nolegirl91

Considering a brow product change..

I normally use the Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette but lately I've been considering switching to a brow powder. What's the main difference between pencils and powders?? Any suggestions? Thanks!

SiameseLouise

Re: Considering a brow product change..

Hello! Just wanted to add my two cents because I have a thing about well-groomed brows! I use both brow powder and brow pencil; my current favorites are Maybelline's Ultra-Brow Brush-On Color (powder, of course) and either IT Cosmetics' Brow Power Perfector 5-In-1 Powder Gel Pencil or YBF's Automatic Eyebrow Pencil. Even though I'm brunette, I use the Light Brown shade of powder and the Universal Taupe shade of the IT pencil (YBF's comes in only one shade, Universal Taupe.) Even though I'm brunette, I've found that these lighter shades are much more natural than any of the darker ones. I use the pencil first and then apply the powder over it with an eyeliner brush, then go over my brows with a Colgate child's toothbrush (for blending purposes) that I've had for ages. (It's never been used for toothbrushing purposes! :smileyhappy: This system has worked well for me for the past 12 or so years; it looks natural and wears well until I wash my face at night. In the past I've tried various different powders (even matte eyeshadows) and pencils (including Wet 'N' Wild's taupe eyeliner and--until I couldn't find them any longer--Styli Style's brow pencil) and Mally Beauty's eyebrow kit, which includes brow powder, pencil, and setting powder. It seems to me that, as long as the product colors are believable/natural, my brows have come out looking good.

livemakeup14

I think that powders can give the face a much softer look compared to the harsher effect of pencils. I use MAC espresso eyeshadow as my brow powder, but you can use anything marketed as an "eyebrow powder" or even a powder eyeshadow. Since you're a brunette maybe NARS "coconut grove" might work with you. 

Hope that helped!

-Sisi

check out my blog

www.livelovemakeup14.blogspot.com

jlhiga

I agree. Tarte mousse. You can make it light or dark and lasts all day, like 18 hour day.
christyxcore

I only have tried the Urban Decay Brow Box so far, but it works well for me at the moment. Has two brow powders (dark and light) so you can use either or blend them together. And it comes with brow wax, mini tweezers, and a brush. I do wish it came with a second brush for the wax but it works fine for me at the moment!

melissabt

I could not agree more! Make Up Forever makes a similar product called Aqua Brow. I like that the Tarte one comes with a brush:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
MoreGun89

[ Edited ]

I know it's not what you're looking for, but Tarte's eyebrow mousse seems to be the best thing I've tried for my eyebrows, powders tend to go out of my stencil often and pencils are a little precise, but the mousse gives a really natural definition to the eyebrows and is super easy to use, I definitely recommend it!

beautylovingirl

I definitely think that the Tarte Eyebrow mousse looked really good on you, it made your brows look goood and I think it's a good recommendation.

MoreGun89

Thank you :smileyhappy:

nolegirl91

I totally forgot about that option, but that sounds pretty perfect - especially the natural definition part. I'll definitely look into it. Thanks!

MoreGun89

(0) Hearts

No problem, hope it works out for you ^.^

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 15 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • jlhiga