Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Chanel Updates

Share some pics, news, what are your 'must haves' for Chanel releases coming up?

Share your Chanel finds, reviews and loves!

Re: Chanel Updates

So has anyone else tried he Chanel Blue serum yet?  I got a DS from Lord & Taylor and I expected it to be similar to Sunday Riley Luna Oil and to actually be blue.

I just used my sample and was shocked that the serum is actually white!   However, I loved the texture and my skin felt very silky after I used it.   I donmt hink he DS Inreceived is large enough to see major anti-aging results, but I plan to use the whole tube!  🙂

@Tamara76  I've been testing the Blue Serum too for the past month, but haven't noticed any significant changes yet.  The one thing that I really like about it though is the softening effect after applying.  It seems to keep my skin well-moisturized all day too (thank goodness).  Hopefully we'll both see some good results once we're finished with the product! 🙂 

@Mesmarian I've finished my sample and I think the effects were subtle, but I agree it left my skin very soft/moisturized.   I don't think I'll purchase it anytime soon, as I have other products I need to finish up first.  I think the Sublimage line provided more dramatic results when I was using it, but it is awfully pricey!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! 

I did not feel the ingredients were suitable for my sensitive rosacea skin. Alcohol was really up there on the ingredient list, maybe even the second ingredient if I recall correctly.

@Winthrop44  That's too bad!  I will check the ingredients more carefully before I purchase this in the future.

Comparison swatch: 

Camelia de Chanel vs VBxEL Modern Mercury vs Plisse Lumiere

IMG_7050.JPG

My heart aches for MM😭

Theyre all so prettyyy

@StephaniLynn same! So sad I didn't get MM!  I hope when the new VB collection releases that it will be a part of it! Anyone hear when this may be?!

It IS coming back in a March release. Details on "The Estee Lauder" BT thread. A few favorites returning plus a new lipstick and lighter bronzer.

Thanks for the swatch @Mochapj.

I am waiting for Plisse Lumiere to come and I don't have the others but I am excited as it looks like it will be a nice highlight on me.

Anonymous Insider

@MochapjModern Mercury gives me all the feels

aaagh that Plisse lumiere is so pretty!!!

(must resist the pretty)

I went to the Chanel counter on my lunch break and swatched the Plisse Lumiere..

I didn't love it. 

When I see your swatch it looks like a glimmery sheen of color that will make me look like a princess and all my magical dreams will come true...

When I swatch it.. it looked like a glitter fairy's skid mark after an all-you-can-eat sparkle contest. 

*cry*

If there is any consolation ... it is good for your and my no/low-buy 😉

Les Beiges - May 2017 - Nordstrom/NM/Chanel Boutiques

Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 9.42.28 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-31 at 9.45.04 AM.png

Did anyone get either or both tweed effect blush duos? Coralline looks so pretty in the pan but very light in swatches. I wonder if it will show on medium skin tone.

@fatimamummy the woman whose swatches I posted below is an NC35, for reference 😉

Cool @Mochapj then it will show on me as well 😋

I bought both blushes and I am probably around an NC30 in MAC and asian. I found both to swatch very pigmented - I needed to use a light hand with my brush. They are both very beautiful. Hope this helps!

Thank you @juujubez good to know these are so pigmented.

Swatches of a few things from the blog indigo kir royale 

IMG_6907.PNGIMG_6908.JPG

testing