malday

Contouring Shades

I was wondering what everybody's favorite powders are for contouring? I've been using the Coastal Scents Contour Blush palette but I'm hesitant to repurchase since I don't need all of the powders in it. My skin is medium/medium-dark with olive undertones and I feel like most contouring shades are too light for me.

onomotopoeia9

Re: Contouring Shades

If you want the perfect contouring shade, I would recommend that you consider foundation / setting powders. These powders come in so many shades, and you can find the most perfect one that can match your skin tone in darker shade. That way, it will really blend and look natural. Also, I find that these powders stay on longer.

rockrox123

(0) Hearts

I just ordered the NARS combo of Laguna and Orgasm- I tried it on at a Sephora store and loved it.

poshified

Kevyn Aucoin Medium Sculpting Powder -- been using it 20 of the 24 days so far this month (and the four days is when I've gone makeup-less lol)

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

late to the game here, but I totally agree with this - this sculpting powder is great.  Not orange!  Dark enough to show up!

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

something really important about contouring too! is that if you use an illuminator as well, it will really make the effect pop even more

malday

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

My makeup drawer is filled with illuminators and highlighters! I don't seem to run out of those as fast as the dark contouring shades!

malday

(0) Hearts

Has anybody here tried any of the Sleek contour kits? I'm torn between trying that or Chocolate Soleil. The contour kits are about $9 whereas the Too Faced product is $30 haha.

ghkim

(0) Hearts

i have one in dark which which i bought because my best friend is nigerian and i wanted to have something to contour her face with. at the moment i'm using it as an eyeshadow. the contour shade is dark and matte and has a nice finely milled texture. it also comes with a shimmery highlighter shade. the sleek products are pretty cheap so if you are interested i would just get it. if it doesnt work, it makes a decent eyeshadow! i think i got mine thru amazon.

Spyski

[ Edited ]

You could get the Tan Without the Twinkle kit for $15 to try it out yourself AND get the Sleek contour kit for $9 which would put you below 30 bucks which is the same price for the full-size Two Faced. Then, you will have two products AND a brush for the price of one to test out :smileyhappy:swfupload_589195851812807703.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/tan-without-the-twinkle-P379963?skuId=1526722

malday

I think I may do this, good suggestion!

lylysa

Enabling AND saving you money....that's the one-two punch of the Beauty Talk team :smileytongue:

annonymous1

i also purchased this, its a really good shade, it was enough for me to test out and keep in my makeup bag, i think the brush alone is about a 15 dollar value

Spyski

Cargo makes great bronzers for medium / medium dark skin.

ghkim

(0) Hearts

i use the kevyn aucoin one in 'medium.' i'm pretty sure it only comes in one color. my skin is mufe 118 or 125. i like it because it is not just matte brown, it is more of a matte grey-brown, which on me looks more like a shadow. 

rikkie

My skin is pretty light, but if I use a sparing hand I can use the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer. I'm sure it would be easier for you to use than for someone like me who is often just too pale for many foundation lines, haha. I like that it is matte, because some days just don't call for sparkly shimmer. :smileyhappy:

Kiki1517

I use the same and so far is the most natural for me.

Spyski

This is good to know. I just hit the pan with Benefit's Hoola and ordered the Too Faced one yesterday. The Hoola was great, but didn't like it was too orangy on me plus the packaging irritated me with it's cardboard box (although very cute).

rikkie

I hope the Too Faced will work out for you! I want to get the Milk Chocolate version, since it would suit my skin tone much better, but I have the regular one to go through and a couple of more shimmery-type bronzers as well. I use such a little amount each time that it may be years, haha. 

Spyski

Thanks, I did get the Tan Without the Twinkle kit for testing so we'll see. As long as it doesn't look too oompa loopma-like I'm good!

Kiki1517

I bought the mini size Tan Without the Twinkle set to try it out. I have been so tempted to buy the full size but forcing myself to use up the little one first lol. I do like the Tarte bronzers as well, just ordered this one and excited to use:

swfupload_8881397142948156876.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?skuId=1557354&productId=P381710

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 39 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • malday
    • annonymous1
    • poshified
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler
    • onomotopoeia9