SydBristow

Do you have a Makeup Museum?

Ok so maybe people know I'm a bit of a makeup hoarder. :smileyhappy: I have my active makeup, stuff I use, at my vanity. Then I have a box of backups but there is also a bit of a Makeup Museum there too. Gorgeous items that are brand new, pristine condition, that I haven't decided yet if I will use them or just open them once in a while to look at them. :smileyhappy:

In addition, I have a box where I put my potential gifts stash, items for trade and/or TSBs. 

Please tell me I am not alone here! :smileyhappy: Well, I know there is already someone else who does this because we talked about it earlier. :smileywink:

How do you separate your makeup? Or do you? Is everything just in an active stash, or do you have some special items set aside?

Plantgarden

Re: Do you have a Makeup Museum?

[ Edited ]

I'm sure I have no knowledge, of that you speak of. :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

poemelyric

(0) Hearts

LOL!  I feel your pain!  I keep everything in their original boxes and I still have stuff that I haven't even used because the designs on the make up are so beautiful (I'm talking to you Burberry!).  I just like to use the excuse that by leaving the items in the box, I can locate what I'm looking for faster.  But i'm purchasing my 5th traincase so we'll see how long my hoarding continues!

SydBristow

Whew!  I feel so much better knowing I am not alone!  :smileyhappy: 

I do save some boxes, but not others.  I am trying to be so much better about limiting my additions to the collection, but it's so hard!  :smileyhappy:

1SultrySCENTNut

I have that problem with different colored Rubbermaid lidded Bin's, all color coded by what type of product they hold for my extras and my make up,products, and perfumes that are waiting to be rotated back into stock ( my caboodles are my cases with my currently being used products )I have many people say I am "**bleep**" about how I keep, organize and store my make up, products, and perfumes.I only use the exact same size Rubbermaid lidded boxes that light can not penetrate in various codes of color that only I know my system.To me my system is easy to understand, but to others they just shake their head and ask why I don't store things on the vanity in my room.I try to keep everything, even all packaged products out of sunlight while they are being stored. I use the one side of our master bedrooms walk through closets for Make up and all the other numerous item boxes.

Things get rotated to a large box for replacing or changing a product out of the Caboodles I am currently using.

Sorry if it does sound confusing, it makes perfect sense to me and I am positive you would understand my system if you saw one like it in person.

JayReed

I am that way with Lipsticks..I keep all the boxes and hardly touch them. I just have so many...like Marc Jacobs, YSL, Chanel, Milani, MAC, Urban Decay, Too Faced... 

And I am a box hoarder :smileysad:

As far as stashes, oh geez, I have foil samples galore and mini's- lots and lots of mini's. 

rikkie

Oh gosh, I have two entire shelves of a bookshelf full of mini perfumes (and more yet to put out for display! eek!) and an entire 8 drawer dresser for my stash, so a drawer each of skincare, eyeshadows/liners/mascara, blushes/highlighters/meteorites, lipsticks, nail polishes, foil samples, rollerballs/perfume samples, hair products, and things i just can't bring myself to use. I just brought four extra boxes of stuff over to the dining room table to decide about starting a new TSB. O_O

shadetertiary

My husband told me today I should open a store out of my closet for all the unused things I'm storing for trade/later use, if that gives you any idea ;-)

kssweetheart

Do the words "Fort Knox" mean anything to you? :smileytongue:

You're not alone, I also have tons of boxes, just like you do.

Missie772

I have several places. I have an "On the Go" makeup bag where if I need to go somewhere and can put makeup on in the car, I will grab that bag. It has sample sizes of just about everything I need to do a full face of makeup. Then I have my vanity where I store my "active" makeup stash. I also have a Pier One Hayworth Lingerie Chest where I store jewelry in the first two drawers, mini perfumes on the top, and the rest of the drawers are back ups and the pretties that I can't bring myself to use (the horror!). I also have some skincare backup in the linen closet and a box for TSB/trades/gift stash as well. I am addicted...

notcreative

I have a ton of new things I have never used, and I keep buying more.  This is normal, right?

mrsbaine

Completely normal! You're fine! 

notcreative

Thank goodness.  Whew!

mrsbaine

You're not alone. :smileyhappy: 

i have "active" which is set up in the vanity, "semi active": things I've used, or swatched maybe once or twice that I'm not sure about. Those things are typically mixed in with Active. Then I have "the stash" which are all things I will use but are extras. They are separated by type (face, eyes, lips, skincare) in plastic containers. There is the samples containers with all the samples, and then the TSB box for when those come around. Our love of makeup requires organization. :smileywink: 

YouAreAlways

Pictures??

dpp4v

You are not alone! 

I don't have enough things in each category of makeup for a museum, but I do have enough lippies for that.  I keep my "everyday" lippies within easy reach and then I keep the bolder colors and higher end lippies (ysl, givenchy, dior) in a box that I can get to when I want to.  

I also do that with skincare and fragrances.  I try to only open 1-2 skincare items in each category at once and the others are in a box.  With fragrances, I've read that you should keep the bottles out of direct light to preserve the fragrance for longer so I keep 2 out and put the rest in a box that I can access when I want a change.  

I do the same thing as you do with items you set aside for potential gifts or trades.  

emmy89

When I used to live in Brazil and I was a beauty blogger I had a huge make up collection (not high end items though because they are not affordable at all back there). My bedroom had a full size mirror at the door and behind the door a custom made corner shelf that starter on the floor and went up to the ceiling. The space between the shelves was the height of a CD case. in one side I had my nail polish collection displayed (I had about 300 nail polishes).  on the other size closer to the mirror I had all my palettes and foundations and every product displayed and easy access so I could use. My brushes, were in my closet (my closet was attached to the shelves) to be protected by dust, and there I had a big metal makeup case holding the special products, and another one holding my samples.

Now that I live in Canada I have pretty much no products because I just started to buy everything in the beginning of April. I also live with my boyfriend, so I don't have as much space to store my make up. For now they stay on top of my dresser. And I store all the extra, possible gifts/trades and samples in a lancome bag. Unfortunately my office functions as a guest room so I can't have my make up sanctuary. I'll soon have to find a way to store everything, but I have no idea how!

rjamlt

You are not alone! Mine is more of a mental museum rather than a separate box due to space issues, but it's definitely there!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 50 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • poemelyric
    • kssweetheart
    • mrsbaine
    • rikkie
    • Missie772
    • dpp4v