cefrd13

Cream/Mousse bronzer brush?

I am thinking about trying a cream/ mousse bronzer. It is in a pot, (not an easily blended stick, sigh) so what kind of brush would be best for application? Thanks!

beautylovingirl

Re: Cream/Mousse bronzer brush?

@roxystar- I know I was the exact same way after after a kid it seems like you become alot more light hearted.:smileytongue:

roxystar4

amen

beautylovingirl

@roxystar4- I do things all the time that make me laugh at myself but if you can't laugh at yourself then it's just not fun:smileyhappy:

roxystar4

i used to be way more type A (then I had a kid- LOL). so now I can roll with the punches better and laugh when I do something ridiculous. :smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

@roxystar4- Every time I read your last post it cracks me up!:smileyvery-happy:

roxystar4

I took the nail color off last night and my makeup remover bottle cap has the color stuck all the in grooves from when I had polish all over my hands. I couldnt help but smile to myself..

beautylovingirl

[ Edited ]

@roxystar4- Oh my gosh you enthusiam got the best of you.:smileytongue:

roxystar4

yeah, no kidding! I found a smear on the side of my hand when I woke up this morning. what a mess! :smileyhappy:

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

wow, so i was just so excited to reply that i spilled nail polish ALL over myself. I am talking hands covered and pants ruined.

Anyways, I recently picked up some Real Techniques brushes. They are the set for the face (4 brushes) and have an orange/gold handle. and I LOVE the contour brush. I think I paid like $15 on amazon for them and I really like them so far.

lylysa

Eep!!! Oh no, Roxystar! :smileysad:

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

the pants are just laze around pants, so im not too distraught about it. It was sort of funny though cause somehow both of my hands got hit and everything I touched (drawer handles & nail polish remover bottle) got smeared with polish. I literally laughed because it was due to me being excited to respond about real techniques brushes (reaching for the key board with an open bottle of nail polish in front of me) that make me so clumsy.

onomotopoeia9

u sound like me!!

I actually still have a nail-polish stain on my bedroom floor from 3 years ago. The floor is wooden, so nail polish remover ruins the floors even more...

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

oh no! 

cendrogirl

(0) Hearts

For my Chanel bronze universal  I use a Sanya Kashuk Angled Face Brush. It works great for getting just the right amount of product. 

kd006

For my chanel cream bronzer, I like to use the real techniques expert face brush. I pick up just a little product on one side of the brush, and then I use the other side of the brush to blend it in. If I find I need more blending, I usually just use my real techniques multi tasking brush.

cefrd13

(0) Hearts

Where did you get your real techniques brushes? I know they have some at Ulta but I can't find the multitasking brush.

kd006

(0) Hearts

I did buy mine at ulta, and I bought the multitasking brush in a pack of 3. It came with a brush roll, a flat foundation brush, and the domed shadow brush I believe. I guess I'm not 100% sure on that though. I did look on the ulta website for it and it's not on there. Idk why but real techniques only has 4 things for brushes, but their collection is much bigger than that. Maybe you can find one on ebay. It was the travel edition collection that it came in. Hope you can find one!

lylysa

Try a synthetic hair brush as it won't absorb your product and really give you a smooth buffed and blended look. 

The stippling brush that Roxystar mentioned below works well, you can also used a domed brush like a short haired kabuki which will give you a bit more control as the bristles won't splay out as much as a traditional powder or blush brush.

Though the price is a bit higher than the ELF brush, Too Faced's Retractable Kabuki is such a multi-tasking wonder. Again, it's a synthetic brush so the bristles stay soft, you can retract the brush up and have a variety of range in terms of using it retracted all the way down to use as a powder brush, retracted mid way for buffing on liquid/cream foundations (gives a great, soft diffused look without brush streaks) and cream blushes/bronzers/highlighter, and retracted all the way up to a tiny nub to blend out concealer. I've had mine for over 6 years and maybe seen it lose about 4 hairs, it's a great investment!

roxystar4

i like my ELF stippled brush. that way it doesnt pick up too much product.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 18 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • roxystar4
    • cefrd13
    • cendrogirl
    • beautylovingirl
    • onomotopoeia9