins

FIRST POST!

Hi everyone!

This is my first post ever and I would like to ask you all, what is your favorite brand of makeup brushes? I don't know anything about brushes so I wouldn't know where to begin on buying a particular brand.

Thanks!

connieconcon

Re: FIRST POST!

(0) Hearts

Welcome!  I like all three of Sephora's house brush lines.  But if you're looking at brushes on a budget, I like Eco Tools, and have heard really great things about Sigma too.  

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

MAC brushes are also my favorites!

BamaCaliGirl

(0) Hearts

Bare Minerals! I adore my bare mineral's brushes, they are perfect. The brushes are super soft and they provide the exact level of coverage you want. The best part for me is how durable they are. I have very acne prone skin so I wash my brushes about 3-4 times a week with the bare minerals brush wash and a few drops of antibacterial dish soap and they're still in perfect condition. After about 3 months of daily use I have never even seen one bristle fall off. The only downside is buying them individually can be rather expensive. I got two of mine in a bare minerals starter kit but alone they range from $20-30.

marinaanne147

(0) Hearts

My absolute favorite brush brand is MAC (sorry Sephora!). Though expensive, MAC has a huge variety and each brush works perfectly for its purpose(s) and never sheds or bleeds.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Welcome to Beauty Talk! We hope you enjoy!

lylysa

Welcome to Beauty Talk!!!

Since brushes can be covered based by type, use, and even make, check out this thread where myself and other users give a run down on brushes including reviews, recommendations, and give insight on brands!

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Face-Q-A/Makeup-Brushes-as-Gift/qaq-p/406041

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

Ecotools, Real Techniques and MAC. And no I will not choose!

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

I like Ecotools too. I have their blush brush and it is so soft. Some of the other ecotools brushes are really nice too but too soft/fluffy for my taste :smileyhappy:

rawrxjasmine

I love my real technique brushes!

bananachoox3

(0) Hearts

Hello there and welcome to BT!

I have a mix of everything, I own MAC, Sigma, Cyathia Rowley, and Real Technique. I like a little bit of a mix. I love the MAC 217 brush for eyeshadow application. I love my stippling brush from Real Technique for foundation. Sigma F80 is a good foundation brush as well. Real Technique is a great deal, great quality for a very good price.

ellevee09

@sweetykins Some of the best brushes I've used have been real techniques. I owe Mac, sephora, sigma, and RT. real techniques are up there w/ my Mac brushes. Plus they are not expensive at all. Located at Ulta. Hope this helps! :smileyhappy: 

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

My favorite brushes are from sigma , you can start off with any kit really to ease in.   I have one 239 shader from Mac that I prefer over sigmas and I have a Bobbi brown blush brush that I just got and love!  My others are a few random bare minerals brushes 

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Oh and I also second what everyone else has said about the real techniques ones.  They do not have a large line but I take it like an add on.  I love their powder brushes , I use the expert face and buffing brush for liquid fdn.  The multi task for bronzer, powder or blush. And the blush brush for bronzer lol.  I have their other eye brushes but I use them for applying Primer 

jennypenny1995

Bobbi Brown brushes are way over-priced.  I love what I've gotten from Sephora!

colorobsession

Welcome! You've joined an awesome community, and I hope you'll find lots of helpful information here.

Purchasing quality makeup brushes is one of the best investments you can make for your beauty collection. It makes such a difference when you apply your makeup. I think buying brushes in a set is definitely the most cost effective way to go when you are first starting out, especially for doing your eye makeup. Then, you can always upgrade individual brushes as you see fit (or as your wallet can allow!)

Sephora has some really great brush collections that are often reasonably priced. I'd also keep an eye on the sale section, because seasonal collections are often discounted really well.

A few years ago I was able to score a Sephora Professional brush belt collection that was valued at almost $400 for less than $100. So, you never know what you may find.

Happy shopping!

kd006

(0) Hearts

Welcome to BT we're glad to have you here!

I would recommend Real Technique brushes. Specifically their expert face brush. Although all of their brushes are amazing. Their domed shadow brush is great for concealer as well. I also like sigma brushes. Any of their synthetics are nice. I also love bobbi brown brushes and MAC. I don't really prefer MAC for face brushes, but their 217 and i think its the 268? my numbering wore off.. but those brushes are amazing. I have invested in 3 Chanel brushes and I love them. I have a blush brush and 2 eye brushes. I plan to invest in Chanel brushes more but they are very expensive. I can really only afford to buy one at a time.

prettyinpa

(0) Hearts

My brushes are a mix of MAC brushes and Sephora Platinum Professional.  I've had my MAC brushes for many years, clean them frequently and they are still in great shape. Though they are pricey, they have some shapes that are unique to the brand. My Sephora brushes are newer, but seem so far to be very good and they aren't shedding or getting scratchy yet, so they are a good bet and unbeatable at the price. I just got the Too Faced Kabuki brush, so I can't give you a review of that one yet, but it feels wonderful and the adjustable function is a blessing when I travel.

Welcome, you'll find BT to be totally addicting, plan on spending loads of time here! :smileyhappy:

poemelyric

(0) Hearts

I love my Sephora brushes...  The Kat Von D brushes are also really good too.  Those are just eye shadow brushes though... I just bought a set of NARS brushes but I haven't used them yet.

mafan

(0) Hearts

I forgot to say, Welcome!  There's a lot of great advice around here.

bittersweet86

Welcome!!! Hope you have alot of fun on here.

My favorite brands for brushes are Mac, Sigma, Crown Brush (which is online) and Real Technique.

I would start off with Real Technique and Sigma. Sigma is great if you the money to get a nice set because most of their brushes are great and Real Technique is great just to add to you collection since they don't have a huge variety  of brush but they are good. 

Mac is great if there is a type of brush that you really like and use alot then you want to buy a nice high end (like mac) version of it that will last you a long time. 

Crown Brush is also a wonderful cheap brand that makes great brushes. I wouldn't suggest getting a set or kit from them because not all the brushes might be great. They're better for picking out single brushes that you would like to try but just remember about shipping ^_^

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 15 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • connieconcon
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • sephoralovex
    • poemelyric