roxystar4

Decorating Makeup Storage

[ Edited ]

I decided to do a little decorating of my makeup storage (one of my 7 drawer containers- I have two more to do).  It was so fun to do and really easy.  I just purchased a 7 drawer plastic container, a package of stick-on pink dots/gems and gem buttons.  Used double-sided tape for the dark pink buttons.  So fun!

IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

delanegarcia

Re: Decorating Makeup Storage

(0) Hearts

@kellsmuneoka how do you like the muji? I am debating over a muji or the more expensive brands , Idk what to go with ?!

comfyrock

Check out Staples or other office suppliers for plastic storage towers.  They're not pretty but they offer a variety of drawer heights and can be easily cleaned.  Staples coupon codes are fairly easy to find online.  If your office has an account and allows you to purchase using the corporate discount (with your own money, of course), it can cut down cost.

Ava2

This is what I store my makeup in if anyone is interested. I got the acrylic organizer from Walmart for $43.59 (Rubbermaid Optimizers 4-Way Organizer w/Drawer, Plastic, Clear). It only comes with the two drawers on the top, so I bought four drawers at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for $4.99 each (Acrylic 6-Inch x 9-Inch Drawer Organizer). You can fit six of the 6-9 inch drawers or more depending on what size you get. The drawers are deep enough to store a lot of makeup and it's easy to see everything you have. Lastly, you can use your BB&B 20% off coupon on them!! Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

true.jpeg

makeupobesessed

Question for u ladies...how do u store ur double sided brushes?  The vase with beads seems like a good idea for them?   Reminds me of the bins at sephora.

roxystar4

@makeupobesessed, I lay mine flat on top of the ETSY mug I have my other brushes in.

photo-163 2.jpg

photo-179.jpg

I'm pretty impressed with a set of double-sided brushes I bought at WalMart for like $10 (3 double sided brushes) and my most recent favorite eyeshadow brush is a double ended stila brush. But I agree storing them can be annoying. Sometimes I stick them in my muji drawers and try to keep other products away from them so they don't get smushed.

I dry my double ended brushes on top of my benjabelle drying tree (which I love). 

comfyrock

What about a rolled case?  The fabric ones where you slip the brush into a row of bands or sleeves, roll up, and secure with a cord/tab?  Your local craft/art store should have a few options.  The chain stores (A.C. Moore, Michaels, etc.) have weekly coupons.

SallieSunshine

I avoid double sided brushes, partly for this reason!  :smileyhappy:

melde

(0) Hearts

So cute!

trucie

2014-01-10 23.32.22.jpgEveryone's storage is so pretty!!! <3
Just got mine organized too!!!

nikki

(0) Hearts

ohhh pretty.

BT not only enables people to buy makeup, but to clean/organize their stash. (at least they did for me)

I only need to find a cute holder for my brushes.

trucie

2014-01-10 23.41.02.jpgthis is how I did it xD

nikki

I love the stones/beads in vases idea! I've seen so many cute versions of that, I need to go to a craft store and pick some stuff up.

trucie

I got both the vases and the beads in Michaels :smileywink:

nikki

Etsy is tempting me, I don't want to spend 20 bucks if I could do it myself. Although I'm not that artsy. And also lazy.

Teresaanne92

This is my dilemma. I love the makeup boards. The magnetic ones, for certain things and I always tell myself- don't spend the money! You can do that yourself! But lets be honest....I will never do it myself. lol

nikki

I know, I know! I will probably never do it myself, and if I did, it would look like an epileptic at a rave glued the gems on.

nikki

Conflicts, I'm so in love with this, but I don't know if I'm 20 plus 10 for shipping in love.

Even though I've spent way more on one lipstick :/

upload_213747445720540629.jpg

Teresaanne92

I'll spend enough to make Rouge but the moment I see $20 and more on storage or a shipping rate I cringe. There's something wrong with this picture....hahahaha

calamityjane85

I understand completely. 

trucie

lol
it's just...too much.
I remember my vase was just like ~$5/each and the beads ~$10

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 52 replies