maddierose30

Drugstore Must-Haves!

(0) Hearts

I am going drugstore makeup shopping soon and was wondering what eyeshadows/mascaras/eyeliner/face makeup are your recent must haves from the drugstore!

sundaespal

Re: Drugstore Must-Haves!

(0) Hearts

It's not makeup, but I have to throw in a shout out for the Neutragena Norwegian hand and foot creams. Amazing for the price.

For makeup, I like drug store lip glosses. I don't think it's a product that gets better high end.

Wet and Wild makes some great lip products for $1. Their glosses are surprisingly pigmented. One of my favorite lipsticks is from them and it was free with a coupon. They run coupons all the time, so look out for them.

Covergirl Cheekers blush does not break me out like most blushes the world over do. I love the color Cinnamon Toast and think it would look great on almost anyone.

mpolansky

(0) Hearts

Alright guys digging this back up - I have a major itch to buy makeup so I'm thinking of heading to my local drugstore. Any new stuff I should look for? (No mascaras or foundations please!)

BuxomBabe80

Have you tried the Maybelline Color Elixir glosses? What about the NYX Butter Glosses or Macaron Lip Sticks?

mpolansky

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

You have good taste :smileyhappy: I have 6 NYX Butter glosses, and only really want the Lavender Macaroon Lipstick but it's no where to be found :/

I also have a Maybelline Elixir and love the formula but something about the smell is way too sweet for me...I never pull it out to wear.

mafan

(0) Hearts

I'm definitely loving the Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadows. I just picked up a couple more today! 

I would like to check out the Wet and Wild shadows but I haven't seen them in CVS near me. 

kenny

What shades of the color tattoos have you liked?

I got a couple, but the only one that seems to apply smoothly and with great pigmentation was Bad to the Bronze. The others (the bolder colors) seem patchy and sheer out too easily

BuxomBabe80

(0) Hearts

I like Bad to the Bronze a lot too. I use Barely Branded as a base for my eye shadows. And I really like Tough as Taupe and Audacious Asphalt. I have several of the bolder colors but haven't even opened them yet. I hope they work better for me.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Most definitely the Milani color statement lipsticks.     I just got the Sonia kashuk eye on neutrals matte palette but that's only from target. 

BuxomBabe80

(0) Hearts

I love the Milani lip sticks! I just picked up a couple recently. I think Flamingo Pink or something like that and Rose Hip.

marinaanne147

Love this thread! To be completely honest, I'm not really a drugstore makeup person. I was always taught that more expensive = better quality. I've learned that that isn't true for everything and there are a few drugstore makeup products I really love. However, I'm still more of a high-end makeup lover.

Some of my drugstore favorites:

Maybelline Full N' Soft Mascara - If you like a more natural mascara look, then this is for you! I use this everday except for when I want more drama- then I use Benefit They're Real.

Maybelline Color Tattoos - Bad to the Bronze is amazing as a smooth one shadow look or a base for a bronze look. The formula for these is excellent- long-lasting and pigmented. I also have the gold one but it's a little chunkier because of the sparkle.

Maybelline Dream-Lumi Touch Conclear - Similar in style to the YSL Touche Éclat, this concealer is excellent. It has plenty of pigment to cover under-eye bags and dark circles and is also great at brightening. 

Wet N' Wild Powder E/S- Great pigmentation, lasting powder, and color range. These have everything I look for in an eyeshadow. The Comfort Zone palette is a must-have.

Revlon Lip Butters- Hydrating, Pigmented, Smooth, and overall gorgeous. My favorite is Berry Smoothie - a midtone pink. These are great lipcolors - a nice hybrid between lip balm and lipstick.

voxover

(0) Hearts

Elf everything for eyes. Their prices couldn't be more fantastic! :smileyhappy:

Physicians Formula foundation and concealers are great and don't break me out. Only issue is their included brushes are rough.

ayen85

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

❤Eyeshadows-my favorite maybelline color tattoos,wet and wild  e/s!

❤concealer -rimmel perfection.i find that this one's a drugstore dupe for my beloved ysl touche eclat. The colors tend to be a little on the darker side though so make sure to pick up fair/light or the lightest shade.vy affordable too! Huge plus!

- sonia kashuk hidden agenda concealer. They finally released another shade,i couldnt be more thrilled!

❤mascara- covergirl lashblast waterproof.my HG drugstore mascara.the one in the orange tube! Doesnt flake,and never smudges!

❤eyeliner- nyc liquid eyeliner-this one is the cheapest in my makeup collection,less than $4 i guess? For someone who likes to collect highend amazingly this one is my favorite eyeliner! Its vy black,and doesnt smudge,take it from someone who tried a lot of eyeliners this one never smudges on me. its not waterproof though.i have tried the milani and it wasnt my favorite.not as great as the nyc.the brush is a bit flimsy but with practice i finally got it right! Lol

❤lipcolor- revlon just bitten lipbalms! my favorite would have to be lovesick,adore,cherish,honey and sweetheart!

❤ Foundation- revlon colorstay for dry/combination skin,more blendable than the other one.

sorry i dont have know any drugstore blushes,havent tried one yet but i hope this helps!

kenny

Here are a few of my recent favorites:

Revlon Colorstay Foundation- This is the only drugstore foundation I've really liked

Wet'n'Wild Eyeshadows-  For the most part these a very pigmented, smooth and easy to work with.

Revlon Lipsticks and Lip Butters- Great pigmentation, nice and creamy

Wet'n'Wild Blushes- Very pigmented and very blendable

Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks- although they don't have the best texture, they have some really amazing shades.

Hard Candy Glamoglauge Concealer- full coverage and easy to work with, although shades run a little light.

Daniela1387

(0) Hearts

Revlon lip butters are awesome!!! They are smooth, creamy and moisturizing. I have about 8 of them I'm so addicted =0). I also like the wet n wild eyeshadow palettes.

islandqt

(0) Hearts

The new/reformulated Milani lipsticks

Revlon Colorstay whipped foundation (best applied with fingers)

L'oreal infallible eyeshadows (especially the new shades)

Rimmel Scandaleyes in Nude ( so few drugstore brands do this option for the waterline and white is too harsh for darker skin)

My old faithful drugstore mascara is the L'oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black ( I know, I'm so boring BUT I have been using it for years and apparently so does Kim K.)

Oh! and Maybelline Baby Lips AND the new Burts Bees tinted lip balms

islandqt

(0) Hearts

The new/reformulated Milani lipsticks

Revlon Colorstay whipped foundation (best applied with fingers)

L'oreal infallible eyeshadows (especially the new shades)

Rimmel Scandaleyes in Nude ( so few drugstore brands do this option for the waterline and white is too harsh for darker skin)

My old faithful drugstore mascara is the L'oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black ( I know, I'm so boring BUT I have been using it for years and apparently so does Kim K.)

ritams

(0) Hearts

Covergirl mascara (orange one, don't remember the name)

and then maybelline illegal lengths mascara to add to the tips.  You'll get think/long lashes.  If yours don't hold a curl, like mine, get the waterproof versions

sephoralovex

(0) Hearts

Wet N Wild Eyeshadow Palettes

Wet N Wild Blushes

Revlon Photo Ready Foundation

ELF Peachy Keen (target)

Milani Blush Corallina

NYC Sunny Bronzer

mafan

(0) Hearts

Someone mentioned Maybelline Color Tattoo eyeshadows when I was looking for waterproof makeup and I do like them. The shimmer isn't in your face and just washing them off of my fingers is a struggle so I'm interested to see how they really do when wet. I also like the L'Oreal Infallible shadow pots. They are powdery/creamy. Different and have more shimmer, but nice and blend a bit easier. They are supposed to be waterproof but I'm not as certain. Maybe a report after this weekend. I LOVE the L'Oreal Infallible lipstick or lip color that is 24hr and comes in a two part compact. The stain has a lipgloss type applicator and goes on fairly easily. The sealer is like a colorless lip balm. It really stays on all day and you need makeup remover for waterproof makeup to get it off. A pain to color match (I found teaberry to be a nice not shocking color for me) but great for days when you want color and you're bad like me about remembering to reapply. 

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Oh Maybelline Color Tattoo have hardcore staying power. In fact, I still can't completely get it out of my white synthetic brush after half dozen wash. =/. But I like the color (orange one) enough to overlook it.

roxystar4

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I am really enjoying (i copied and pasted most of this from what I wrote in an older post from last week) http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/Let-s-shake-it-up-in-here-We-all-love-luxury-brands-but-wha...

Eyes:
☆ Elf brow kit in medium
☆ Maybelline Lash discovery mini brush water proof mascara (for lashes under my eyes- tiny brush and since it is waterproof no smudging)
☆ Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips eyeliners (NOT the khol liner)
☆ Wet and Wild Color Icon Trios and 8 pan palettes (comfort zone)
☆ Rimmel Scandal Eyes in Nude (for inner rim)

Some people rave about Jordana Fabuliner but this didnt work for me- it smudged all over my eyes while my Lorac & sephora brands stay put for longer.

Blush/Bronzers-
☆ Elf blush in candid coral
☆ Elf small stippling brush- LOVE THIS!
☆ NYC bronzer in Sunny
☆ Wet & Wild "bronzer" in Reserve Your Cabana (this is so light on me I sometimes use it to set my foundation!)

Foundations-
☆ Revlon Nearly Naked Liquid Foundation
☆ Elf Studio HD finishing powder

Under eye Concealers-
☆ Maybelline Dream Lumi concealer in radiant
☆ Garnier Anti-dark-circle roller - sheer tint

Spot/Blemish Concealer-
☆Physicians Formula Concealer RX
☆ Hard Candy Glamoflauge - these run really light. I am a Light Medium in this

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats