IAmLadyLiterary

Do you wear more makeup or less in the summer?

I am just curious if you lovely ladies and gents wear more makeup in the summer or less.  I have found myself just doing brows and mascara lately, and maybe a little tinted moisturizer or blush.  

I have just found it to be way to hot to wear full foundation and I don't like doing full shadow unless I am wearing foundation.  

How about all you BTers?

ballerinagrl

Re: Do you wear more makeup or less in the summer?

(0) Hearts

I've gotten to the age where I need pretty decent coverage all year round. This fact saddens me, so I am kidding myself I can deal with less, and using EL Double Wear Foundation only on my nose and upper cheeks right now, with EL Double Wear BB cream everywhere else. Of course some of my sun-related pigmentation shows, and I kid myself my Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow blurs it somewhat .... (sighs despondently).

Sn4rky

(0) Hearts

Definitely less in the summer!  Once my freckles come out, I let them act as makeup.  For a normal day I'll usually put on mascara, a little blush, and lip balm.  If I wear more makeup, I keep it very natural

Savvys

(0) Hearts

I wear the same amount of makeup all year for the most part. In the summer I will wear a lighter coverage foundation or a bb cream/ tinted moisturizer though. I just feel more comfortable wearing a full face of makeup rather than only wearing mascara 

beauty4ashes

(0) Hearts

I need a full coverage foundation year round, so the only change are the colors I use.

heartsmyface

Hmmmm, it depends on the day.  I think I wear near the same amount but lighter formulas and more cheery lighter or more natural colours.  

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

I'm quite the opposite of most of you haha. I have to wear something that has good coverage and lasts on my oily skin. I only wear the Estee Lauder Double Wear when I want to look good and flawless to make other people jealous of my complexion, but on lazy days where I don't really care, I wear my Revlon Colorstay Whipped. 

lovelykatya

It depends.. During the summer I typically wear less makeup over all - just because I go to the pool, spend time outside - and I would rather just let my skin breath.. But if I have an even to go to or something special or just because I feel like it - of course I go all the way!!!

Even lately I noticed I been wearing less makeup to work.. But again it all depends on how much time I have to get ready and what I feel like.

But most of the time even if I do not wear as much makeup I get my eyebrows done, concealer, and mascara!

gogreyhound

i wear less...not only am I not working as much, but with heat and humidity, no matter what I put on my  face it turns into an oily mess. I even noticed the other day that my newer Lancome brow powder pencil is not working well for me now. By mid-day it  had darkened and gotten spotty in my brows, it looked awful! Once I brushed it all through again it was better, but then half the color was gone. I am waiting for the IT cosmetics 5-in-1 powder fell pencil to come back in stock in my color with QVC...they have a two-pack for about 5 dollars more than the cost of just one...so I am hoarding the last 2 inches of the one I still have and using up my lancome as a backup...

mrsbaine

About the same on a daily basis, but if I know I'll be outside a lot, considerably less, and mostly cream products. I'm in a pretty controlled environment for work, do I go from garage at home to garage at work. Not too bad. But for days out, it's usually a light foundation, eyes, blush and lipgloss.

HarlemJPN

Definitely less, too. Much the same as friedrice below, I used a tinted moisturizer with SPF in the AM (Dr Denese's Day Defense cream -- amazing!). I always (even when I had pneumonia) do my brows. I will use a lippie with SPF and mascara. If I have some significant event, I might add Celebration foundation powder from IT Cosmetics.

it is too hot with makeup. In NYC, waiting on a subway platform in huge summer is a recipe for melted face! 

friedrice

I wear less make up in the Summer. I find it too heavy to put too much make up on my face. I feel like my face would melt. lol

I use tinted moisturizer, fill in brows, little blush, and just lip gloss. Sometimes I would skip mascara and eyeliner. 

and also because I am mostly outside by the beach, so yeah..less makeup for me :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • lovelykatya
    • friedrice
    • mrsbaine
    • beauty4ashes
    • IAmLadyLiterary
    • gogreyhound