Does Marc Jacobs ACTUALLY work on his products?

[ Edited ]

Sephora posted a few videos and he seems to talk more about the packaging than the product itself.

He seems kinda clueless about his stuff in fact. Or in my opinion he does.

Does he actually know about the actual makeup or just the packaging?

If just feels awkward watching him and it seems like hes trying to figure out what to say about the product. 

What do yall think?

Re: Does Marc Jacobs ACTUALLY work on his products?

I am glad that they were only 30 seconds long.

It appears as if somebody just handed him the products and he's improvising as he tries to figure out what to say about this thing he's never seen before.

I like how he describes the Smart Wand as, "feeling wonderful in your hand" and a "very sensually designed package."

That's good to know; I always look for sensuality in my makeup.

Thanks for posting this.

Even though I have been lusting after the Siren palette, seeing these videos make me think more than twice about buying it.

Im still kinda curious how you use the Smart Wand. 
At least I know it has coconut and cucumber in it! :smileyvery-happy:

oh and its in a pretty packaging :smileytongue:

(0) Hearts

It is deodorant for face. Open, twist a few clicks and roll on face. :smileytongue:

Blending is optional. But suggested.

(0) Hearts

Haha omg your comment made me laugh!

He probably had more (or at least some) input on the packaging rather than the products. He must have outsourced the work and didn't do his homework lol. I haven't been bitten by the MJ beauty bug yet but not saying I never wont be either.

I do hope as a businessman he makes an effort to understand his products so he can stand boldly behind them. It will help him maintain integrity on ingredients and quality as vendors will try to cut corners on him in the future. If he's still this clueless after some time I won't even bother because the name won't mean anything except style. I'll go for his handbags anyway but Beauty products for my skin? I'll stick to the experts and those that are committed to the integrity of their product.

thanks for sharing the video!

Isn't the MJ line made by Sephora, but given his brand name, just like KVD? In that case, I'm sure he has creative input on packaging, shades chosen, etc., but little actual expertise when it comes to using the products. At least KVD seems to take a sincere interest in the performance of the products that come out of her line for Sephora.

(0) Hearts

I quite like KVD's videos about her makeup. She seems to be very knowledgeable about her products and the demo videos she does I quite like. 

his bags, shoes, clothes, and jewelries are just for the "outside looks" not their function.. so it does make sense but I would think he did some studies, learn a few things and know about his products a little better since his name is on the packaging 

Did I just watch him fondle his products for 30 seconds? LOL

I mean, IT'S MARC JACOBS. 

I would pay good money to see a handsome man fondle makeup.

call me skeptical, but this is one of those brands that to me, anyway, seems like you are paying for the name and prestige...sorry, I know this is not going to be a popular response! And I am not saying I wont ever buy some, but it does seem like His name as a designer and the packaging is what we are paying for. I love the perfumes, though--again, awesome packaging, and I am a sucker for a gorgeous perfume bottle!!!

you're not skeptical, you're right.

i'll still pay for my mj highliner though. it doesn't budge.

the thing i was interested in when MJ line was released was the color range, expecting it to be particularly relevant and fresh. but i didn't find anything special in that regard.

no im feeling the same way too. 

yes i agree his packaging is amazing but all in all we are paying for the name. 

I think the same you stated, I was expecting to see some makeup applied on a person.. I even expected him to open the product and show us a swatch or something.. how hard is it to remove after you're done shooting.. 30 seconds is just.. a slap in the face. :\ 

I was curious about the smart wand but all he was talking about was the packaging and coconut. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • nbclogo2.gif