krunce

Cream Blush Convert!

I was one of those that jumped at the amazing 100 point offerings a few months ago and picked up a Givenchy Le Rouge colour and a Stila Convertible cream blush/lip colour.

I think I'm a cream blush convert...

I've been a religious Nars Orgasm user for years now but I really love the dewy, natural finish on the cream blush. 

I think I'm going to go for Illamasqua's Cream Blusher in Rude for my second go at it. Has anyone used both and can give me a sense of how they differ in pigmentation or wear or anything?

swfupload_9167982247260759220.jpgswfupload_4696463231538026920.jpg

BeeBeeJ

Re: Cream Blush Convert!

(0) Hearts

I hope this doesn't seem like a ridiculous question but when do you apply cream blush? Obviously powder blush goes on after foundation but it seems like rubbing in a cream after foundation would rub off the foundation. So do you put cream blush on before foundation? I've never used any blush but powder because I cant figure out what to do with it. also- i wear powder foundations almost exclusively if that matters.

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

I put it on after foundation and use a stippling brush- I don't have any issues with foundation rubbing off, however I do use liquid foundation. I think for powder foundation you could probably pat with your fingertips?

drrragon

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have been wondering that myself!  I tend to prefer powder blushes for the same reasons....don't like the idea of disturbing my foundation.  However, depending on the formula, some cream blushes glide on so smoothly and are so blendable that I can apply them by patting it on with my fingers, which seems like less motion than rubbing or brushing it on.  

I have tried applying the cream blush before foundation, but then the foundation covers most of it up so that hasn't really worked out for me.  And yeah, if I'm using a powder foundation I tend to go with the powder blush because I don't want a cream blush caking up the foundation.

The only other thing I could think of is if you only need sheer/light coverage, then putting the blush on first probably would work.  Or if you have awesome skin and can get away with just a BB cream or tinted moisturizer, in that case I think it's fine to apply the cream blush after.

BeeBeeJ

(0) Hearts

Thank you both for responding. I think I will give it a try. I have two of the Nars Multiples as well as one of the new Josie Maran Coconut Water Gels. I've never used them because I didn't know what to do and I never have time to start over if I make a messy. Thanks!

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

I've been totally drooling over the Poppy Paradise shade in the Josie Maran blush :smileyhappy: Which one did you pick up?

BeeBeeJ

(0) Hearts

That's the one. It just screams SUMMERTIME doesnt it? Looks fab on the back of my hand. Now I have to try it on my actual face :smileyhappy:

drrragon

(0) Hearts

ooh i have been really curious about the Coconut Water Gels!  They look sooooo delicious!  You'll have to let us know how you like it!

colorobsession

(0) Hearts

I picked up the color Honeymoon Honey when I caved and bought the Sun Kit and I LOVE it. It's very sheer and blendable, and not sticky/messy at all. I feel like it's lighter or more "jelly" like than the tarte cheek stains, which I feel are somewhat comparable. The  Poppy Paradise is a beautiful color. I think it'd probably look awesome for summertime!

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Let me know how you like it! I'm making a mall trip tomorrow with a friend and Sephora is definitely on the list of places to stop at, might end up coming home with that shade! This 10% VIB discount is burning a hole in my pocket...

crayzeeRN

I too have been made a cream-blush-aholic thanks to the 100 pt Stila blush! Just recently ordered 4 shades of Urban Decay's Afterglow Cheek Tint and I am loving them!! (especially since they were $9 each!)

Cream blush seems to look a lot more like a natural glow, where I think powder blush is sometimes a bit more obvious that you have makeup on. I also think it wears better in warm temperatures.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

You should also look at YSL's cream  blushes:s1310457-main-grid[1].jpg

They are such pretty colors I love them!

keelybt

I love cream blushes too!  Another wonderful product Illamasqua makes is the Gleam Cream.  It's super light and leaves a gorgeous dewy sheen.

Illamasqua - Gleam Cream

http://www.sephora.com/gleam-cream-P375654?skuId=1444124

ashhay

I was actually searching for the Kevin Aucoin line of cream blushes at sephora when I learned about illamasqua's cream blushes. I am so glad I did it was one of the best makeup investments I could make. I have three of the lines colors: brazen, libido, and betrayal.

sephoramusthave

YESSSS I LOVE cream blush ( and cream eye shadow). Its just so easy to throw on and blend in, you don't need brushes all you need is clean (!!!) fingers. I have the stila convertible in lillium and I love it so much that I've hit pan on it, I have 15 blushes and this is the only one I have hit pan on. I also love the nars cream blushes ( not the multiple, the cream blushes in the compact that Sephora no longer carries >_<), the Josie maran color stick and the cargo color sticks :smileyvery-happy:

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

I had no clue NARS made cream blushes, thanks for the tip! They have some stunning colors!

melissabt

Hi Krunce,

Rude is a really pretty milky peach tone shade. In my opinion the Illamasqua shades have slightly more pigment! I have dry skin myself and love cream blushes all year round because it gives your skin a pretty dewy finish.

<3 Melissa
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • sephoramusthave
    • ashhay
    • melissabt
    • drrragon