SirenPrincess

EM Cosmetics Price Drops

(0) Hearts

I just got an e-mail that Em Cosmetics revamped all their prices and things are now significantly cheaper.  Life palettes went from $75 to $59.  Still way too much, imho.  The highlight contour stick from there that is the one thing I do like only dropped $2.  Anyway, I found this interesting because when do you EVER see companies permanently decreasing prices.  Wonder if sales haven't been so good.

DevSea

Re: EM Cosmetics Price Drops

I think that the line may be pricey, but I've purchased a few things that I've absolutely fallen in love with.

Despite the obscene price, I think the life palette is incredible if you're into the idea of a multipurpose palette. While there is the occasional fall-out dropping into the lip pans, I find that this has become one of my favorite palettes - not to mention that customizing the travel palette is quite fun.

I am quite the lover of contouring and highlighting, so when I saw the Chiaroscuro stick, I decided to try it out. If there is anything I would recommend from the brand, it's this. The highlight is a bit more like an illuminator, but it's positively brilliant. The contour is much different than using your standard dark concealer as a contour beneath your foundation, and it looks incredible.

Finally, I've also been having a bit of a love affair with the cover up concealer. I've always loved the Makeup Forever cover cream, so I thought it may be similar. It will legitimately cover anything you could think of. I've even concealed a tattoo using it, and it was completely invisible.

I think that while the brand seems a bit of a 'Buying her name' sort of thing, you can definitely find some high quality products within it. 

BlushHoarder

The em products just seem meh to me. The life palettes seem gimmicky and out of sorts.

I bought some products --- but only during the black friday and cyber monday sale when the life palettes were buy one get one free.

gkb10112

I don't see ANYTHING I would buy from EM Cosmetics.. 

It just is overpriced. I thought Michelle would sell those products for a low price

so her youtube fans could be able to afford makeup even the girls that are new to the whole 

makeup wearing thing. 

SilveryPink

(0) Hearts

Yes! My thoughts exactly. I remember when it first came out and I was shocked that a start up brand would set prices so high on a brand directed towards a group that usually buys from drugstore brands.   

Britlee303

I am not surprised at all! I really didn't see positive reviews on almost any of the products. Usually if people liked something, it seemed like they literally only liked one product and hated the rest. Oh, except for some of the people that were sent the products for free and raved about how much they loved them for a week...and then mysteriously never mentioned them again even though Em was supposedly their new favorite brand!

thesupergirl

I glad the decrease prices but it really wasn't a big difference in prices with the exception of the life palette. They aren't doing sales like they used to. 

But I must say the one that just ended I'm disappointed that I missed it 2 foundation s for $25 is not a bad deal!

bratknits

They were selling them 2 for $25?  Wow, they must be sitting on an epic amount of inventory.

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

It was by the powder @ $25 and get the matching liquid foundation free.

lauriebos

Biotherm did the same thing arround one year ago. It is a l'Oreal brand too...

annypoo

Its nice to see them make an attempt to lower prices though. And they added international shipping. 

bratknits

The thing about price drops is they're risky.  They can devalue the brand and potentially severely frost the rears of everyone who paid full price aka existing customers.  It's a desperation move.  It also shows a real lack of market knowledge since it's concrete proof that you didn't know how to set the price correctly in the first place.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

So true.  You start low and raise prices yearly like everyone else lol. Personally everything just looks cheap to me, none of the quality is there.  The life palette is still too expensive 

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

That kind of makes me want to buy a bunch of contour sticks because I do actually like those.  In fact, it's about the only contouring product that has actually worked well for me.  I would be very sad if they went out of business for those and only those.  But maybe L'oreal would incorporate the concept into their drugstore lines.

bratknits

Maybe the Dr. Pepper ads don't pay all that well.

yazmin

I saw the commercial, and reading this made my day :smileyhappy:

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

This is now my smile of the day.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 26 hearts