Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

Chanel Les Tissages blush (both colors) and the Plise Lumiere highlighter in stock at Nordstrom.

blush.JPG

@mrsbaineyou had this on unicorn thread

My SA at Von Maur got in a shipment of Plisse Lumiere highlighters and a small batch of the tweed blushes. PM me if you'd like her contact info. Shipping is free and she's great about samples as well if you're interested in trying out something.

*I want to mention that I do not get anything from you calling her. She's just a great SA and she works on commission so I can help her out and help you ladies get what you want it's a win win*

Hahaha my pleasure 🙂

Image result for big bang theory memes

I was wondering if anyone has the Le Crayon Yeux in Vert Eden or Deep Purple.  I haven't been able to find any swatches online for those.  thank you!

My Chanel cream eye shadows come today. From L to R: Rouge Brûlée, Terre Brulee, Pourpre Profond. Last picture: L to R: Tom Ford Platinum, Rouge Brûlée, Terre Brulee, Pourpre Profond, Tom Ford Spice. 

IMG_0788.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

IMG_0789.JPG

@blackkitty2014  I'm so excited you posted these!  I like the Chanel ones better than I expected.

@Ispend2much6 I hope the swatches are somewhat useful to you. They are a bit firmer than the one from last year (Rouge Brûlée) but are still build able and layer up nicely. I swatched them (2-3 swipes) with that brush from the first picture. The Tom Ford ones are more pigmented (1 swipe only) 😉

@blackkitty2014  Thank you.  It kind of concerns me because now they are sounding more like Burberry's cream shadows, which are beautiful, but are kind of crumbly.

FYI chanel 268 candeur et expérience and the eyeliner Eros from last season (glorious reds!!) available at some stores now.

I've noticed when you select Eros, it doesn't say "Limited" anymore, at both Chanel direct and Nordies. I'm sure it was limited edition last year because I have a screenshot of it. It seems they made it permanent! Yayyyy 😄

Spoiler
Last year:
Chanel.png
Today:
chanel eros update.png

Well I'm glad, because there's nothing like it!

Stopped by my local counter at lunch

Sunlight:

IMG_1883.JPG

Indoor Light:

IMG_1884.JPG

Top row: Verde, Titane, Undertone, Silver Pink, Noir Petrole

Middle row: Poudre D'or, Talpa, Vibrant Violet, Desert Rouge, Pourpre Profund, Obscur

Bottom row: Scintillance, Bronze Antique, Rose Synthetique, Flesh, Terre Brûlée 

Things that surprised me - the texture of the creams. I know they said they changed the formula, but it was firmer and denser than I expected.  Also, the powders (for the most part) were a lot more pigmented than I was anticipating. The metallics were also a lot flashier than I thought Chanel would go for.

I ordered a few last night and mostly I was confirming that I chose well.  There were a few shades I'd been curious about that didn't end up working (Noir Petrole was really sheer and patchy, Titane was too silvery) but there were a few I hadn't considered that I am now.  Rose Synthetique in the pan doesn't look like my speed, but on the skin it had an interesting blue flash to the undertone.  

I went to my local counter in the US today. Below are my initial thoughts:

I tried Pourpre Profond and Silver Pink in the cream shadows. The formula feels bouncy and powdery. The MUA applied Silver Pink with the brush that comes with it and using a pressing motion (vs.swiping); it looked like a taupey-silver on my eye lids. Talpa was layered on top, to recreate one of the looks on Chanel.com. The combination looked dark silvery (not brownish taupe as seen on Chanel.com); it was patchy on one eye. Fixing that at home caused both shadows on that eye to come off. This didn't happen when I added a shadow from a different brand in the crease. I found Silver Pink dry on my eyelids. Talpa on its own has little to no pigmentation on my eye lids after a few layers. Talpa is going back; possibly Silver Pink, too.

Pourpre Profond cream shadow is a stunner, and even more so when layered with another shade (I used the red shade from CT's Dolce Vita quad). It felt comfortable on the eye. The counter has not received Desert Rouge yet.

Overall, I'm not in love but open to trying another cream shadow, maybe in a lighter shade or pick up an Illusion d'Ombre. I was told Chanel is keeping the top 4 best selling Illusion d'Ombres, including New Moon and Mirage.

For the Canadian ladies, I got confirmation from the Queen St store that the counter will indeed have Ombre Premiere on 6/2 and there is an event 6/8-10 with a national artist.

The new collection is online at The Bay. Based on my experience, I'd check out in person. What applied well on the back of my hand looked very difference on my eyelids. Looking forward to hearing what you think!

Swatches from Ommorphia.  Seems they are coming on counter on 6/2

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 5.36.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-25 at 5.36.16 PM.png

and she did a few comparisons to old Illusion d'Ombre:

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 5.36.28 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-25 at 5.36.37 PM.png

When I was home in Winnipeg a few weeks ago, my Shoppers opened their brand new, completely renovated Beauty Boutique and they're now carrying Chanel (as well as new releases in brands they normally carry, like Guerlain). They are holding a beauty event in early June and the Bay is holding one in mid-June to coincide with the eyeshadow launch. So your timing is spot on! I'll check out my local counter here in the US next week to see what's in.

@Mochapj, are there Illusion D'Ombres that are worth buying before they disappear? I've heard New Moon is the fan favourite and I can see why by the swatches.

@TraceyEB one of the Shoppers close to me carries Chanel and it's always such a treat to go in and redeem Optimum points for makeup 😄

In terms of the Illusion d'Ombres, I have a few.  My personal faves are the ones that came out last summer (Rouge Brûlée and Contraste) for the AW16 collection but in terms of what's still available from the permanent line I really like Illusoire.  

Appreciate the recommendations, @Mochapj. Illusoire looks intriguing! I'm kicking myself for missing Rouge Brule, though I love the eyeshadow palette, eyeliners, and lipsticks from that collection. Looking forward to a stroll past my local Chanel counter this week to see this new collection in person.

Here's the entire AW lineup

IMG_1546.PNG

1 Reply
testing