lecia1167

Drugstore products that are as good/better than high-end brands

I thought it would be fun to post our drugstore finds that are as good or better than the high-end stuff. Most of my makeup is high-end and NARS is one of my favorite brands. But there are two products that I think beat their high-end competition:

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream. I cannot love this product more! Beautiful colors and so pigmented. And for $6, it's a steal.

Maybelline Dream Finish BB Cream. A little goes a long way with this product. I also have the Smashbox BB cream, and the Maybelline goes on better and doesn't look cakey and doesn't dry out my skin. Love it! And it's only $8.

14582934.jpg

2291951.JPG

WhereYouStand

Re: Drugstore products that are as good/better than high-end brands

300.JPG

• wet n wild Fergie  center state rose champagne glow
  • NYX Green Tea blotting papers

vegchililover78

I really love E.L.F lip exfoliator. It tastes like brown sugar and leaves my lips feeling amazing. I've been using NYX Wonder Pencil for about a month and really like it as well. It's so multipurpose!

ShannonAlexis

I love it too! I considered buying a Lush lip scrub, but why bother when we have the super cheap super sweet Elf stick??

vegchililover78

Agreed! I bought e.l.f. lip primer/plumping duo yesterday. Looking forward to using it. I'm very impressed with the brand and it's so affordable. 

blackunicorn

I'm in love with the Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous foundation!

andyhtrieu

I love the Wet n Wild Color Icon Bronzer in Reserve Your Cabana. It's my favorite highlighter and it's only $4! I bought it during spring, used it everyday, and I barely made a dent in it!

dianabt

Wet and Wild liquid liner... but back when it was $1.99 not $4 like it is now and in a bad formula :smileysad: 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
etscore1

Only recently pulled the trigger on a couple of the Maybelline 24-hour Color Tattoo shadows and haven't used anything else since! 

Super easy, blends nicely, one-step finished look. A+ would buy again.

I'm definitely going to have to check out these NYX lip creams though. Definitely resounding reviews in here thus far!

jemly

(0) Hearts

are you talking about the maybelline color tattoo in the cream or powder form (it comes in both, now, right ?)

when the creams first launched i got it in a beautiful burgundy but it was soooo dry. i maybe tried to use it twice before i had to give up on it, i was so disappointed. was it just a fluke ?!

etscore1

(0) Hearts

Yes, they have both. I bought the creams - Bad to the Bronze and I believe, Barely Branded - both metallic neutrals.

I haven't really experienced any dryness issues with the two shades I bought, but I do think they walk a very fine line. They're both pretty sticky - which is great so they stay in place and don't go wandering where I never intended them to be. But that does take away from a rich, smooth consistency, so I can understand where you're coming from. 

From the other reviews I've seen, the shades are inconsistent with the brighter colors being more patchy and inconsistent. 

annypoo

I love L'oreal infalliable shadows. They have a great range of colors and I love the soft texture of it. I also love Wet n Wild's nutmeg shadow. for $1 it's quality is way better than some mid/high end makeup shadows I have tried. ELF studio blushes are my fav from their line. I think it works just as well as NARS and their color range fits me well. They do have less options in terms of colors than NARS but I don't mind. 

BuxomBabe80

Totally agree about Infallible eye shadows!! They are super buttery and pigmented. I love them!

ChelseaMS

I was always a huge fan of L'Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara. It is still one of the best I have ever used. They only reason I stopped using it is I have switched to only cruelty free brands now so L'Oreal doesn't make the cut. I was definitely sad to have to cut it out, however.

jemly

NYX soft matte lip cream is, hands-down, my favorite !!! low-end, high-end, it's my favorite. 

blackunicorn

(0) Hearts

Really?? I love the finish and the colors, but I can't get over the play-doh smell!

weeeeweeeeeee

(0) Hearts

Agreed. The smell was so disgusting..

jemly

(0) Hearts

it's a vanilla smell that admittedly kind of reminds me of the lipsmakers i wore in middle school. but i personally don't get play-doh smell from it ! and it doesn't linger after its applied / dried. 

malday

(0) Hearts

Yes! I completely agree with this.

IciclePop

(0) Hearts

I'm a big fan of Maybelline's Dream Smooth Mousse Foundation and Physician's Formula's Super BB Cream.  Also, Revlon ColorStay Lip Color has the best staying power out of any brand I've tried.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 18 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • malday
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • dianabt
    • WhereYouStand
    • lecia1167
    • annypoo
    • BuxomBabe80
    • blackunicorn
    • ChelseaMS
    • andyhtrieu
    • etscore1
    • jemly
    • IciclePop
    • ShannonAlexis
    • vegchililover78
Photos4
  • 14582934.jpg
  • 2291951.JPG
  • Wet n Wild Fergie Centerstage Shimmer Palette in Rose Champagne Glow Review (1).jpg
  • 300.JPG