Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Burberry Beauty Updates

IMG_0979.JPG

Capture.JPG

In the vein of the recent Tom Ford Updates and Chanel Updates threads, I thought I would start one for Burberry! I think they have had a ton of great releases recently (new eye shadow formula, kisses lippies). Burberry is one of the most consistently good designer lines in my opinion.

what items have you liked recently from Burberry? Anything you are waiting for or have your eye on?

edit: latest runway palettes

Re: Burberry Beauty Updates

OMG That is great news! I missed that quad and regretted it so much!

Ahhh it's so pretty! I want it... But idk if I should 

Is this the one from last year? 

Agree it looks exactly like last year. The color was actually kind of grey in real life (I thought) and the scent overwhelming. I returned it. I am all for buying an expensive beauty item just to admire but this really wasn't worth it. 

It does seem to be a repeat from Holiday 2014.  But this one is on pre-order. They could, at least, have a new pattern on the powder, right? 

I guess I'm not too disappointed, I regretted not getting it last time! I wonder if Sephora will have it

I got a sample of the Burberry Cashmere foundation yesterday from Nordies.  I tried it today.  My very preliminary (and incomplete)  thoughts:

- I picked up #38 Warm Honey.  #42 Camel was actually lighter and greyer.  #43 Almond was downright orange and much darker.  And these are all consecutive shades.  So I see a lot of jump in shades.

- I thought the Warm Honey was a tad lighter than my skin tone.  I use very little foundation, so sometimes one can't tell.  But I felt it was too light.  It was cloudy and dark today, so outside light was poor, and indoor lighting is not accurate.  I will try again later this week and let you know.

- How did the foundation wear?  Well...I can say it didn't wear any worse than other foundations I like.  But I can't say if it fared better becasue I was on the bloody phone all day and then was in the car shop.  I will come back to this.

- The colour selection in my skin tone range is not as good as I though it would be

The old Sheer foundation in Trench #10 is such a good colour for me.  But they have reformulated this line and made it into "Fresh Glow" and all the shade names are now different too.  Thankfully I bought a backup, but I am annoyed that the names and colours are no longer as convenient.

I swear we must be twins! I was matched to 43, and looked like a different person when I stepped out in sunlight. 42 looked grey on my forehead and 38 seemed like the closest!

Update:  I have sunlight today, so I am wearing Cashmeer foundation again today.

- I compared the shade Trench #10 in my beloved Sheer Foundation to #38 Warm Honey in the Cashmere foundation.  They look very much alike.  But I found Trench #10 to be a great match for me, but the Cashmere feels a bit light.  So here is what I think is going on:

The Sheer foundation is sheer(!), so it blends into your skin and pretty much mimics the tone.  The Cashmere is a bit heavier coverage I think, so I can tell more easily if the shade isn't a spot on match.

- I wore a very very tiny amount of foundation today.  I think if I wear Cashmere, I will do this.  Apparently it works nicely on oily skin.  Testing foundation for suitability in Fall/winter is a bummer cuz my skin is less oily anyway.  Oh well.

- The shade variation and jump that I talked about in my previous post is still true.  There is a lot of change between consecutive shades in my skin tone range. 

I found 38 (in the Fresh Glow) to be the closest match too, but it still wasn't as close as I would've liked. And whoa fragrance - I got a headache the first time I applied it. And my sample started smelling 'off' in a few days. Needless to say, it put me off Burberry's foundations for a while (even though I really love the brand and the super friendly retail SAs). I don't know if you're open to other brands, but I trial'd Bobbi Brown's Intensive Skin Serum Foundation (Warm Honey) for a while, and ended up making a full size purchase. I've used my fingers, the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, and a beauty blender - all of these worked really well, and I only needed a couple of drops for my entire face. I also add in a little bit of Burberry's Nude Radiance to the Bobbi Brown foundation and got compliments on my 'healthy glowy' skin that day :p. 

I have been wondering about this. Thanks for sharing your experience. I am surprised that the color selection ended up being poor, I expected better from Burberry. I will have to check out the lighter shades and see if there is a similar issue. 

The mini beauty box is back in stock!

Has anybody tried the new Cashmere foundation?

If so....what do you think? 

I haven't tried it yet but have been eyeing it as well...

FYI, I stopped by my local Sephora today, and they have Burberry in store now! First display when you walk in.

Even more intriguing was that there was an empty space for a holiday palette!

Hoping that lace highlighter makes an appearance soon. I'm going to be all kinds of shiny this holiday season :D!

I saw at Saks maybe that the Gold collection from last year was in pre sale again. 

Also - hopefully them going in stores means that the mini beauty box will come back in stock or be available in store as well?

The burberry beauty box restocked today on the canadian site finally.

So maybe it should for u.s too just keep checking your loves list. 

Yep, I saw it available last night on the website...but they are out of stock already 😮

Good question - I missed the mini box online, and it doesn't have an "e-mail me on restock" option, so I'd imagine we missed it. I was looking for it in the store and didn't see it, but I was distracted by all of the other Burberry things they *did* have!

Although, I think we sacrificed our Bite display for the Burberry...

I missed it too and check my loves every day.  I called customer service and they said they weren't sure - you are right - I think we've missed it.  Guess this means I will have to find it in a store this fall and buy allll of the things!

Interesting about bite -I have heard they are coming out of some stores as well, which is shame as the site doesn't do the pictures justice.  

1,078 Replies
testing