Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Burberry Beauty Updates

IMG_0979.JPG

Capture.JPG

In the vein of the recent Tom Ford Updates and Chanel Updates threads, I thought I would start one for Burberry! I think they have had a ton of great releases recently (new eye shadow formula, kisses lippies). Burberry is one of the most consistently good designer lines in my opinion.

what items have you liked recently from Burberry? Anything you are waiting for or have your eye on?

edit: latest runway palettes

Re: Burberry Beauty Updates

It looks very pretty on your skin tone @greenchilli I gives me Nars Isadora vibes. Are they close enough?

Such a pretty colour on you @greenchilli! Thanks for the swatch.

@Anewxa

As I turned my wrist/arm, it would look more pink or more plum.  A nice little blush...unique and pretty enough to make it worthwhile to me.

For anyone interested in the Military Red liquid lip velvet!

IMG_0683.JPG

That shade looks so good on you!

I have to say that I really like the Burberry Silk and Bloom blush. In some lights, it looks pinkish plum on me and in other lights it looks peach. Wow. I didn't see any shimmer either but I know it was there because matte blushes just don't work for me nowadays.

This does have enough plum to it though that I found that I had to use some concealer on my dark circles and veining as otherwise the blush would draw attention to these similarly colored flaws.

I took photos but was told that the blush was hard to see--it looks much richer IRL. But I think that this is a super good blush for lighter skins. Here's a pic with the sun behind me. Excuse the lack of foundation and lipstick. Sorry it's so big but when I reduce it down then the blush is harder to see. 😮

burberry-silk-bloom-blush-1-27-2017c.jpg

Gorgeous! 

Thx @DiVWA. It does look good on you. I can see it from the picture. Went to Nordstrom and order but it was sold out. I might just have to order with Burberry direct.

FWIW @k617 @vegchililover78 & anyone else has issues with Burberry's "you must sign for everything at your house" policy - I was asked for feedback regarding my order of the blush - so I gave them my *ahem* feedback about this policy :D.

I promptly received the below response:

Although that policy was implemented to ensure the packages are delivered to their rightful owners, I understand the complications and frustrations resulting from a missed delivery attempt.

We are currently working on having packages containing beauty items rerouted to the UPS store after one failed delivery attempt, but in the meantime, I am happy to inform you that Burberry Customer Service can now request for packages to be held at your local UPS store should you miss the first delivery. You would however have to contact our team (which is available over the phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week) for us to request te hold.

That last bit is definitely new as when I had ordered the highlighter over the summer, I called to make that exact request and was not granted it.

I've had nothing but excellent results dealing with Burberry's customer service. They are very timely and responsive in all my dealings with them. They actually listen to customers too. I'm almost on a first-name basis with one of their reps because I'm always emailing to ask about chromium and fragrance. (I like to think that when they leave both ingredients out of their products, like their latest blush, that maybe they listened to me. ;)) I'm glad you took the time to ask for the package hold last summer and to give feedback about their current policy, as it helps them further advance in providing for their customers' needs.

That's reassuring to hear @DiVWA! I'm so glad that you're having such prompt and positive CS response from them 🙂

Good for you and them for being responsive. I understand they want to make sure that people get their stuff but there has to be some alternative to customers sitting at home all day waiting for packages. Especially for beauty items that are relatively low value for them to replace.

Exactly @bonafide11! I get wanting a signature, but the fact that they originally didn't want to route anything to a UPS facility was ridiculous (and a signature for a blush, honestly, is a bit ridiculous :x)

@Libellules Thanks for sharing! This is excellent news!

Here's Burberry Liquid Lip Velvet in Fawn Rose on me:

brbr.jpg

Blotted:

1.jpg

I am so loving the color! Formula feels very nice ( for what it is ), too, but I haven't given it a proper test ride yet.

That color is gorgeous!  @lyravega

@lyravega

Here's Burberry Silk and Bloom blush - it is truly lovely. This is a heavy swatch. Don't mind my veins 🙂 

And yes, it's distinctly plum. No comparisons to Isadora yet! 

4B771BCC-FA7A-458C-B058-94E3A9C9FFB9.JPG

F3F718C4-FFCD-4135-9D19-C0761281B3A1.JPG

I love that blush on you @lachaton!

@lachaton

I just ordered Silk and Bloom blush from Burberry Direct last night.  This is the first time I ordered from them.  I was not even checking or paying any attention until I saw my shipping confirmation email this morning that tax or duty is not included... om... what am i getting myself into?  I located in Toronto.

I know signature is required, is ups going to collect duty on delivery?

Thanks.....

@SalBing I've ordered a number of times from Burberry direct over the years and had it shipped to me in ON, never had to pay anything extra. 

I'm not sure what sort of witchcraft Burberry has arranged with UPS delivering, but I've never had to pay above the cost of the item.

@lachaton   Thanks, this is a very helpful.

I just checked their website and noticed that the following is stated under Shipping information:  

• Customers are not responsible for import taxes and duties

So, looks like they probably have did some sort of arrangement so we ended up no need to pay extra on top of it.

This is good information.  But, dangerous to my wallet at the same time.

testing