mytreasure1992

Choosing a concealer... HELP!

I'm 21 years old and I break out easily..l hate wearing too much foundation and concealer, but sometimes I have to because I'm having a bad break out day! What's a good concealer that won't suffocate my skin, but will help hide the blemishes??

Musicmuse234

Re: Choosing a concealer... HELP!

(0) Hearts

I recently switched from a Make Up Forever foundation to the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation because I was feeling like I was using so much makeup to cover my breakouts. I must say, the Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation is the best foundation I have ever used! It feels light on my skin and I don't have to use much of it to cover up. It is also nice because you can apply a small amount and get some coverage but if it's a bad break out day you can apply more without it feeling like too much. Tarte is also a company that uses more natural products in their makeup which is a plus! I use it with the Tarte Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation brush and it is AMAZING! It apply's the foundation so evenly! I definitely recommend both the foundation and the brush. 

killerteeth

(0) Hearts

Hi there! OCC's Skin Conceal is a really good option, as is the Urban Decay 24/7 conceal pencil.  Whatever you use, don't forget to set it with a little bit of powder (I like the Kat Von D pressed powder, as well as the NYX HD powder). If you're having a bad breakout day, if possible, when you go home immediately take off  your makeup and dab a little bit of tea tree oil only on your blemishes. It smells weird, but it's a natural antiseptic. I had pretty severe acne for years, and I found this to be the best thing to make my blemishes disappear faster.

oh yeah-- DON'T PICK YOUR FACE.

Sorry for getting all mom on you.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

If you're looking for a concealer to specifically use on blemishes that will aid in treating them while covering, Murad and Clinique have options. Murad's comes in a stick form, making it easy to carry on the go for those times when a new, pesky blemish pops up while the Clinique is liquid, allowing for more gradual build up if needed. I find that the Murad one works real well because the opacity is fuller so a little goes a long way and allows quick coverage without having to work with it too much. 

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • killerteeth
    • lylysa
    • mytreasure1992
    • Musicmuse234