StraightRhodes

Contour color for fair skin.

I'm very pale and I use foundations with a cool undertone and am trying to find a good contour color. Many bronzers are too dark or just leave my skin looking dirty. Any suggestions?

Panda168

Re: Contour color for fair skin.

[ Edited ]

I am really pale as well and I have been using Guerlain's Terracotta Light in 01 Blondes. They don't sell it on the website so you might want to check in stores... but you should be able to get it at Nordstrom, Saks or online. I am going to (hopefully be able to) attach a photo of what it looks like. It's nice for very fair skin... and sometimes I use it in place of a blush. 31c3oKetmnL._SY300_.jpg

kaye123

Guerlain does have amazing bronzer; nobody seems to do a bronzer like they do! I have the Terracotta Bronzing Powder in 01 and am quite fond of it. I do notice that it tends to go orange over certain foundations and bb creams. I really like this one too. I'll have to see if I can find it! It looks like it would be a really nice color to wear as blush or blend with blush.

Guerlain - Terracotta Bronzing Powder

ChicDabbler

If you want a pale buildable bronzer, try Korres Contouring Trio. It is marketed as a luminizer, but it's not sparkly/shimmery and just look natural on the skin.

https://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?skuId=1412527&productId=P309701

And some swatches if you are interested:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/Current-Obsession/m-p/433789#M6292

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Face/Contouring-for-a-very-fair-complexion/m-p/433647#M2325

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

I share your pain! I'm super picky with bronzers, they are either too dark, too orange, too shimmery or too glittery. I have fair skin right now, and my go-to bronzer for the last year or so has been Benefit Dallas. Its not muddy, its not glittery, it looks super natural, never ever fake. Looks amazing as countour, or all over color for a nice tan. My fave!

katie1724

I really like Burberry Earthy (blush) -- it's actually a lighter brown blush, not a bronzer. It's not dirty or muddy, and it doesn't look out of place on very pale skin (like my own!) when used lightly.

Also -- this is less of a contour, but for general warmth, I love NARS Douceur blush. It's a browned pink shade that, for me, has a similar effect to bronzer on others (i.e. a glowing flush of color) -- and Laura Mercier Wild Bouquet is another nude brown pink shade. 

Since my skin does not tan naturally (even if I wanted it to!), bronze shades look really odd on me. They look great on most people because they mimic the effect of the sun, but since the sun does not have that effect on me, neither do bronzers. A pinky brown blush does, though (in my opinion)! :smileyhappy:

kaye123

I have pale skin too, and I really like Benefit's Hoola Bronzer. It's a lighter color and not too orange. Also, it's matte and blends nicely, so you can get a natural look.

babybear04

I suggest Benefit's Hoola.  It's a soft, matte bronzer and is excellent for contouring.  It definitely won't look mudy either.  Hope this helps and best of luck!

Benefit Cosmetics - Hoola

http://www.sephora.com/hoola-P290636?skuId=513234

queenofcouture

I personally love Burberry Earthy light glow blush as a bronzer! It's perfect for contouring for fair skin. :smileyhappy: You must try it if you have a counter near you!

A cheaper alternative would be NYX's Taupe. 

lylysa

I would suggest using Too Faced's Milk Chocolate Bronzer or MUFE's Sculpting Kit in Shade 1.

MAKE UP FOR EVER - Sculpting Kit
Too Faced - Milk Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzing Powder With Real Cocoa

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • sephoramusthave
    • lylysa
    • ChicDabbler