MintShake

Do you like a matte finish on your Foundation?

Personally, I like matte foundations, and I'm not sure why. I guess because it has a more "flawless" look to it. What is your opinion? 

melissabt

Re: Do you like a matte finish on your Foundation?

(0) Hearts

I like more of a dewy finish! I do like having a matte t-zone:smileyhappy: and I just mattify it with a blotting powder.

<3 Melissa
jennypenny1995

Matte all the way!! Combo/oily skin looks horrific with shimmer or shine added to it.  Yuck!

poemelyric

I choose matte because my skin is so oily.  It's too hard to keep up with the shine when I don't keep it in check.  A matte look is easier for me to maintain throughout the day.

carrierose

matte because I have oily skin...dewy would just make me look like an oil slick within hours!

aviscardi

totally matte, i don't even wear highlighter much. i prefer matte blushes but will break out my shimmer ones for spring and summer as long as there is no sparkle.

prettyinpa

Hmm, matte finish seems to be winning.....

drrragon

(0) Hearts

when my skin was suuuuuper dry, i always wanted a dewy finish.  now that it's mysteriously oily i'd rather be matte!

sephoralovex

I also prefer matte. It just looks flawless and if i wanted glow or shimmer i could use blush/bronzer for that.

Manda

I prefer the dewy look.  I was never a matte fan and found that it made my skin dull and lifeless looking.

beautylovingirl

I prefer matte if I need a little extra radiance here or there I can easily do that with my Dior Shimmer powder.

prettyinpa

I like a dewy finish, personally. As my skin ages, it looks too flat and dull if it's matte and the wrinkles seem to show more. A more dewy finish makes my skin look younger, but if you don't have fine wrinkles, I'd say rock whatever finish you like!

sephoramusthave

I love a matte finish! I either wear a powder foundation or a liquid foundation and set it with a setting powder. I find that my makeup lasts all day when I do that, and it makes it easier to use powder makeup on top of a matte finish (blush, bronzer, highlighter) than an oily finish. Summer time I don't bother powdering, I live in Texas where its summer almost all year long and summers mean triple digits so I just slap on some sunscreen and a TM and I'm all set.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 22 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • sephoramusthave
    • sephoralovex
    • poemelyric
    • carrierose
    • Manda