cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Cover Fx Love!

cover fx.jpg

So I tried to look for but did not find a thread dedicated to Cover FX.

Anyone on here love this brand? I feel like this brand is not talked about much but has some real gems, and the products are supposedly good for you, or at least sensitive-skin friendly. 

Since so many other brands have a thread dedicated to them, I figured I'd make one for Cove FX. 😃

I personally love the Illuminating Powder: I've had the smaller size for forever and it's still going strong. I know a lot of you love the illuminating drops.

Re: Cover Fx Love!

o.O

They look good enough to eeeeaaaaaat.

Swatches of the new highlight palettes

Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 11.58.11 AM.png

I got a sample of the sunscreen they have in the yellow bottle. It was a silky texture and worked really well under makeup. Does anyone know if coverfx will actually bring it back to their website? I have a gift card to use. 

I sent them an IM on FB to see if they plan on bringing it back on their direct site. I'll update if and when they post a reply @mrsbaine.

Is it the one Sephora has up for sale?

Thanks @Maria88; yup

Thx! I'll add this to the brand thread list in beauty news 🙂

I'm most excited for this! HALO!!!

Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 6.29.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-20 at 1.26.56 PM.png

Thank you @veronika23! I was going to add that top photo last night but my phone bas being dumb. They look so pretty! Though I don't think I can pull them off, maybe Rose Gold. Im just excited to see them coming out with new products. 

@Maria88   Totally get it with BT and phones. lol.  Well it's just the first set of swatches... maybe you will be able to pull them off 😉  I am obsessed with Halo and want it now! 😄  I really love the concept of these drops but the first set of colors weren't really my thing. I hope they come out with even more!

@DiVWA - Thanks for these greats tips for the Anti-Aging Primer!  My under eye concealer has been discontinued.  I would like to use the Cover FX Cream Concealer which I already use elsewhere, but it just isn't creamy enough for under the eye.  Maybe this will help.  Also, my chin is finally healing from a severe outbreak of cystic acne.  I would love to try your suggestion for using the primer during this healing stage.

@Titian06, remember to start small. Like a teeny tiny amount. Especially when using it under the eyes for concealer.

I got the sample of the perfect powder and fell in love ! I wore it a few times this past week and just went to purchase it Friday. I just wish there was some kind of seal , since there's a cover lid to make sure no one opens it. In any case, I'm going to pass the sample to my friend so she can try it too!  I really wanted to swatch the h/l but couldn't find them in stores 

I've got a sample to try right now but what I've done with my LM powder (which does have a sifter lid) is use an old smaller Besame powder tin I had (that has a sifter lid built in). I didn't like the Besame powder so had cleaned it out of the Besame tin and saved it just in case. I use my LM powder in the smaller Besame tin, which makes it much handier for daily uses and travel too. If I end up liking the Cover FX powder more than the LM one, I'll replace the LM powder in the Besame tin with the FX powder.

There are some powder sifter type containers/jars on Amazon that you could purchase too for similar purposes/results. @aviscardi

Hi, 

no that's not what I meant. I have the LM powder and nars as well in loose.  The Cover fx has a sifter, I don't think many if any powders nowadays come with no sifter. It has a lid that covers the hole portions,  So there is no spillage when you're done. I was referring to the seal that is usually over the holes. Since this has a lid that snaps into the holes when closing   It did not have a seal covering the holes as most powders do. 

Oh okay. Thanks for clarifying. I don't believe I have a seal that covers the holes myself.

This is the first loose powder I've  purchased with a lid, so I just assumed maybe they all don't come with a seal for the lids ?! lol I don't know I think it just weirded me out ha since I'm used to it 

Ok I got the powder today so now I know what you're talking about. I actually like the way the seal covers the holes. Although when I've gotten other brands' powders that have a sticker over the holes, I find I always leave part of the sticker on to prevent too much powder from coming out at once. Lacking that partial sticker may result in pouring out too much powder into the lid at once. If there's excess I'll just leave it in the lid and periodically clean out the top of the sifter thing. IDK.

I would have thought there would be a sticker seal over the holes even with the lid covering it, but  i guess then the lid couldn't snap into the holes ha. Idk. I keep the sticker partially on my others as well but i don't tap powder into the lid. I shake it out onto my brush or just put my brush in/shake it upside down. The only way id get spillage is if i knocked the powders down lol

I like the Anti-Aging Primer although I must confess that I don't use this as a primer per se. There are times when I need some silicone since most of my products don't have it, so I use this primer for my silicone fix. For example, I find that I sometimes need some silicone under my eyes or else my concealer flakes a bit; using a tiny dab of the primer mixed in my eye cream really makes a difference. A dab of this primer also works after I've had an angry pimple and it's at that healing, flat red stage (when scarring risk is high). It's a handy thing to have around...and there are no fragrances or other ingredients that make my sensitive skin flare up.

http://www.sephora.com/anti-aging-primer-P377613?skuId=1488428&icid2=products%20grid:p377613

@DiVWA That's a really great tip. I'm going to have to try it out. I'm always looking for ideas about less texture under my eyes. And I get nasty pimples that are hard to cover up in the healing process, so this is good.

Looking forward to the halo release. Do any of you have tips for working with the custom enhancer drops?

How have you tried using it before @stelladee?

Little goes a long way so if you want to highlight specific areas use your fingers or a highlighting brush. I wouldn't put directly on the face unless you're really skilled (Im not, lol) but maybe on a pan or the back of your hands and gradually add to face.

If you want an all over glow, add to your moisturizer, primer, or even foundation.

You can even put this on your body (collar bone) to highlight or just to give you a healthy glow. 😃 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos25
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-19 at 6.29.53 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 1.26.56 PM.png
  • cover fx.jpg
  • IMG_0106.PNG
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 11.58.11 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-21 at 2.25.04 PM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 9.24.41 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 10.22.33 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 7.39.04 PM.png