arielaaaaaaaa

Completely Bummed out :(

I ordered the Lorac Cococin Cream Foundation when it was on sale, And i absolutely LOVE it! I had never tried a cream foundation and it looked great on my dry skin! Perfect color match and everything, And then.....

7 hours into wearing it i had little whiteheads all over my face! 

I rarely have reactions to makeup and skincare, but sadly, my face didn't like it! 

I'm bummed out! It was only $20, great coverage and hydrating, and now i have to return it! 

Any recommendations on a cream foundation?

1cros3nail4givn

Re: Completely Bummed out :(

[ Edited ]

CoverFX is awesome also this amazing brand called KAT...just kat lol.

Gossmakeupartist on YouTube does full reviews of all kinds of make up. He seriously knows what he is talking about and he has come out with his own products just recently but still reviews others. Creams are his favorite and KAT is his favorite cream.

However if you like trying before buying KAT is a bit harder to find I'm almost sure it is a British brand and they haven't expanded too much yet do your research and see if there are any in your area I'm pretty sure they have a store locator on their website.

katie1724

[ Edited ]

Have you tried the NARS Cream Foundation? I like it (but still prefer the liquid). It's more expensive, though, and you have to buy a separate compact (which is a bummer). I also second Lylysa's suggestion of Cover FX -- the cream foundation is excellent, and the line was formulated for problem skin types -- acne-prone and those with rosacea, sensitivities, etc. -- so it tends to be tolerated pretty well (not that you have problem skin -- I just mean that it may be less likely to break you out, etc.)

arielaaaaaaaa

Second vote for CoverFx! I'm definitely gonna try it! I'll looks into Nars as well! Thanks for the suggestions! 

Does Sephora give out samples of Cream foundations?? I imagine it wouldn't be sanitary since people can touch it. 

lylysa

Have them mist the top or wipe off with an alcohol soaked sponge, tissue, or pad then get a spatula and scrape some into a little jar.

arielaaaaaaaa

Thanks Lylysa! I will make sure to get a sample when i stop by to return the Lorac! 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

You're welcome, sorry to hear the Lorac broke you out :smileysad:, that's never fun....but shopping for new make up IS fun! :smileyvery-happy:

wendyomgwar

Oh no =( that really sucks!! I hope your skin heals fast!! No recommendations for cream foundations though.

lylysa

Cover FX's Total Cover Cream is no joke, their shade range is incredible and their formula is easy to work with and coverage can be accomplished with no issues.

COVER FX - Total Cover Cream Foundation

sn22

The Laura Mercier silk cream foundation is great! It didn't work for me because I have slightly oily skin, especially in the T-zone. But I did love how it felt on the skin, and if you have drier skin I think it might be perfect.

http://www.sephora.com/silk-creme-foundation-P136022?skuId=899542

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

Thanks, I know a lot of people rave about this! I'll have to try a sample out!

roxystar4

oh no! Im so sorry to hear that arielaaaaaa :smileysad:  Have you tried any of the bobbi brown cream foundations? they have a great color selection

arielaaaaaaaa

Nope i haven't tried anything Bobbi Brown, My SiJCP doesn't carry it, and i usually like to try before buying from a brand that's more expensive. 

But i will keep Bobbi Brown in mind when choosing my next foundation! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 14 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • wendyomgwar
    • lylysa
    • roxystar4
    • sn22