MintShake

Do you ever...

Make lists about what makeup you've tried/ or want to buy? I love keeping track of makeup I want to try, or have tried, so I can buy later. Hello-Kitty-Wallpaper-hello-kitty-8256538-1024-768.jpg

btmod2

Re: Do you ever...

(0) Hearts

Hi MintShake,

I don't really keep a list of products I have tried, but I have a huge list of makeup I want to try! My Sephora Loves list is overwhelming :smileywink:.

Best,

Randee

nikki

(0) Hearts

I have a favorites list here, at Ulta and at Nordies, as well as bookmarks for random beauty items. 

kraezilyunique

(0) Hearts

Yeah, I have a beauty wish list on Word and on my phone :smileyhappy:

ProperIntro

(0) Hearts

Yes, it's too long that i don't even need to list each product, I just go by collection or line haha like I would love to own all of the Dior addict lippies and UD eyeshadows 

I type my lists or pin or love/like it to keep it simple for me! =] 

I love that HK image~it's so adorable ^_^

MikuNerd65

(0) Hearts

Yes! I have a word document on my flash drive of all the cosmetics I want to have one day...it's a pretty long list

kristallovesdogs

I'm always tearing pages out of magazines that end up stacked all over the house until I get fed up with them and throw them all out in one fell swoop.  As a result, I always forget new makeup ideas, unless I've added them to my wish list on the Sephora page. 

JenBlush

I have a little notebook with things i want to buy, but when i get to sephora, i never want to buy whats on the motebook and i just end up buying a bunch of other things. So my list never gets shorter! Lol

danimazz

(0) Hearts

I just started a Pintrest board for this today! Plus I use my Sephora Loves list and my notepad on my iPhone....

rockinlaudy

(0) Hearts

I do keep track!  As I watch videos of my favorite gurus on YouTube, I keep a running list of products they use or mention they like.  I also utilize "My Favorites" at Ulta to keep track of things I would like to purchase, whether I end up buying them there or not.  I like to get a list together of things I would like to buy and then I try to wait until I can purchase on sale.  

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I always do actually!

I use "sticky notes" in the accessory folder on the computer..

I use the  "loves" for sephora, but I use that sticky note for makeup brushes I want to buy, and any Korean products I want to try so that I can send the list away with my parents if either of them are going to Korea for a visit 

knuevekm

I definitely make lists! I make lists when I am reading BT and a user mentions a product they love. Later I research the products and cut down the list then I add the keepers to my loves list on Sephora. Before every trip to the store I go through my loves list and make yet another list of what products I want to buy and what products I want samples of. :smileyvery-happy:

nishcakes

(0) Hearts

Exactly what I do!

katie1724

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Yes! In addition to my Sephora Loves, I have a Makeup Alley wish list; since Sephora doesn't carry everything I use, my MUA list is comprehensive. When it comes to things I know I want to try immediately, I keep an email draft list. I also like having a separate list to keep track of my favorites / staples, too. :smileyhappy:

sarah468

(0) Hearts

I use the Evernote app because it sync's between my iPad and my iPhone.

DiVWA

I have a Word doc of makeup that I am currently using as well as tried and rejected. It helps me from making mistakes and is handy for reordering. I have a different Word doc for skincare that is set up the same way.

I also make and use a detailed shopping list for when I visit Nordstrom or the free-standing Sephora. It takes about 45 minutes and one bridge toll to get to these stores, so having a list ensures I get to sample and/or buy everything that I want.

glossyguru

One day a few years ago, I added every makeup item on Amazon to my wish list (don't ask me why, I don't know) and when it maxed out, I transferred it all to a spreadsheet and added even more items. I never ended up buying any of it, it was such a waste of time.

quotidianus

I have a list of wants, absolutely!  The sad-but-silvery-lining thing is that I just had to toss most of my makeup (ridiculous story) so now I get to do just that.  I have a whooooole lotta fun I'm going to buy.  A few things I'll buy now, but most I'll try to wait until Chic Week to purchase ... so if we could just skip march and go straight to April, that would be fabu!

butterblume

(0) Hearts

I love a ridiculous story. Share if you're inclined! (or ignore me if it's personal and none of my business.)

quotidianus

[ Edited ]

A woman I've been friends with for a few years (not super close, but what I would have considered friends) just kind went off.  She came over to chat since she's been going through a rough time and we were in my room ... I was in the middle of a project and for now my room is also my sewing room.  So we had some wine and snacks up there while I was working.  She complained about that, but I was working on a deadline.

She was looking through my clothes, bags, shoes ... and made a flippant comment, asking who buys all my stuff.  I do, of course, completely and proudly financially independent from age 14.  I've had my ups and downs, but I've always managed to get by.  The she asked if she could look at my makeup, I said sure ... she basically opened everything and then spilled her wine into the drawer and 'accidentally' tipped over my foundation which went over everything, and the whole thing was a mess.  And I would have let the whole thing go, but I noticed my two lipsticks were missing.

I asked her about them and she denied it, I didn't see it so I moved on to reimbursement.  She declined, saying it was an accident.  I said I agreed so she wouldn't have to replace everything in full, rather cover half the cost.  And then she called me a gold digger, I questioned her sanity and asked her to leave, but told her I'd ask her husband for her since she was clearly too embarrassed  Then she accused me of flirting with him because we talk about the EPL and she doesn't follow it or no anything at all about (not America) football.  Honestly, her husband is a saint but sooooo not even close to any type I would be interested in.

So I gave her a week.  We'll see what happens by Wednesday.  Just frustrating.  I'm only glad that the storage I have was too small ... I keep my Clarisonic, skin care, meteorites and most brushes apart.

See, ridiculous.  I'm attracting ridiculous lately.  I knew she was a little petty, but malicious?  We are waaaaay too old for that!  I'm still a little surprised.

nikki

Gurl, you need to move, there is a too high density of crazy around you right now.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 25 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • katie1724
    • nikki
    • sarah468
    • kristallovesdogs
    • ProperIntro