beautylovingirl

FAVORITE FOUNDATION FOR YOUR SKIN TYPE

Hey girls,

I know that everyone has so much trouble at finding their HG foundation. I thought it might be fun for everyone to list only their number one true love foundation and also list your skin type so that it might help others:

Mine is MAC Studiofix Powder Foundation- I have oily skin.

SportyGirly125

Re: FAVORITE FOUNDATION FOR YOUR SKIN TYPE

I have combination skin (dry with an oily t zone) and I love Urban Decay's naked foundation and MUFE's HD foundation

viviene23

[ Edited ]

I dont have one true love because I rotate about 5 foundations/tinted moisturizer. I have combination, light-medium skin, neutral undertone suits me best and I usually prefer light or medium coverage at the most...not a fan of full coverage foundations. So here goes

*Jouer luminizing  moisture tint (golden) - light coverage, dewy finish

*Chanel vitalumiere aqua (br20) - light to med, natural finish

*Nars tinted moisturizer (alaska)- if i'm on the go and no time for spf application

*armani maestro fusion (#5) - light to med coverage when I  need to look more made up

or

*guerlain lingerie de peau (beige clair 02) - my special occasions foundation

lreagan

I have the epitome of combo skin - some days it's really oily and some days it's really dry.

For my oily days or days where my acne flares up, I absolutely love Kat Von D's Lock-It Tattoo Foundation.

When my skin is feeling dry, I like Urban Decay's Naked Skin because it has more of a satin finish and it's more lightweight, but I do so love the coverage the KVD one provides.

I also picked up the Revlon Color Stay Whipped because all the beauty gurus on YouTube love it and I'm actually quite impressed with it. Unfortunately the lighest shade is a tad too orange for me but it works well if I blend it down my neck.

KayyLynn

I have pretty oily very acne prone skin. At the current time I have been mixing my Liolle Triple the Solution BB Cream with my Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo Foundation, really love this combo because it doesn't cling to any dry patches like clearing acne!! I do have to blot during the day but I will deal with that for the coverage. I use both products on their own also. The foundation I was using and still alternate back to is MAC's Studi Fix Fluid, really love this foundation as well esp if I am not needing quite as much full full coverage. MAC is still really good coverage but I have to use concealer if I have an active breakout. If I could make myself live with a lesser coverage I would purchase Urban Decay Naked Skin as I really enjoyed the sample!

DesertRose0706

I have oily skin and love Estee Lauders Double Wear.  It gives great coverage and stays matte all day!

kenny

I have oily, acne-prone skin. I have a few favorites that I use for different results and looks.

-Kat Von D Lock-it Foundation, for full coverage, matte finish. I usually use it on a night out, or when I want a full face.
-Teint Miracle, medium coverage, natural, glowy finish. I love it for everyday since it gives a nice glow, while still giving enough coverage for my acne prone skin.
-Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, light-medium coverage, with a natural finish. Great for minimal makeup days, or good skin days.
-Makeup Forever Pro-finish Powder foundation. Full coverage, matte finish, great for quickie makeup and touchups throughout the day and to pair with a tinted moisturizer for added coverage. The only powder foundation I really like.

lovelyred139

My skin's in the middle of transitioning from combination to more normal/dry -- which is great for my skin -- but awful for my pocket book.  All these new formulas I have to check out!  

I've been gravitating towards illuminating light-coverage foundations lately because they seem to work better on days when my skin's on the drier side.  L'Oreal's True Match Lumi is a nice drug store option, but I really love Lancome's Teint Miracle.  I like that it actively hydrates my skin rather than just making it look hydrated.  It also doesn't turn my face uber shiny by the end of the day like a lot of illuminating products can.  I just wish Sephora carried my shade.  The last two times I was at the Lancome counter they kept trying to service my mom before they noticed I was there (for reference, my mom is a woman who's barefaced and happy that way).

babybear04

My skin is very finicky--oily, acne-prone (very prone to clogging) and sensitive to certain ingredients (talc, fragrance, silicone, isopropyl mysristate, to name a few..).  Therefore, my HG foundation is:

Cover FX Total Cover Cream Foundation

This is literally the ONLY foundation that doesn't break me out, provides me FULL coverage without caking, doesn't make me oily.  I mean, the list goes on.  Will never use another foundation for as long as this product is made!

jennypenny1995

Combo skin: Tarte's Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Foundation, YSL Touché Éclat Foundation (sampling it today!)

dottiemay1221

[ Edited ]

Hi!

I have combination/sensitive skin. 

My favorite foundation:

If I am going out- MUFE HD foundation in 117

Every day- Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Illuminating Moisturizer with bareMinerals Matte Foundation in Fair

sephoramusthave

I actually have 4 foundations that I love and that really work for me. I have normal to dry skin thats either all normal or all dry, mostly its normal. These are the ones I really like--

1. KVD Lock it Tattoo

2. Flower Beauty About Face

3. Lancome Dual Finish

4. Origins Youthopia (discontinued)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 23 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • kenny
    • sephoramusthave