cendrogirl

Does any one know why my Nars blush is getting bumpy?

[ Edited ]

I can"t figure out why my blush has bumps all over it. Does anyone else have this problem? Or know why it's happening?

lylysa

Re: Does any one know why my Nars blush is getting bumpy?

(0) Hearts

The change in texture from bumps to a hardened layer on powders can occur for various reasons, Kalex asked about this not long ago and Diana, Beautylovingirl, Sephoramusthave, and myself weighed in:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Face/Hard-layer-on-powder-blushes-and-bronzers/m-p/474171/highlight/...

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

My NARS orgasm has the same problem. I deep clean my brushes weekly, and spot clean after every use. I think it's a NARS thing, I don't have that issue with any other product. 

mkupgk

(0) Hearts

I think it's due to dirt and oil in the brushes.  

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

Well I'm actually pretty obsessed with cleaning my brushes. I clean the after every use, and I deep shampoo them once a week...

yet my albatross is getting bumpy and rough...

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@cendrogirl- Well no if you wash your brushes out then it's not that. Is there another product that you use before your blush that might be leaving something on your brush that is getting mixed into your blush? I'm not sure I'm just trying to think of anything that it could be.

makeupmaven

(0) Hearts

I've noticed this more w/ shimmer products, if this is correct for your blush (Nars Orgasm for example) it could just be the brush wearing down differently on different ingredients. If you posted a pic I could confirm if it's the same (normal) occurrence.

If you haven't had the blush that long and it's still applying well, it's probably fine!

melissabt

I'm not sure why this sometimes happens with some powder products. I take a tissue and swipe the top of it every few weeks or so, to keep the product looking fresh.

<3 Melissa
beautylovingirl

It could possibly be the oils from your brush that your applying it with. Try washing your brushes out and see if that helps.

cendrogirl

I thought maybe the same thing, but I wash my brushes at least once a week, and always between colors. I was wondering if it was a deficit or something.

connieconcon

(0) Hearts

I don't see the same problem with other brands though, so I don't think it's the brushes..

MintShake

(0) Hearts

Maybe since it's powder, it can get chalky? 

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

My nars albatross highlighter is doing the same thing....Its really annoying

connieconcon

(0) Hearts

I have this problem with my Laura Mercier blush.  I always assumed it was the way it was pressed.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • connieconcon
    • DTalksAll
    • melissabt
    • lylysa
    • cendrogirl