Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Coming Soon - Highlighters

Soo...You may have noticed on our homepage that there's a super special "App-Only Exclusive Early Access" highlighter event happening soon (That's 2/26, to be exact). Well I got my hot little hands on a couple of the products that will be in the event in a meeting today and I *may* have snuck some pics (okay fine I didn't sneak them, I totally took pics and then asked if I could share them with you guys because I love you but I also love my job).

Anyhoo, the Anastasia Nicole Guerriero Glow palette on the left won't be news to any of you, but OMG LOOK AT THE NEW COVER FX CED SHADE (CED=Custom Enhancer Drops). It's called Halo and you guessed it, it's a Holo. I'm. Obsessed. I've swatched it on everyone within a 5 foot radius and it's legit, you guys. 

Both of these pretties will for sale in the app-exclusive early access event on 2/26, so get ready. Meanwhile I may have pocketed the Cover FX drops* so I'll be coming to work tomorrow SHININ'.

highlighters.jpg

*okay fine, I didn't pocket the drops, they gave them to me because I swooned. Again, I like my job and I've never stolen so much as stamp in my life. xo 

Re: Coming Soon - Highlighters

Interesting that Champagne Pop is your go to since what you're looking for is something less intense!  I find that one to be one of the most BAM in your face highlighters out of many I have tried! 

I think youll love the pressed cover fx moonstone highlighter though. Its nothing crazy but gives a lovely glow! @AMK721

LOL @sabrinas Champagne pop is the only highlighter I have and yes it's BAM, so that's why I'm looking for one that is more subtle 🙂 

I have too many highlighters to count and I totally get what you're saying @AMK721. For work, I use either Tom Ford Moodlight which has a bit more grown up shimmer, or MUFE's Golden highlighter. Both are the gelled formula and are a bit more low key. I'm wondering if maybe a liquid would be nice for you. They tend to be a bit more toned down. Maybe the new MJ Coconut one? 

@AMK721,  @Tamara76,

I'm so interested in this discussion!  I just want to have a subtle "lit from within natural glow" but not a shimmer, shine, glitter or explosive effect in the sunlight. What does Champagne Pop do on you?

Exactly @trishavt Champagne Pop is too intense for me so I haven't been wearing any highlighter.  You described what I am thinking... having nice glow, not disco ball.  A little shimmer would be ok.  I have a huge window in my office so on a sunny day I don't want to blind people lol.

@tsavorite  It depends on how much you use - you can make it really pop or tone it down a little by mixing with blush.  Also, you can brush some setting powder over it to tone it down.

I, personally, have no qualms wearing an ever so slight obvious highlight to work using champagne pop.  Most people I work with are older men or women who aren't too much into makeup, so they will comment that I look younger or I'm glowing, but I don't think they really notice or realize that it's highlighter.  😊

@AMK721. As an "over 20" woman, myself 😉, I have found that you can easily tone down highlighters for the office.  For example, you can mix the liquid highlighters into your foundation for a lovely "lit from within" natural glow.  You can also blend a small amount of powder highlight into your blush for a more subtle effect.  Personally, I rock the obvious highlighter look with no shame - I just stick to gold/rose gold at work and save the more mermaidy colors for my downtime. ❤️

In keeping with Tamara76's theme, I mix liquid highligher (Becca Skin Perfector) into my sunscreen on non-makeup days for a pretty glow with no effort. About 1 small drop per face-sized dollop of sunscreen works for me, any more and it looks like I'm sweaty.

Love the idea of mixing highlight with blush!  Thanks @Tamara76!

I might have to step up my game and try some new things lol.  I work, go to the gym, then come home and make dinner.  I guess I could get fancy for dinnertime lol.

LOL!  Good luck!  BTW Your skin already looks quite glowy and lovely in your avatar pic - you may not need too much highlight! 😊  @AMK721

if you can score the ABH Gleam kit it is awesome for "not 20" skin. I easily wear it to the office.

Thanks @Insomniacmuffin good to know.  My new office has a large window so I'm in a lot of natural light which I love so I need something not too overpowering.

Does anyone know if the exclusive launch is for all four, the cover fx, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Marc jacobs, and the urban decay?  Or will the Marc jacobs and urban decay still be available tomorrow and thereafter?  I'm trying to decide if I need to buy them all today but I'd like to wait for a decent promo (or for the eyepick2 to actually be working).

@sarahshter If my memory is correct, I think it said for 48 hours? I would imagine (guessing) that all the items would be available for the 48 hours or until sold out. I would also assume they would then be officially released on the website. HTH!

I was going to try to hold out but who am I kidding, I'm not that strong!  

Yay!  @veronika23  I am so glad you got the links - that was the first thing I thought about after scoring my highlights, but it was 3 a.m. and my brain was not fully awake -  I hope you were able to snag everything you wanted.  💗

BTW - I totally understand about your Blackberry - I used to have  a company issued bb and I loved it soooo much! I was so sad when they issued us iPhones a while back - I still miss it!

@Tamara76that's alright! 🙂  Yes just Halo for now. Although the missing UD shade skywalk sounds cool. 🙂

My brother had BB's for years and I never got it... it wasn't for me... but when they came out with the Z10 I decided to switch from a Samsung phone. OMG it's the best! So underrated. I am pretty pissed that only 2 companies have the monopoly of things. People don't realize that by having a monopoly we loose. There needs to be more competition. I don't think they make the Z10 anymore (unsure though) but I don't want to switch... like this is the best phone I ever had even if I don't get all the apps.. Honestly I don't need them anyway 😄

So tempted by Marc Jacobs. Have there been any swatches? :S 

@Asche  I don't think so... I've seen lots of new product pics but I don't think I've seen swatches...  It's like the UD ones... no swatches... you would think they'd hype it up.

@veronika23 You would think so! I hate buying things without seeing swatches first. 

Conversation Stats
Photos11
  • highlighters.jpg
  • IMG_0319.GIF
  • halo.jpg
  • 1c7b7cc678935773c8e76dc13ee7b053.jpg
  • IMG_2292.PNG
  • Savebythebellexcited2.gif
  • IMG_0342.JPG
  • IMG_2381.JPG
  • IMG_2385.JPG
  • 02-ABH-NG-2.jpg