roxystar4

Dedication Baby!

[ Edited ]

So I drove 4.5 hours round trip to visit a CCO and the only free standing Sephora in my area.  Yeah, crazy. My poor 2 year old- he was a trooper. I think I recited "this little piggy went to the market.." about 30 times & pointed out every dump truck and digger on the road. LOL.

I found some really cool things that my local JCP Sephora doesnt carry (I didnt buy this but just looked at the colors):

s1120336-main-hero.jpg

YSL Lipstick in Caress Pink- SO PRETTYYYYYYYY

s1304971-main-hero.jpg

Météorites Compact Powder 02

And I finally matched my colors for LM silk creme, Hourglass Immaculate, Kat Von D Lock it foundation, and Bobbi Brown Foundation Sticks (all items are on my wish list and I hope to try each after using up some of my other foundations).

drrragon

Re: Dedication Baby!

@roxystar-- congrats on your impressive achievement, lol!  and your son sounds so adorable and did such a good job on your epic journey.  I'm curious to know what were your shade matches for all those foundations?  

Wow I had no idea there was a Sephora in the Prudential center now.  I used to take the T out there whenever I had a layover at Logan airport, just to walk around the gorgeous Christian Science Monitor building's reflecting pool.  Now there's yet another reason to go!

roxystar4

@drrragon yeah there is a HUGE sephora there. It is like a slice of heaven.

LM Silk Creme Foundation- Beige Ivory

LM Tinted Moisturizer- Nude

NARS Sheer Matte- Deauville

Bobbi Brown Foundation Sticks- Cool Beige (Sand was too orange for me)

Este Lauder DW (ive been wearing Ecru but thought it was a little off) Got rematched and found Sand looks better.

Hourglass Immaculate- Shell (crazy because on the webiste & sephora it says pink undertones and I am almost olive/a touch of yellow)

crayzeeRN

I've been looking at LM's Silk Creme Foundation for a while and think it will be the next foundation I try (gotta use up at least one of my open ones first though!) I've heard really great things about this foundation :smileyhappy:

@roxystar4 did you find anything good at the CCO?

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

@crayzeeRN I want to test it before I buy it. I have a few foundations to use up before buying more.

I didnt find anything good at the CCO. It is def hit or miss. 

veevali

[ Edited ]

@roxystar4 did you see that both bite kits you were looking at are back? grab them before they disappear again!

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

@veevali- they are both in my cart atm (and a friend bought the discovery set for me when she saw it last night). Im thinking maybe gifts???? 

mafan

Okay, sorry, but I just have to ask.  Is the Prudential Center store really free standing?  I assumed it was part of the shopping center that is part of Copley Center, etc. 

You have to excuse me, you probably realize I'm an old lady now. :smileyhappy: I used to take the train in with my dad (who I miss so much) when he worked at the Prudential Center 35+ years ago.  The Brookstone bookstore was one of my favorite shops, but I have been in the complex over the years as it has changed dramatically.  Some day I plan to get in to just visit the store. 

I'm glad you made your trip and accomplished so much.  That drive with a young child must make you an amazing mother!!

DTalksAll

Sephora has two types of stores; Sephora Inside JC Penny (SiJCP) and their regular stores. Everyone refers to the stores that are inside a mall as "freestanding". It's silly to call it that since all other stores refer to their "freestanding" as stores that are NOT inside a mall. 

The SiJCP are smaller, carry a handful of brands, have different policies, and their gift cards can only be used at SiJCP (not on-line or in a freestanding store). 

I prefer driving farther to the freestanding stores since my SiJCP has a limited skin care section, sells no hair products, and is always out of stock of the items I want. When you do a search on the site for a product, SiJCP never shows up, just the free standing stores. Calling the store doesn't help because the girls are too lazy to look for the item & just say "yeah we have it" 

mafan

Okay, that makes sense now.  I know the two different types of stores -- the Natick Mall has both of them, actually, and I tend to swing through the SiJCP at times to see what they have.  (Never made it to the regular store last visit, I found too many good deals at the store in JCP.)  I just hadn't thought of the others as freestanding because for most stores that means stores that aren't in a mall!

I do wish that the SiJCP items were in the search. Heck, I wish that SiJCP in Natick could update my BI points -- I know I've had to get them added for me at least 3 times now, and other times I might not have noticed they're missing.

I have found that the stores in the area are good about checking and really holding things for me.  More than one store has pulled something and held it for me to pick up.  And a couple of stores have been great and checked their stock in the back to get something that wasn't on the shelves but the "Find in Store" option said they had.

thanks for helping me be less confused. :smileyhappy:  I seem to need all the help that I can get lately.

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Natick Mall!!!! That's the 4hr away one I went to! aaaahhhh *que fan girl inner scream* I'm weird I know. That was my first Sephora, and the ladies/guys there were super accomodating. I was able to exchange my this yr's bday gifts for last yr's among other things. Ben (I think) was the guy who helped me and I like the fact he gave brief informative answers to my questions instead of going on and on with explanations. *sigh* I love Natick Mall, it's what started my whole shopping obsession. Natick Mall's so good that it made me super snobby about malls I'm going to....and I'll stop here before it turns into a love letter.

mafan

lol! I am so old I remember the Natick Mall when the big stores were Sears, Filenes and Woolworths!  When they did all the remodeling (that brought in JCP and Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom, etc) they tried calling it "The Natick Collection" but it's been the Natick Mall for so long that they changed the name back a couple of years ago. 

The people in that store are very helpful.  It's bad that they recognize me when I go in.  I just looked at the mall website and saw that SiJCP is having an event tonight about CC creams.  Must be a good girl and not go see if the one at Solomon Pond is doing the same thing since I'll be nearby.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

The customer service really differs by store. The big one I go to sometimes put me on hold for 10min and give me back a half-hearted answer. The little one that I usually don't go to is super helpful. There was a Caudalie kit for $10 that was out of stock online. It wasn't on the floor but she found one in the back, so she reserved it for me. By the time I got there, she found 2 more and reserved all 3 kits for me since I told her I drove 30min to there just for it and she think I'd probably want more than 1 (I got 2 and left the last one for someone else lucky ^.^).

veevali

(0) Hearts

Agreed! I feel like the service is better at smaller store, and they give you more generous samples. I love the sephora at the prudential actually. It has almost all the brands they carry!

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Oh gosh, all these talks make me want to go to Boston again and visit the stores my friends at some point. I'm terrible at keeping in touch and they only lured me over with the promise of very friendly kitties.

Ok, it's decided. I currently have a shoe box full of skincare. I will go to Boston and splurge on Sephora after I finish half box. #EndofYearResolution

veevali

(0) Hearts

Do it! That's a great way to reward yourself. I'm sure the stores your friends would be so happy to see you! 

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

Wait a minute, you got a 2 yr old to stay still for 4.5hrs???!?!?! You've got skills.

Lol, yeah, I usually go to the Sephora that's 40min away. I had to visit a friend in Boston once and I need to rush back the same day, but I couldn't help making a side trip to THE first Sephora I ever visited, the one that started my sephora obsession. It's gotten so huge and I was so excited, like a little kid in Disneyland, that all the cast members were visibly amused. The selection and customer service was so good that I'm planning another trip to there in the next couple month despite the 4-5hr round trip......oh, and I might visit some old friends if they are available. =P

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

@beautytester - the first free standing Sephora I ever went into was in Boston too! My family lives there. It's the one in the Prudential Center.

My son is pretty shy and sweet. He cried a few times and I just gave him some snacks and told him stories.  At one point I had to explain to him why he should be good because Mommy is scared of the huge trucks.

I came prepared- a large cooler with backup water, ice packs, sliced watermelon, sliced sweet peppers, pizza, Justins Dark chocolate PB cups. Separate bag for chips, nuts, fruit leather, etc. and another bag for baby stuff. Crazy!

ChicDabbler

Wowie, you are super organized and your son sounds so sweet. Yeah, I try to pass huge trucks as quickly as possible. Once I was driving and was surrounded by huge trucks front/back and one side, while the other side was a cliff. I was quite relieved when I was finally able to get out of the blockade.

Lol, can I raid your cooler? It sounds awesome. Hmmm, now I'm really craving watermelons. *writes down on shopping list*

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

@beautytester  i had a few times I was surrounded by trucks. I was like AHHHHHHHHHHH.  I wish I had the PB cup in my mouth at the moment and not in the cooler

beautylovingirl

@roxystar4- Be careful once you try a YSL Lipstick it's down hill from there but in a good way!:smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 40 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • DTalksAll
    • drrragon
    • ChicDabbler
    • mafan
    • roxystar4