kso1225

Bye Bye Under Eye creasing?

(0) Hearts

Does anyone else here use Bye Bye Under Eye? I absolutely love this concealer because it has such a brightening effect on my face, but it is probably one of the worst I've ever used as far as creasing goes. I really don't want to give up on it because otherwise I'm completely in love with it.  I've tried primers and they do help but it still creases.  I've tried setting powders too but they make my under eye area look dry and make it obvious I'm wearing makeup, which I don't like.

Does anyone have any advice? I think I may be doing something wrong in general because I usually get creases no matter what i use, it's just that Bye Bye is particularly bad. Is there a primer that helps more for the under eye area?  Or a setting powder that doesn't look dry under the eye? 

I do have the Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener on the way and that might give me the effect I'm looking for. I don't have very dark circles to cover, just a little discoloration.

BuxomBabe80

Re: Bye Bye Under Eye creasing?

(0) Hearts

Here's the steps I follow and it never has creased on me:

1. Apply my normal moisturizer.
  2. Apply Tarte's Maracuja C-Brighter under my eyes.
  3. Prime my entire face with Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer or Benefit the POREfessional.
  4. Apply a tiny amount of the Bye Bye Undereye and smooth out with a tapered brush.
  5. Then set with ELF Studio HD Undereye Setting Powder.

You also can take the tip of a damp beauty blender and roll it gently under the eye to remove excess product. But I personally prefer to use a brush or my finger.

nishcakes

(0) Hearts

I've used It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye. I have oily skin. Yes, the concealer is brightening, but it creases like a mother. It's not you. It's the product. I think it has to do with the consistency.

I switched to Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer. Works well! For brightening with Tarte, just go a shade lighter. I vote to say bye bye to Bye Bye Under Eye.

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=TARTE%20Maracuja%20Creaseless%20Concealer%2...

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

I am in agreement with prior suggesitions! It takes truly a tiny amount--like, the size of a glass seed bead. I put my fingertips together to let it warm up, then starting at the inner corners (by the bridge of my nose) I press the product into the corners and work my way out, tapping and patting with my fingers. This product is thick, and I don't think it works well to apply it with anything like a brush or even the beauty blender.  It definitely isn't the kind that can be swiped on with the applicator and then blended. I would start wtih just a tiny amount and set with any powder. Sometimes I use a translucent powder, sometimes I use a pressed or loose mineral powder. Good luck--don't give up!!

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

I squirt the teeny tiniest drop on my finger tip and rub it together to warm up the product. I pat it under my eyes. Wait a few minutes and then tap again to remove any excess that settled into my fine lines. Setting optional. Lately I've been setting with my Elf blush brush and Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder in Incandescent light.  I also like the Elf Under eye setting powder.

carrieloulou

I apply like suggested below. It only takes a tiny bit.  I use Too Faced translucent powder to set.  It seems to work better if I pat on the powder with the puff, rather than using a brush. I don't get a lot of creasing, but it doesn't have the staying power of my Nars concealer.  

kso1225

(0) Hearts

I'll try a puff with a translucent powder...that sounds like it would work better than the brush I've been using.

lylysa

[ Edited ]

You can also try applying a finishing powder with a light hand and the use of a fan brush which applies powders much more fine and delicate than traditional powder/fluffy brushes.

Smashbox makes an undereye primer that's real emollient to hydrate undereyes to cut down on creasing and helps products apply and wear more even and smooth.

TrysBeautyItems

How are you applying BBUE?

If you're not already, try rubbing a bit in between two fingers, to warm it up since it is thick, then lightly pat under the eye.

kso1225

(0) Hearts

I've been using a beauty blender.  My room that I put my makeup on in is pretty warm so I haven't had a problem with the texture since the weather has warmed up.  I'm wondering if maybe I'm using too much.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • roxystar4
    • kso1225
    • carrieloulou
    • TrysBeautyItems
    • nishcakes