MelM0728

Dark Plum Colored Lipstick

Hi ladies!

I've been on the hunt for a deep plum colored lipstick. I have bought a few lipsticks recently and had to return them because they look more like a raspberry color (deep pink) once applied. I need a lipstick that is a true deep purple- literally similar to the color of a plum (the fruit). I have a lot of color in my lips naturally so I need to buy dark shades if I want it to show up at all. I'm very fair skinned and have dark brown hair and green eyes. My skin is neutral but I would say it is warm if I had to choose between warm and cool. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks :smileyhappy:

Askenjuri

Re: Dark Plum Colored Lipstick

(0) Hearts

Why not just go with the original classic, Chanel's Vamp?  It's been many years ( many many years) since I've worn it, but I remember it as truly deep and dark.

carolang

(0) Hearts

NARS Train Bleu shows up extremely dark on me. Not like in the picture, maybe with intense flash the color is more noticeable. Its kind of a regret purchase for me, quite dark and matte. I think a slightly shiny formula would work best with this color but it depends on your preference.

Check out Buxom Menace or Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream in Bordeaux.

smgirvin

(0) Hearts

I really like Bite's cashmere lip cream in the color Bordeaux. Its a beautiful dark plum color with a great finish that lasts a really long time.

swanbeauty

(0) Hearts

I second Bordeaux.... universal color, great feel and staying power.

MlleCC

(0) Hearts

I thought this would be easy since I love wearing deep wine shades, but all of my original picks ended up leaning more red or dark pink.  Hopefully, these are better picks!  :smileyhappy:

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Train Bleu:  

Nars Train Bleu - Temptalia Swatch.jpg

MUFE Rouge Artist Intense in 49:

MUFE Rouge Artiste 49 - Temptalia Swatch.jpg

*Photo credit for both pictures goes to Temptalia.*

malday

[ Edited ]

original.jpg

I second Shame. Here it is with OCC Black Dahlia Cosmetic Colour Pencil used underneath.

MsChrissie

[ Edited ]

Stunning! Yet again I've fallen into the trap of buying a lipstick thinking I'll magically end up looking like this! 

linda711

That combination is absolutely stunning on you!

MarciaBrady

(0) Hearts

Have you thought about getting a few tubes of the OCC Lip Tar and mixing it yourself? Blue, Red, and Black would technically be the ones to buy, but you might have luck just mixing a little black in with something that's already in the color range, just too light.

As long as you keep track of what and how much you're putting together, you could continue making the perfect color once you've created it.

aleishamaxime

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Untitled.png

IMAN Luxury Moisturizing Lipstick in Wild Thing

man I look white as a ghost in this picture but the lipstick swatch looks true to life

MarciaBrady

That color is amazing! I'll definitely have to look that one up.

aleishamaxime

(0) Hearts

I love it! and it's only $10, I found it at Ulta awhile ago. No clue if they still carry this brand

aleishamaxime

(0) Hearts

wait, also, mac cyber might be up your alley as well

Blackwhiskey

1395146_252946694855207_1075734678_n.jpg

Urban Decay Shame lipstick when natural sun light hits it.

eadelaide1

(0) Hearts

Dior Addict Extreme in Black Tie might work! I LOVE their lipstick formula too- highly moisturizing, gel-like and smooth. They almost feel more like a balm then a lipstick! The pigmentation can be built up or sheered out, but it is not a truly opaque formula.

kenny

My favorite way to get a dark plummy lip is using MAC Vino Lipliner and YSL Violet Incognito lipstick (which is sheer but buildable). Together they make a great dark plummy lip

Other options are possibly  MAC Smoked Purple or Tom Ford Bruised Plum

MK89

I second YSL Violet Incognito...kenny was my enabler there :smileyhappy: here's how it looks on my pigmented lips:

image.jpg

kenny

Yay! Glad to hear I enabled somebody :smileyhappy:

It's one of my favorite purples, I love the creamy formula and fruity scent

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

I think MAC Rebel would be perfect. :smileyhappy:upload_1552989042971447906.jpg

kenny

(0) Hearts

Honestly I tried Rebel, and it turned fuschia on me! I was looking for a plummy lipstick, but Rebel was just pink. Maybe if you have more pigmented lips it'll work better

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 14 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • eadelaide1
    • kenny
    • malday
    • swanbeauty
    • aleishamaxime
    • smgirvin