bowlofmushypeas

Cleaning blush

(0) Hearts

Does anyone know if and how to clean blushes? Sometimes, I don't do the best remembering to clean my makeup brushes and I worry that over time, bacteria builds in the actual blush or foundations themselves. I still have a bit left of my wonderful Nars blush duo, but would love to rest assure that it's clean!! 

roxystar4

Re: Cleaning blush

(0) Hearts

after a while sometimes a hard film will form on the surface of a blush, if you use your blush brush after putting it on your face (other products, facial oils get back into your blush).

I like to swipe my blush with a tissue every few weeks to clean this up. this isn't anti-baterial (drrragon had a great response for killing bacteria).

bowlofmushypeas

(0) Hearts

BLUSH!!! I clean my brushes regularly. I'm wondering how to clean  the actual blush itself because you'd think that could build up bacteria also. Since I'm not perfect at cleaning my brushes, I'm sure there's times where a dirty brush has touched the blush.

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

that's what i thought...I was getting confused

onomotopoeia9

(0) Hearts

but my post might be confusing - because I use brush disinfectant on my blush

drrragon

LOL I was confused too whether you meant blush or brush.  For powders like blush or eyeshadow you can spritz them with rubbing alcohol which will kill any bacteria.  It won't harm the texture of the powder.

bowlofmushypeas

(0) Hearts

Awesome! Thanks that's useful to know!

onomotopoeia9

wait - did you mean blush or brush??

kenny

(0) Hearts

I spot clean with alcohol on face brushes and any brushes I used for cream or liquid products. This is important to help sanitize especially since I have acne prone skin. And I deep clean every week or so with a mild soap.

onomotopoeia9

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

This might be bad for some, but I spray mine with the sephora daily brush cleanser, and then wipe off the top layer with a cotton pad or a tissue. Of course, I dont do that every day, or I would run out in no time -- just once in a while, so my makeup feels sanitary and refreshed :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • kenny
    • drrragon
    • roxystar4
    • onomotopoeia9
    • bowlofmushypeas