Mollycj

Cheerleading Makeup

Hey so I'm a cheerleader and I was wondering what are some good makeup looks or products that would look good for cheering at games?

7nicole3

Re: Cheerleading Makeup

(0) Hearts

I used to be a cheerleader and it was great becuase my school colors were red and gold, so I would ALWAYS where really red lipstick, which I love! Also just some false lashes and just a bit of of blush. I dont know what your school colors are but if there is red then... :smileytongue:

lilmissmodel14

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I'm currently a dancer and cheerleader in HS, I would def tell you red lips eyeliner and lashes are a must! 

glossyguru

All of my friends are cheerleaders, so I think I know the type of look that you are going for. Like BlushHoarder said, you need to exaggerate your features. In addition to more eyeliner and brighter lips, I would also go heavy on mascara (consider false lashes), and depending on what you're comfortable with, blush. Just make sure that everything is long wearing and will survive and weather conditions. 

pearlgirl7

(0) Hearts

Oh yess...false lashes are an excellent idea. I can't beleive I forgot to bring that up. I always wore false lashes on stage. And winged eyeliner is also a good idea - I would suggest a decently thick line when you are performing so it shows up to more than your fellow cheerleaders. Also, for the lipstick...I don't have any good suggestions for you because I am more of a nude/light pink gloss kind of a girl these days. However, do some test runs of whatever lipstick you choose, even if it is just working up a sweat in your house. I remember one time on stage I used a lipstick that didn't have good staying power (don't remember the brand anymore) and it looked terrible by the time I got off stage.

BlushHoarder

(0) Hearts

I agree with Pearlgirl7. I was a dancer in high school and this is what I recall.  If there are no specifications from your coach, etc, I would actually suggest exaggerated makeup. Wear makeup that emphasizes your facial features (more eyeliner than normal, a bit stronger lipstick.

This is because you will be at a distance and your facial expressions need to come through strong.

pearlgirl7

(0) Hearts

Hi mollycj! I am surprised your coach doesn't specify the makeup look she wants all of you to wear. I was never a cheerleader, but as a competitve dancer and gymnast, I was always told what I could and couldn't wear. I

would say long wearing makeup is your best bet (waterproof would be great). Also, whenever I was on stage I would wear brighter shades than normal so I didn't look washed out by the lights. You might want to consider some deeper colors than you would normally wear on your cheeks and eyes. I really like Tarte products. I would check out their long-wearing blush and foundation. I'm not sure how long their eye shadows and mascara last though. 

Mollycj

(0) Hearts

Thanks! And I do have a good long wearing foundation (MUFE Mat Velvet) but I was thinking of trying false lashes (maybe even for everyday use) and winged liner, and maybe even so pink lips.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • pearlgirl7
    • 7nicole3
    • lilmissmodel14
    • Mollycj
    • BlushHoarder
    • glossyguru