Cheer14

Clinique stay matte vs. MUFE mat velvet

I recently purchased MUFE mat velvet for my oily/acne prone skinned and it doesn't provide much cover and the way it dries on my skin you can see the makeup on top of the skin. I am thinking about returning for clinique stay matte or at least going to sample the clinique. Has anyone tried both or one of them and have any feedback? Thanks

veritabelle

Re: Clinique stay matte vs. MUFE mat velvet

(0) Hearts

Honestly,  I think a foundation should work well and as advertised without the use of another product.  If the only way it will look great on your skin is with a primer, then you should find a better product (or a product that will work well on it's own).  I do understand the necessity of a primer, and my philosophy is to use a primer when needing coverage for longer periods of time, but it shouldn't be needed in order to make another product actually do what it says.  

The reason I say this is 1. price points on two products instead of one 2. I have acne prone skin and I hate the feel of layering products over my current break outs,

So- if you are having little luck with MUFE then try Clinique.  I love their Perfectly Real make up.  Great coverage and my face feels semi-matte.  

I really don't mean to sound negative, but just a different perspective on primers and foundation from a frugal woman. 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

By chance do you use a foundation primer and if so, which one?

Often time matte finish foundations give medium to fuller coverage on initial application, but can also dry down to a cakey look if skin isn't properly prepped with skin care and primer, thus looking more visible to the eye.

Cheer14

(0) Hearts

I used to use too faced primer but the sephora consultant helping me said I didn't need to use it with the new serum that I bought. Maybe I should try it with my primer?

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Definitely try it with a primer, serums don't have the same consistency as primers do and target different things like actual skin care needs rather than make up prep.

From my experience, Clinique's formulas are much lighter in comparison to MUFE, so if you're wanting fuller coverage, MUFE would be the best bet out of the two. If you want another option, Tarte's Amazonian Clay foundation or Kat Von D's Lock It foundation are good ways to go, they offer full coverage with matte finishes. The Tarte one has the Amazonian clay factor to help mattify and control shine/oil.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • veritabelle
    • lylysa
    • Cheer14