EmilyDoer

Can makeup make me less ugly?

(0) Hearts

I'm very unattractive as it is now, plus very fat. Please help!

004.png

MoreGun89

Re: Can makeup make me less ugly?

TL;DR Give that chick some confidence, chicks love confidence!

poemelyric

It's sad that you feel that way.  Make up isn't a cure all...  If you're ugly on the inside, make up isn't going to help you.  What makes you beautiful is who you are and not what you look like.  If you feel bad about yourself, it's not going to get any better.  Have a positive attitude and people will pay attention.  If you don't feel pretty on the inside, then no amount of make up will help.  BTW, I'm full figured and fabulous!

emmaclaire

Your last line... I think I might love you!

WhereYouStand

makeup isn't the place you should be looking for advice on self esteem however obviously your reaching out for help even if you don't know it. somewhere inside you, as wonky as it sounds you have been lead to believe by others or by a facet within yourself that you are not beautiful. but everyone is beautiful. and some part inside of you needs to hear that right now. so..You are beautiful which is true and sometimes other people telling you is what you need. just reme3mber  the inside projects the outter shell so the more you let yourself know you are good and beautiful the more you will tend to glow with esteem you need to recognize your own self worth. you need to prove your own worth to yourself before you tend to prove yourself to others. makeup is fun but it is used for other reasons don't use it as a false projection use it once you have confidence otherwise you'll feel outlandish uncomfortable and out of place. that's my opinon I hope it helps and not hinders. right now surround yourself with friends, family and people who don't beat you down. keep everyone else out of that circle. buck up and enjoy life we create our own beauty not makeup I love makeup it is an enhancer when you are already walking with confidence not a be all end all to emotional trauma.

emmaclaire

I'm confident that you're just posting this to get a rise out of the forum, and the ONLY reason I'm even adding to this ridiculous thread is because I want to address something.  Weight and beauty are in NO WAY related.  It's terrible to see how many women of all ages, backgrounds, and walks of life have been fed this nonsense for so long that they feel like being bigger or fat is ugly or bad.

Fat is natural.  Everyone has fat.  Some people prefer to have minimal fat, some people don't care, some people prefer being rounder - yes, fatter!  Bodies are beautiful no matter what they look like.  Until we accept that and believe that, women and girls are not going to be able to appreciate the millions of incredible and miraculous things their bodies do.

So that's my rant, and I guess congratulations - you got me to respond and speak passionately.  I'm assuming that was your goal.

onomotopoeia9

Great points emmaclaire!

kissXmakeup

Very well said!! (:

kd006

Very nice message. <3

MintShake

Nobody's ugly. I bet you're beautiful, but if you're so concerned, what makeups are you looking for? 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 35 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • emmaclaire
    • poemelyric
    • MoreGun89
    • onomotopoeia9
    • MintShake
    • kd006