Do you toss products or try to make it work? which ones?

ChicDabbler

Do you toss products or try to make it work? which ones?

[ Edited ]

You know those products that you brought years ago but only used once or twice? What do you do with them? I can repurpose skincare and give away unopened items, but I have this brown Benefit lipstick from the first time I got a makeover that I got talked into buying (I'm convinced this is what made me the beauty skeptic I am today). It's seriously brown, like, taupe. Does anyone wear brown lipstick? o.O I feel like maybe I can mix with other lipsticks and make it work, but does anyone have experience mixing lipsticks? or should I just toss it?

I have never tossed a make up item, but I've no idea how to make this brown lipstick work (and I have another EL brownish berry one). It's such a shame to toss but it's just a waste of space. Have you ever tossed make up items? what do you usually toss? Any super horrible ones?

ChicDabbler

Re: Do you toss products or try to make it work? which ones?

But how do you use up a brown lipstick? o.O

drrragon

[ Edited ]

I've been tossing stuff all month.  I tossed out a few lip glosses that just didn't work for me (dried out my lips pretty badly), an old bottle of foundation that smelled funny, a mascara that flaked excessively.  

For lipsticks though, you could easily mix them by slicing off the tops of a couple, and heat them gently in an empty pan.  Once they cool off they'll be solid again, but you'll have to use a brush or your finger to apply.  Try mixing your browns with a ligher pinky-red or something.  You could even create your own custom lip palette this way.

Sephora used to have a cool lip palette kit to help you melt down lipsticks and store them in a palette, but i guess it's discontinued.  you could google for "diy lip palette" or look for the Japonesque one.

triciaann12

[ Edited ]

--

violalea

your funny :smileyhappy: that could be count as cooking :smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 51 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • lowrah
    • caligirl2011
    • drrragon
    • triciaann12