Cheer14

Eyeshadow Palette Help

I am really starting to get into makeup now that I have found some awesome products that work for me. However I still kind of stink at eye makeup. I always manage to put too much on or when I am applying it falls off the brush onto my face or ends up below me eyes. I also only own four eye shadow shades a brown, a purple, a gray, and a light pink. I have been eyeing palettes lately but have no idea which colors I would wear/ look good on me so I do not know where to start. I have green eyes, light blonde hair and medium skin. Please help me with some ideas. 

clarks18

Re: Eyeshadow Palette Help

(0) Hearts

Getting into makeup for the first time is so much fun.  It can be a little overwhelming since there are so many brands and products.  I have green eyes and blonde hair also.  I love playing with colors.  Neutrals bore me but I do have plenty of neutral shadows in my collection more of the cool toned neutrals though.  I feel like the warm can make my green eyes look to muddy.  Too Faced makes great palettes they come with 6 colors and they have a great mix of mattes and shimmers.  Two palettes from them that would work great for you are the Sephora and Too Faced 15 Year palette.  It has a great selection of color and neutral with green eye flattering colors.  Too Faced Romantic is a good choice too.  The Lorac Pro would be a good starting palette however there are a lot of neutrals in there, but the purpley and reddish shades would really bring out the green.  Smashbox makes a great palette for green which is called The Hazel Collection.  It really makes green eyes pop.  You can never go wrong with MAC.  If you want something less expensive I would go with NYX.  Their shadows are very comparable to MAC.  They have a great selection of palettes as well. 

You should check out Youtube as well.  You can really learn a lot from watching other people apply makeup.  It just takes practice but you just need to find things that work for you.  Best of luck!

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

you could purchase one large makeup palette that way you have lots of colors to play with, sephora's smokey studio palette is a good one and it's only $34.00.

laurabt

Hi Cheer14, I would recommend watching some eye makeup tutorial videos on YouTube.  They walk you through the steps and show you which brushes, colors, brands, etc to use.  But for the basics, I recommend purchasing a brush set to get you started with the right tools.  Always use an eye primer before applying your eye shadow.  And a great basic palette that I love, and will take you from day to night time looks is the Stila In The Light palette.  :smileyhappy: -Laura

Stila In The Light Palette.jpghttp://bit.ly/M2PbIa

Sephora Tools Of The Trade Brush Set

Sephora Tools Of The Trade Brush Set.jpg

http://bit.ly/1a6ksDk

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Tube - Original

UD Eyeshadow Primer Potion Tube - Original.jpg

http://bit.ly/IteY8r

poshified

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

You really can't go wrong with any of the Dior palettes, especially when starting out with makeup. Their eyeshadows are slightly on the sheer (and expensive but understandably so) side but definitely buildable to a nice finish on the lids. I made the mistake of starting out with MAC eyeshadows (which are superb too), but they are super pigmented, so I always end up picking up too much product when I first got into eyeshadows. Not a pretty look, I tell ya :smileyhappy:. Also, LORAC pro is truly the only neutral eyeshadow palette you need.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • poshified
    • clarks18
    • laurabt
    • Cheer14
    • tashalicious
Photos3
  • Stila In The Light Palette.jpg
  • Sephora Tools Of The Trade Brush Set.jpg