ChicDabbler

Do you ever get paranoid about skincare/makeup?

I hope it's not just me but,

- when I'm washing my face, unless I get that squeaky clean feeling, I'm paranoid about whether I got all the makeup/dirt/oil off....

- when I'm washing my brushes, especially the dense ones, I'm paranoid that there's still cleanser in there after 2 or 3 rinses (sometimes there are) and I end up soaking them eventho I know you are not suppose to but I don't want to buff cleanser onto my face.......

- when I realized my powder's 5+ yrs old, I'm paranoid that it will be bad for my skin and should be thrown out eventho it's half full and still works perfectly fine....

mpolansky

Re: Do you ever get paranoid about skincare/makeup?

I can relate - but only when it comes to eye products. I've had several eye problems all resulting from an eye infection that was made worse by a doctor giving me eye drops I was allergic to..... Long story short I'm careful about what I put around my eyes and careful not to keep mascaras for too long. Mini mascaras and free mascara samples have become my saving grace. I make sure to wash my brushes and clean the tips of eyeliners with alcohol if they haven't been used in awhile.

When it comes to everything else though I don't worry about it too much. Lip products (and actually everything else) I only toss if they change consistency or smell. I can't justify tossing money in the trash unless it really is unusable. 

nebel

Oh, I ditch products like crazy when they get old whether or not they are used.

Not so much with powder products, because they tend not to harbor bacteria.  But I will not keep a lipgloss, liner, or cream product for more than a year.  I ditch mascara every three months. 

I get downright queasy when I see people in stores using testers on their face.  "OMG DO YOU KNOW WHERE THAT HAS BEEN?"

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

But do you finish any of your products before you end up tossing them? I suppose mascara is ok if you are a diligent user, but I can't imagine finishing more than 1 lip product within a year since I rotate so often (and I definitely buy/have more than 1 lip product...)

nebel

(0) Hearts

I should add that there are certain things I *will* hang onto longer.  I'll keep glosses/liquids like OCC lip tars that you *squeeze* the product out of, and don't contaminate with fingers/brushes/wands etc.  Again, this is based on smell... I try to be vigilant about when products go "off"  

Pretty much anything with a wand gets ditched on a regular basis, though.

nebel

(0) Hearts

No, i toss many half-full glosses/liners/creams.  I hang on to lipsticks and only toss them when the odor seems off. 

I don't think i've ever actually "finished" a tube of mascara.

Beesca21

YES 

I first wipe my face with a makeup removing wipe and then wash it (sometimes twice!) 

Same goes for my brushes. I use the same cleanser I use on my face. Probably should find a cheaper alternative for brushes haha 

but yeah I have OCD when it comes to cleanliness

I sometimes shower twice. I should really stop bc I think this is what makes my skin/hair so oily :smileysad:    dry shampoo is going to become my new bff 

xoxo 

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

You can also use shampoo for brushes as well as facial cleanser! However, don't ever use makeup remover to wash brushes, it doesn't turn out so pretty. =X

I do end up staying in the shower for 30min to make sure I'm clean, sometimes I wash my hair twice but usually when I get paranoid, I tell myself I'm gonna take a shower again the day after tomorrow anyways so get out already. o.o

jinxski

[ Edited ]

YES.

My skin is ultra sensitive and I'm just always afraid of a breakout or allergic reaction. Just yesterday I bought these facial sheet masks and went online for half an hour or so just to check if they were authentic, what the ingredients were... etc.

Yeah. Definitely paranoid, but for good reason, gotta figure out what I'm putting on my face! It's definitely not just you, I promise!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • ChicDabbler
    • jinxski
    • nebel
    • Beesca21
    • mpolansky