cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Cover Fx Love!

cover fx.jpg

So I tried to look for but did not find a thread dedicated to Cover FX.

Anyone on here love this brand? I feel like this brand is not talked about much but has some real gems, and the products are supposedly good for you, or at least sensitive-skin friendly. 

Since so many other brands have a thread dedicated to them, I figured I'd make one for Cove FX. 😃

I personally love the Illuminating Powder: I've had the smaller size for forever and it's still going strong. I know a lot of you love the illuminating drops.

Re: Cover Fx Love!

Thank you so much for so many gorgeous swatches @veronika23!!

I am seriously shopping your swatches, I now want that moon child palette and mac soft frost 😍 The alchemist palette keeps tempting me but I remind myself how small it actually is. 

I swatched the milk holo stick tester in store a few days ago but they didn't have the actual product to sell yet., do you feel it is tacky feeling on the face the whole time it is on? I also am curious how different it is to Bite opal lipstick. 

@Anewxa   I don't find the holo stick tacky. When I swatch on my hand Bite Opal looks white compared to Milk Holo but on the lips Bite appears deeper blue/violet and milk more icy blue. Happy you saw Milk in stores... means it should be online in Canada soon 🙂

You know I really love KVD's alchemist more than the ABH I think because of it's versatility and lack of glitter. I'd serisouly consider it 😉

Lol you temptress you @veronika23!

Do you know if alchemist is LE? 

I spotted a very random (half empty) display at my sephora with only 2 milk products (holo and cooling sticks), ND and viseart palettes (mind/neutral matte) and some other online exclusives like the cinema secrets brush cleanser.

None of these items actually showed up on the location finder for that location when I later checked, goes to show it is not very accurate at all.

@Anewxa  it is LE but should be available all year.  That's what she said. Like they wouldn't restock past 2017. Not sure why though. It should be perm if you ask me lol

Oh interesting. Yeah that's not accurate for sure! There are more Milk products that caught my eye so can't wait for it to show up online!

@veronika23 Halo is the icy blue highlighter of my dreams! So pretty!

oh man @veronika23! 😮

I am so excited to get mine!!!! 😄

@vegchililover78@Libellules  it's even more beautiful in person!

can someone please compare the Cover FX setting powder to LM setting powder?? which do you think is more matte and long-lasting??

@LizzyReed I use both. I use the LM first, then apply a light dusting of the CoverFX. LM is much more matte, which I like and need for my oily skin. But some days it makes my skin a bit dull.

The CoverFX adds just a bit of brightness, a slight dewiness to my skin. It doesn't wear well for me on it's own (over foundation) but that's due to my oily skin. I think if your skin is drier, the CoverFX may work fine as your only powder. Hope I made sense LOL!

o thats interesting to note. i also have oily skin, so i totally get that 😉 Thanks for your advice! I may just have to try them both and see what works best 🙂

@LizzyReed Hey!

So I cant very much comment on the matt-ness of these powders because eventually everything gets dewey for me (even if it's just a bit). However, hands down the CoverFX Perfect setting powder is my favorite. It sets my foundation very nicely with very limited oiliness by the end of the day (I frequently wear foundation for over 9 hours I South Carolina). I find it blurs out pores. It does not look cakey whereas I could not get the LM one to look natural. Just my two cents. 😃

Thanks so much! youre reply was very helpful :)) 

OMG HALO IS HERE!!!! Swatches to come soon!

Eeeee mine comes tomorrow, can't wait!!!

Seriously!  That is super fast... great job Sephora Distribution center!

Image result for clapping gif

I'm so happy you snagged this.  Can't wait to see amazing swatches, V.  

Another look at the new drops... I think I should get Halo tomorrow!!!

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 7.37.39 PM.png

I think I'll get mine on Wednesday - super excited to play with halo!

Ooh!  Can't wait to see your swatches either @Anewxa!  I better dim my screen - there's gonna be a lotta glowing going on soon!  Heart

More swatches!  Will be available on the Sephora app first Feb 26-27.  Does anyone know if you post a link if it will work? I don't have the app. Thx!

Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 7.39.04 PM.png

I really like mixing celestial with my moisturizer for a subtle glow. I have fair to light Asian skin. I am wondering if halo would be even more flattering/glowy mixed with moisturizer than celestial. The few reviews I've seen haven't really compared halo to celestial, or described the results for mixing halo with another product. 

@Heatoyos1 I have also been wondering how it compares to Celestial!  Great question - Hopefully someone knows!  💗

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos25
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 6.29.53 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 1.26.56 PM.png
  • cover fx.jpg
  • IMG_0106.PNG
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 11.58.11 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 2.25.04 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 9.24.41 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 10.22.33 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 7.39.04 PM.png