Cat588

Concert makeup and hair ideas

(0) Hearts

Hey guys!

I'm going to a concert on Wednesday and have VIP/meet and greet with the band. I'm still trying to decide what I should do hair and makeup wise. Help??

The band is pop/rock (they're called Marianas Trench if you want to look them up! :smileyhappy:). I'm wearing a black and white striped shirt, black pants, a scarf with skulls on it and a black leather jacket. I have brown, shoulder length hair with bangs. Blue eyes with black rimmed glasses and I have fair skin.

If you need any other info. let me know! :smileyhappy:

Cat588

Re: Concert makeup and hair ideas

I like your thinking! I was actually leaning towards a cat eye or a smokey eye, but I think a cat eye will have more staying power.

Thanks for the suggestion! :smileyhappy:

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Greats mind think alike! I hope you have fun at the concert and enjoy the meet and greet!

lylysa

With your color and eye color, plus the given environment you'll be in, why not do a defined, clean eye with bold red or even magenta or orange lips?

Since your eyes get to pop behind a very defined frame, rather than overload and add a bunch of weight and product to your lids, keep them clean and subtle, working with soft shades but enhancing the crease, giving clean defined lines, and just focusing on lengthening your lashes to really open up your eyes behind your glasses. 

Lorac's Close Up Real Life to Red Carpet kit gives wonderful tools to complete an eye look from primer, mascara, eye shadow, and liner!

swfupload_4449307800765055048.jpg

It's an incredible deal as the items are full sized. The shadows are soft and easy to work with and the shades are simple but very pretty. The mascara is dual ended with a conditioning primer and the plastic bristle applicators make it possible to avoid clumps and spider lashes. The liner is waterproof and you can play around with even doing a winged or cat eye liner look.

Now, with a bright lip, you may think the look will be high maintainence, and who wants to be checking in a mirror or bathroom at a concert constantly? Well, invest in a long wear or lip stain product to ensure bold, brillant color without all the fussy upkeep!

MUFE's Aqua Rouge in 8 Iconic Red; YSL's Glossy Stains in Rose Tempura or Orange De Chine; Tarte's Matte LipSurgence Stain in Fiery; Stila's LIp & Cheek Stain in Raspberry Crush; or Hourglass' Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Raven are all long wearing, high impact colors you can check out to add a nice pop of color to the black and white outfit you have and also make a nice statement with very little work.

As for your hair, I would say avoid any style where you're going to have to drench your hair in hair spray. Concert venues can get quite warm, and the last thing you need is a style falling flat or curls going limp. Try using a shine mist or smoothing serum to tame frizz and any flyaways but also to give hair a lustrous, healthy shine. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • Cat588
Photos1
  • swfupload_4449307800765055048.jpg