sheekchick

Can you wear both bronzer and blush at the same time?

I wear bronzer all over my face and don't follow the "3" motion that is most usually taught on how to apply your bronzer.  I found an amazing colour of blush I love and want to wear it, but my skin is so pale I need the bronzer is there a way I can wear bronzer and the blush or this a makeup no no?

Cosmeticphile

Re: Can you wear both bronzer and blush at the same time?

(0) Hearts

A lot of companies sell blush and bronzer duos, so yes you can absolutely wear them at the same time!  I wear a bronzer and blush each day to wake up my blah skin.  I put the blush over the bronzer.

onomotopoeia9

I contour with bronzer and highlight and put just a bit of blush in between to blend the look.

As long as you don't put on too much blush, you are fine.

And I agree with prettyinpa that you should stick with a powder blush.

*I find that the sephora antibacterial fan brush works best for this

prettyinpa

I like blush and bronzer at the same time, it really perks up my face on days I feel blah. I just go lightly with the blush as Lylysa says, it's more to look like a healthy flush, you don't really want to see a whole lot of color there. Powder blush works better for me if I want to wear both as it can go on really light. If I use cream blush the rubbing in to spread it thin enough can disturb the bronzer layer underneath.

If you get too much blush on, you can lighten the effect with a fine swath of translucent powder, so you don't have to remove everything and start over (great for when you have an oops and are in a rush).

lylysa

You can totally wear bronzer with blush!

Since you're worried about it being too much for your fair skin, the key is application and technique rather than the color used at hand.

Try using a fan brush or a stippling brush to apply your blush or bronzer as to not overload the skin. Fan and stippling brushes only pick up a fine amount of product and distribute it in a soft and delicate manner compared to using traditional blush brushes or even angled brushes.

Too Faced, Sephora, and Smashbox make some of my favorite varieties for these brush types.

Check out this diagram I put together that also shows two methods of blush application that you can decide upon if you want the more traditional route or something more subtle and will bring out your facial structure.

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup/experimenting-with-new-makeup-ideas/m-p/416325#M1078

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • lylysa
    • onomotopoeia9
    • sheekchick
    • Cosmeticphile