Answer
vngars
Do M.A.C. products deserve the hype they get?

I am about to run out of almost all the makeup I have, and I want to take the opportunity to try some new makeup! I have always heard a lot about M.A.C. cosmetics, and of course seen them and their stores all over the place. I've always tended to stay away from M.A.C. though because they seem to be pretty expensive and I don't know enough about their products. 

I'm 21 years old, so I haven't spent that much time around make up yet, and I'm still just learning about the basics. I am big on cat eyes and have been getting more into eye shadows in the past couple of years. I am curious about ANY and ALL of M.A.C.'s make up though! Foundation, concealer, eyeshadow, brushes, mascara, eyeliner, blush, bronzer...does anyone swear by any of these products from M.A.C.??

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
ShariRebecca
Answered

MAC makeup is by no means cheap!

But maybe get a product or two to try and see. (Even if you request it for Christmas!)

I would suggest their lipstick and eyeshadow as there are better alternatives to their foundations and mascaras...

Maybe go for something neutral you can't go wrong with eyeshadows like: Patina,Satin Taupe, SablE,All That Glitters and Naked Lunch and Lipsticks like:Hue,Creme Cup and Angel... 

But for your cat eye Blacktrack fluid line is seriously amazing and creamy! Or even Carbon eyeshadow flicked at the outter corners of your eye :smileyhappy:

Hope this helps,

Also, a pro with mac is that when you finish 6 products you can take your empty packaging to a MAC store and receive a free lipstick,lipgloss or eyeshadow!

xxx

kssweetheart
(0) Hearts
No Kidding, I had no idea MAC did that, great idea. More companies should do that, or maybe they are and I just don't know it!
My only 2 problems are that I rarely finish any products, aside from mascara, because I have tons and unfortunately keep buying, it really is embarassing. The other problem is that there are a few products that are close to done and no longer exist, that I'm trying to replicate. Really there are 3 problems...There are some items, mostly lipsticksand some nail polish, among other products and 'things' that remind me of an event or a guy (mostly a guy) and some of those I have to hold onto because it was one of his faves on me, one guy in particular, I have a terrible time getting rid of clothes he loved, even though they should go.

Anybody out there have this problem? Someone please say yes.
Question Stats
  • 8 answers
  • 25 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • kssweetheart
    • mskb
    • sportygirly
    • beautylovingirl
    • vngars
    • jezhawk
    • ShariRebecca